I'm looking for the Cobra!

#11SinisterBladePosted 3/15/2013 7:26:10 AM
0.07 holds nothing on the cobra, the DR is compounded by the fact a burner must drop a sniper, that then must have a rarity assigned, and then finally have a 0.88 DR applied. Infinity is rare, but not really close to the Cobra. Also infinities can drop from any raid, appear in certain chests and even the Warrior can drop one. Cobra is only dropped by burners. Its not really even a fair comparison. Im sure 9.8/10 cobras you will ever see where duped. Hell even GBX had to officially tell the community where the weapon was found, because it was nowhere to be seen and people made a ruckus as it was a promised unique. Im not being pessimistic, im stating facts.

HoD is quite rare, but again not that bad. Ive received this drop twice from him, so unless I have the luck of the gods, its not as rare as many other things.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#12R0880Posted 3/15/2013 8:32:46 AM
Using information pulled off GBX, the odds of a Cobra being dropped are around 0.065%, while a LV50 Cobra being dropped is around 0.0217%. It has the lowest drop rate in the game as far as I'm aware.

Also, a max stat Cobra (Skookum w/ Jakob's Grip) is apparently at about 0.0005425%. I wonder why the Cobra gets duped so much! Better get farming, should take around 183,300 kills :)
---
Saturday is treat day.
#13malcolm913Posted 3/15/2013 8:36:18 AM
R0880 posted...
Using information pulled off GBX, the odds of a Cobra being dropped are around 0.065%, while a LV50 Cobra being dropped is around 0.0217%. It has the lowest drop rate in the game as far as I'm aware.

Also, a max stat Cobra (Skookum w/ Jakob's Grip) is apparently at about 0.0005425%. I wonder why the Cobra gets duped so much! Better get farming, should take around 183,300 kills :)

Ok, back to farming for me then - right after I buy my Power Ball tickets, as it seems that I have a better chance of winning that then of getting a Cobra. When I win the Power Ball I can quit my jobs and I will have plenty of free time to farm.
---
GT: malcolm913
#14WretchedOwlPosted 3/15/2013 9:32:52 AM
malcolm913 posted...
R0880 posted...

Ok, back to farming for me then - right after I buy my Power Ball tickets, as it seems that I have a better chance of winning that then of getting a Cobra. When I win the Power Ball I can quit my jobs and I will have plenty of free time to farm.

Yes, but still. There's the off chance you could roll in there and get it to fly out of the first Burner you kill.. and thats what makes this game so effing addicting.
---
A lying tongue hates those it crushes, but a flattering mouth works ruin. -- GT: Wretched Owls
#15malcolm913Posted 3/15/2013 10:25:21 AM
WretchedOwl posted...
malcolm913 posted...
R0880 posted...

Yes, but still. There's the off chance you could roll in there and get it to fly out of the first Burner you kill.. and thats what makes this game so effing addicting.

I know, right? I actually don't mind the farming; I just make sure that I switch it up to different areas/bosses.
---
GT: malcolm913
#16The_Hungry_One(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 10:31:09 AM
I've temporarily respec'd Zer0 to almost all Bloodshed. Many Must Fall is useful for clearing out an entire group of enemies in one Decepti0n. Love Thumper is useful too for ensuring that everything dies in one hit. It makes farming the area more enjoyable and much more efficient and faster.
---
Long days and pleasant nights.
#17LifeIsABigGamePosted 3/15/2013 11:00:45 AM
All that farming will b for nothing cuz the level cap will b raised soon and every single item we have farmed for will b obsolete. But the good thing is that we will get more skill points making the game that much more fun farming for whatever items u so desire. I'm going to do the same I have been doing to get all of my arsenal and that's murder Pete A LOT to get all of my items upgraded to the new level cap
---
Life is best enjoyed with family and friends.
GT: Mono El Nasty
#18MrImpatient35Posted 3/15/2013 2:44:22 PM
The_Hungry_One posted...
MRDINO98 posted...
Good luck TC. You re gonna need it.

I know... but I feel like I have a higher chance to get the Cobra than I do with the Hide of Terramorphous and the Infinity. I have the Infinity, but the Hide still eludes me. We'll see how it goes.

I killed Terra SOOOO many times before he finally dropped a Hide of Terra shield. That shield is boss though. It's one of the main shields that I use, along with the black hole and Hoplite. I love that damn Hoplite!
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.
#19The_Hungry_One(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 4:30:33 AM
and1ballr posted...
The_Hungry_One posted...
MRDINO98 posted...
Good luck TC. You re gonna need it.

I know... but I feel like I have a higher chance to get the Cobra than I do with the Hide of Terramorphous and the Infinity. I have the Infinity, but the Hide still eludes me. We'll see how it goes.

I killed Terra SOOOO many times before he finally dropped a Hide of Terra shield. That shield is boss though. It's one of the main shields that I use, along with the black hole and Hoplite. I love that damn Hoplite!

I'm about 150 kills on Terramorphous and he's not dropped much. The most noteworthy thing he dropped is the Blood of Terramorphous, which I have in my stash. I only want the Hide of Terramorphous and Zer0's unique head, both of which he refuses to drop.
---
Long days and pleasant nights.
#20iOutlawTornPosted 3/16/2013 9:00:55 AM
The_Hungry_One posted...
malcolm913 posted...
Did a quick Beatdown run before work this morning, and a burner dropped a generic blue sniper rifle. When I saw it drop from a distance I thought "its finally over, I can't stop farming this f-ing place", needless to say I was not happy when I picked it up. Fine then universe, I'll keep at it.

Reminds me of the dreaded Photon Drop on Phantasy Star Online. My God, they were the bane of all hope. You'd do run after run after run and then eventually that red box would drop, and your heart would start aflutter; you run towards it, all the while praying to whatever gaming deity there is that it's the legendary weapon or shield you were hunting, and it's a Photon Drop. The worst part is that the Photon Drops were useless if you weren't connected to the internet...

Still, I love Phantasy Star Online. I have spent many fond hours playing that game.

OMG this. I hated Photon Drops. So aggravating.