Have you ever smashed to kill a raid boss?

#11WretchedOwlPosted 3/15/2013 2:16:41 PM
I'll only evil smash bosses occasionally if I'm trying to get a few runs in before work or something.. but only bosses that I've already proven to myself I can beat by myself, legitly. Which right now is only Pete.
---
A lying tongue hates those it crushes, but a flattering mouth works ruin. -- GT: Wretched Owls
#12gunsndroses(Topic Creator)Posted 3/15/2013 2:30:18 PM
Just attempted to kill him legitimately. Took a couple times to get it down pat, but I eventually killed him. He immediately dropped a Black Hole.

I am happy now.
---
My name is Ozymandias, king of kings.
#13MrImpatient35Posted 3/15/2013 2:33:44 PM
I never do it the first time I attempt to kill a raid boss, but I do it a lot after that. Mainly to make farming the crystals from them easy, since they only drop roughly 7-9 crystals each time you kill them. The good stuff is usually 120 crystals.
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.
#14WretchedOwlPosted 3/15/2013 2:41:05 PM
WretchedOwl posted...
I'll only evil smash bosses occasionally if I'm trying to get a few runs in before work or something.. but only bosses that I've already proven to myself I can beat by myself, legitly. Which right now is only Pete.

Oh, and Terra. I always forget he's a raid boss just cause he's vanilla.
---
A lying tongue hates those it crushes, but a flattering mouth works ruin. -- GT: Wretched Owls
#15RoketomanPosted 3/15/2013 2:46:14 PM
If I am smashed and killing them for hours and still get nothing good, cannot imagine how long it would take to get good stuff killing them un-smashed.
---
Christ is Lord
#16your other dad sayzPosted 3/15/2013 3:10:23 PM
I've killed them all legitly first. Now I smash the hell out of them to get it over with quickly.
---
Currently Playing: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Xbox 360), FarCry 3 (Xbox 360)
I'm on one.
#17MrImpatient35Posted 3/15/2013 3:12:45 PM
Roketoman posted...
If I am smashed and killing them for hours and still get nothing good, cannot imagine how long it would take to get good stuff killing them un-smashed.

^this also.
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.
#18Pvt-SpoonPosted 3/15/2013 3:26:29 PM
Smashed Pete a few times when I first learned of the glitch. I personally think it makes playing the game for fun pointless, so now the evil smasher resides in my vault. But if other people think it's fun, more power to them ; )
---
A pessimist is just an optimist with more experience.
#19Wallcrawler8878Posted 3/15/2013 5:59:09 PM
All the time.

The drop rates for solo players are so low that if I have to kill these guys 30 times just to get one thing, then Im doing it as fast as possible. Some of us have to go back to work in the morning and dont have time for this crap.
#20PC28385Posted 3/15/2013 6:12:12 PM
I did it once with my siren at level 32 against terramorphous. Took him down in about 5 minutes. Very handy for those that farm raid bosses. Incredibly boring otherwise. Why some players insist on joining online raid boss battles and evil smashing is beyond me.
---
PSN: PSHustla | Steam:PC28385
XBOX LIVE: PC28385 | Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pc28385