Um... patch?

#41WickedRoguePosted 3/17/2013 8:50:42 AM
This update is also exclusive to the 360 version.
---
"A delayed game is eventually good, but a bad game is bad forever." - Shigeru Miyamoto
#42Jambi_ManPosted 3/17/2013 9:17:49 AM
WretchedOwl posted...
Zenxin posted...
I'm hoping that maybe its a behind-the-scenes patch for new DLC

I don't want it to fix the bank vault or all the fun glitches I haven't gotten the chance to try yet

they'd better not fix the unlimited bank space.... how am I supposed to collect guns if I have a limited amount of slots?!

1. Create a 2nd xbox profile.

2. Join your main's game with new character from 2nd xbox profile.

3. Give them gear you want to save.

4. Create as many 2nd profile mules as you like.

5. It's faster than running to the bank.

6. You have all of your gear at your fingertips, anywhere, anytime. No need to go to sanctuary to get it.

7. It effectively backs up your gear. Say you need some weapons from your orange mule....bring him in, get the gear, sign out with mule....then you can just sell it when done with it. It's still with your mule, safe and sound. Accidentally sold an orange and didn't know it, no biggie. It's still with your mule. Just make sure you don't save & exit with your mule, then sell the item, or you'll be missing it for good. And if you do save/exit the mule, just make sure to give the item back to them when done with it.

8. If you find a surplus of eridium, load up mule, pick up eridium. This way you can build mules up to 27 backpack slots.

9. It's super quick to load them in and out. Very efficient way of managing gear. You can implement this strategy, and forget about the bank and claptrap's forever.

10. I have over 500 items stored this way, and I can grab any 5 of them within a minute.
---
No son, never. The blood stays on the blade. One day you'll understand.
#43brianvolk42Posted 3/17/2013 9:21:56 AM
Jambi_Man posted...
WretchedOwl posted...
Zenxin posted...
I'm hoping that maybe its a behind-the-scenes patch for new DLC

I don't want it to fix the bank vault or all the fun glitches I haven't gotten the chance to try yet

they'd better not fix the unlimited bank space.... how am I supposed to collect guns if I have a limited amount of slots?!

1. Create a 2nd xbox profile.

2. Join your main's game with new character from 2nd xbox profile.

3. Give them gear you want to save.

4. Create as many 2nd profile mules as you like.

5. It's faster than running to the bank.

6. You have all of your gear at your fingertips, anywhere, anytime. No need to go to sanctuary to get it.

7. It effectively backs up your gear. Say you need some weapons from your orange mule....bring him in, get the gear, sign out with mule....then you can just sell it when done with it. It's still with your mule, safe and sound. Accidentally sold an orange and didn't know it, no biggie. It's still with your mule. Just make sure you don't save & exit with your mule, then sell the item, or you'll be missing it for good. And if you do save/exit the mule, just make sure to give the item back to them when done with it.

8. If you find a surplus of eridium, load up mule, pick up eridium. This way you can build mules up to 27 backpack slots.

9. It's super quick to load them in and out. Very efficient way of managing gear. You can implement this strategy, and forget about the bank and claptrap's forever.

10. I have over 500 items stored this way, and I can grab any 5 of them within a minute.

This is the way to go. I probably have about the same number of items stored this way.
#44JustinTheJaggedPosted 3/17/2013 9:28:21 AM
The only difference I've noticed with this patch is my game freezes WAY more often.
---
Gamer for life, 31 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.
#45JrsBeanz03Posted 3/17/2013 10:38:26 AM
JustinTheJagged posted...
The only difference I've noticed with this patch is my game freezes WAY more often.

This ...

Can't join an online game without freezing after 10 minutes of joining. Hopefully though, Gearbox addresses this issue with the lost of BAR/skins/heads.

Which shouldn't take that long as the community manager over at Gearbox is already aware of this issue and will address it to the other employes.
#46H3nryW1ls0n3Posted 3/17/2013 2:11:20 PM
From Gearbox forum*****

Originally Posted by ChrisF
I don't have any additional details to share about the contents of the update at the moment, but I wanted to address some concerns regarding Badass Rank.

While the timing may cause some to think that the two are linked, it's likely an unfortunate coincidence and that the profile data corruption that causes this behavior would have (or already had) sadly occurred regardless.

Past updates have added as much protection for this data as is possible in-game and future updates will continue to refine the restoration functionality that scans character saves to restore as much of that lost data as possible in those instances.

For the time being, anyone who experiences this and feels like their Badass Rank hasn't been restored properly or needs SHiFT items restored should contact http://support.gearboxsoftware.com so we can get you fixed up to the best of our ability.

Please note that we can't restore any items or skins that were obtained as random drops since there's no way to track those, but we'll do everything within our power to make you whole again particularly as it relates to Badass Rank, Golden Keys and SHiFT items. If after a few responses you aren't satisfied, ask to be assigned to me (ChrisF) and I'll look into your case further, but please note that my response will likely not be instantaneous.
#47fluffysplatPosted 3/18/2013 2:30:07 PM
From the Gearbox forums:

Just got confirmation on the update notes. This was a minor update, with a more comprehensive update to follow in the coming weeks.

- Changes to improve recognition and compatibility of installed DLC.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=258364&page=31
Post 308
---
XBox: AFSplat
#48tony8669Posted 3/18/2013 2:54:28 PM
Maybe the patch ate your baby.