Question about "luck of the Zafords" event....orange drop rate related

#1Jambi_ManPosted 3/16/2013 11:20:04 AM(edited)
Does anyone know for sure if the event affects drop rates for oranges? Basically, does it lower the chance of getting a non-shield legendary to drop from it's specific boss?

I'm farming the Storm Front(day 8, don't understand what the deal is) and while online, I was getting white shield drops constantly. I was thinking that this might be lowering my chances even more at getting the SF, due to the increased chance of shields.

Lets say the SF has a 5% drop rate normally. Does that 5% stay the same during the event, and the increase in shields only applies to the remaining 95%? Or does the increase in shields apply to the whole 100%. I'm playing offline now, just in case.

And I know what you're thinking, why the hell am I farming a grenade, when I should be farming shields(that is, if it does affect orange rates).....well, lets just say I've got a vendetta against these turtles, and I aint leaving till I get what I want....and I have the rest of the weekend all clear for BL2...I have time. But an answer to this question would be helpful to know where to go from here.
---
No son, never. The blood stays on the blade. One day you'll understand.
#2cookietheifPosted 3/16/2013 11:26:36 AM
I think I have a storm front, not able to check since I just left to get a tattoo and spend time with the gf. I could check for you when I get back though.
---
GT/PSN: Keijho Currently playing Borderlands 2, Dead Island, Skyrim, League of Legends and Dead Space 3
#3Jambi_Man(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 11:45:21 AM
cookietheif posted...
I think I have a storm front, not able to check since I just left to get a tattoo and spend time with the gf. I could check for you when I get back though.

I greatly appreciate your offer, but I generally like to farm my own stuff. I can't give up now, too much time spent.....but this will be one of my most rewarding drops yet, I can't wait to see that orange glow! Plus, I hear it's totally worth it for the Storm Front.
---
#4jloewensteinPosted 3/16/2013 12:13:51 PM
Jambi_Man posted...
Does anyone know for sure if the event affects drop rates for oranges? Basically, does it lower the chance of getting a non-shield legendary to drop from it's specific boss?

I don't think so. Lot's of farming since the begining of the "luck", and orange shields droped only where they suppose to drop (but not the versions I was farming for).

Did a lot of raid bosses farming. Hyperius was cheaper than ever, Pete was the same (class mods and things of his pool, no shields, tho). Had a non-expected drop from Gee (Well Kept Striker), and a for-so-long-desired drop from Vermi.
#5kinggoldfingerPosted 3/16/2013 12:25:13 PM
I've killed Pete many, many times during this event, and he only dropped two shields (both Shams, both low %). I did get some good orange weapons though.
---
The Princess is in another Castle.
Punching trees gives me wood.
#6cookietheifPosted 3/16/2013 12:33:03 PM
kinggoldfinger posted...
I've killed Pete many, many times during this event, and he only dropped two shields (both Shams, both low %). I did get some good orange weapons though.

He's only dropped 2 class mods and two gernade mods for me. May farm him again later and try my luck. He did drop a crap ton of purple shields though.
---
GT/PSN: Keijho Currently playing Borderlands 2, Dead Island, Skyrim, League of Legends and Dead Space 3
#7Jambi_Man(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 12:41:11 PM
cookietheif posted...
He did drop a crap ton of purple shields though.

Now, maybe we're on to something....
---
#8VeritasAbIratoPosted 3/16/2013 12:45:08 PM
Jambi_Man posted...
cookietheif posted...

I greatly appreciate your offer, but I generally like to farm my own stuff. I can't give up now, too much time spent.....but this will be one of my most rewarding drops yet, I can't wait to see that orange glow! Plus, I hear it's totally worth it for the Storm Front.

Imo its TOTALLY worth it for the storm front. That's my overall favorite grenade ESPECIALLY in smaller rooms or corridors. It is a total room cleaner, I use it for about everything. That and the Fire Bee. Keep it up.
#9Jambi_Man(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 12:52:12 PM
VeritasAbIrato posted...
Jambi_Man posted...
cookietheif posted...

Imo its TOTALLY worth it for the storm front. That's my overall favorite grenade ESPECIALLY in smaller rooms or corridors. It is a total room cleaner, I use it for about everything. That and the Fire Bee. Keep it up.

You have delivered the perfect amount of fuel.... I'm not quitting till these pre-pubescent freakshow ryu hayabusa tortoises come off that thing. I've only quit on 2 farms....McNally, and "he who shall not be named"
---
#10RaptorkittyPosted 3/16/2013 1:22:51 PM
Well I've gotten 5 Bees in the past two days. Take that as you will.
---
GT: KittyKitty13 Playing: Borderlands 2
Official Dual GSoA on the Dark Souls board