Farming for The Emperor question

#1HaloDad020508Posted 3/16/2013 6:46:38 PM
Ok so I am a level 35 zerker. I am wanting to get The Emperor SMG and I saw you can do it southpaw power and wait for one assassin to drop it. Well they are at level 8 when i go back. Does the level of my enemies play a factor into the probability of getting it?
---
Playing Borderlands 2, Halo 4 and Black Ops 2.
Anticipating Hitman HD, Tomb Raider and Crysis 3.
#2JagorosPosted 3/16/2013 6:48:21 PM
No, level of the enemies should play no factor into probability. However, it's going to affect the level of the gun/item.
---
~Jagoros
Madness takes it's toll. Please have exact change ready.
#3b_rab_2204Posted 3/16/2013 6:48:34 PM
Drop rate is the same but I think the emperor they will drop will be level 8, not sure though.
---
GT: SixGunShray
#4HaloDad020508(Topic Creator)Posted 3/16/2013 6:56:13 PM
Yeah thats true it probably would be that strong. Is there any other place its been said to be found?
---
Playing Borderlands 2, Halo 4 and Black Ops 2.
Anticipating Hitman HD, Tomb Raider and Crysis 3.
#5Jambi_ManPosted 3/16/2013 6:57:29 PM
It has the same chance to drop as it usually would. But the level of drops is based on the level of the enemy that drops it.....and that can fluctuate 2 levels up or down. So you'd get a level 6-10 emperor.
---
No son, never. The blood stays on the blade. One day you'll understand.
#6Jambi_ManPosted 3/16/2013 7:01:20 PM
HaloDad020508 posted...
Yeah thats true it probably would be that strong. Is there any other place its been said to be found?

Any lootable object can spawn any legendary at any time, but the chance for that is so low, you can forget about 'trying' for an emperor that way. Pyrocaustic Pete(Torgue DLC) can drop about any legendary, and the chests in the treasure room in Scarlett's DLC is the same way. They both have a higher chance than any other boss to drop a legendary, but you don't know which one it will be. Your best bet for finding a specific legendary is to go to its assigned boss to farm it.
---
No son, never. The blood stays on the blade. One day you'll understand.