Melee Zero

#1Santeria_101Posted 3/16/2013 6:55:50 PM
I have been running a melee bloodshed zero and its been great until i start running him against late game hyperion loaders. He is insane against bandits and Hyperion soldiers but loaders are really doing a number on him especially in the hyperion circle. At this point I just want to put a bullet in Moxxis head and be done with it. Anyone got any tips to run this class? My Rubi and love thumper are low level so I'm going with the Rapier and Punchee and I'm level 35 playing solo. Your ideas will be much appreciated.
---
I didnt fall as much as I sauntered vaguely down
#2Jambi_ManPosted 3/16/2013 7:05:16 PM
Santeria_101 posted...
I have been running a melee bloodshed zero and its been great until i start running him against late game hyperion loaders. He is insane against bandits and Hyperion soldiers but loaders are really doing a number on him especially in the hyperion circle. At this point I just want to put a bullet in Moxxis head and be done with it. Anyone got any tips to run this class? My Rubi and love thumper are low level so I'm going with the Rapier and Punchee and I'm level 35 playing solo. Your ideas will be much appreciated.

I've always found melee attacks to be lacking against loaders in general. I usually focus my melee attacks on the hyperion soldiers/engineers/snipers, and use a good Tesla 'area of effect' grenade, combined with at least a decent corrosive gun for the loaders.
---
No son, never. The blood stays on the blade. One day you'll understand.
#3Jambi_ManPosted 3/16/2013 7:09:39 PM
Jambi_Man posted...
Santeria_101 posted...

I've always found melee attacks to be lacking against loaders in general. I usually focus my melee attacks on the hyperion soldiers/engineers/snipers, and use a good Tesla 'area of effect' grenade, combined with at least a decent corrosive gun for the loaders.

Of course, a corrosive 'area of effect' grenade would be more effective for loaders.....I just love Teslas....they damage and stun... and AoE nades can damage you, and I've always felt like the corrosive ones damage me more than the teslas....
---
#4VirtusEtIgnisPosted 3/16/2013 7:34:30 PM
Having a good corrosive weapon is right. If I were you, I'd actually get myself an impaler shield about your level. If you're unfamiliar, it's a shield that shoots corrosive spikes back at people and only stops shooting when the shield depletes. Very good shield amount and average recharge rate and delay. You could switch between it and your love thumper or punchee while fighting loaders. This worked for me when I was playing Zer0.
---
Leadership Excellence
A Gentleman and a Scholar
#5Jambi_ManPosted 3/16/2013 7:59:23 PM
VirtusEtIgnis posted...
Having a good corrosive weapon is right. If I were you, I'd actually get myself an impaler shield about your level. If you're unfamiliar, it's a shield that shoots corrosive spikes back at people and only stops shooting when the shield depletes. Very good shield amount and average recharge rate and delay. You could switch between it and your love thumper or punchee while fighting loaders. This worked for me when I was playing Zer0.

Yes, good advice. I've actually found a few Impalers with really good R-delays....best being just under 2.
---
#6xBallyhooxPosted 3/16/2013 8:09:29 PM
get yourself a bladed hornet
#7The_Hungry_OnePosted 3/16/2013 11:59:16 PM
Personally I find the Bloodshed Zer0 to be lacking in that punch when hitting foes. It's good for standard mobs, but you're missing out on Death Bl0ss0m which can apply Death Mark before you actually hit the target, and you get Death Bl0ss0m from the Cunning skill tree. If you don't want to change trees, then try to get yourself a good Strength Relic and a decent corrosive weapon.

Shock weapons are good too, as I find the Loaders to be more susceptible to stun that most other targets.
---
Long days and pleasant nights.