Did anyone else lose things since the patch went up?

#11drake_skullPosted 3/17/2013 8:25:25 PM
ShinterL posted...
Just to post this here so people who don't check both forums can be aware.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=258364

The main thing, from gearbox, is that the patch and any loss of BAR, etc are a coincidence. Still no info on what the patch was for, but if you lose BAR, skins, etc, you would have lost them with or without the patch, and has to do with profile data corruption.

It was pretty much proven via testing that one of the early game updates was actually causing BAR resets. When you downloaded it it interrupted some loading process in the game and that would screw up your BAR since its not stored in your game save but in your profile.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
http://www.youtube.com/user/Drakeskull23
#12JustinTheJaggedPosted 3/17/2013 8:28:27 PM
Steve0314 posted...
JustinTheJagged posted...
For me the game is freezing about every 10 minutes and 5 of my golden keys are missing, and my friend got his BAR reset.

woah.... So Im not the only one. Mines freezing about every 15 - 20 min. I just put the game on my HD and Im about to see if that helps... Cross your fingers.

I only noticed it happening after the patch so I am guessing that is what is causing it. I hope that putting the game on the HD helps, because it is pretty much unplayable currently.
---
Gamer for life, 31 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.
#13Gwalir11Posted 3/17/2013 8:42:14 PM
My brother has this trouble and found out it seemed to be caused by him wearing the Pirate hat from the Scarlet's Booty DLC. Once he unequipped it and exited the game, afterwards he was able to join without any freezing.
#14Steve0314Posted 3/17/2013 8:44:26 PM
Steve0314 posted...
For me the game is freezing about every 10 minutes and 5 of my golden keys are missing, and my friend got his BAR reset.

woah.... So Im not the only one. Mines freezing about every 15 - 20 min. I just put the game on my HD and Im about to see if that helps... Cross your fingers.

I only noticed it happening after the patch so I am guessing that is what is causing it. I hope that putting the game on the HD helps, because it is pretty much unplayable currently.

It seems to be working [so far at least]
---
GT: Steve0314
#15Steve0314Posted 3/17/2013 9:00:30 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#16Vlad_Impaler7Posted 3/18/2013 5:39:34 AM
InfamousCarl posted...
Lost 62k BAR, all my heads/skins, and 2 keys. Don't mind the keys and it gave me 152 tokens to spend. I also have a bunch of the skins on mules. What I'm upset about are the Valentine and St. Patrick's skins.

How will we get those back since they weren't actual items? I know it's not a huge issue in the grand scheme of things, but we shouldn't lose that from a mandatory update.

I can get you back the Loverpalooza and Luck of the Zafords skins if you want.
---
"Bingo!!!" - Bayman, Dead Or Alive series
XBOX Live Gamertag: Vlad Impaler7
#17RaptorkittyPosted 3/18/2013 7:10:42 AM
Steve0314 posted...

My game started freezing after the patch too, but I fixed it by making sure I had over 2% with all of my BAR bonuses.
---
GT: KittyKitty13 Playing: Borderlands 2
Official Dual GSoA on the Dark Souls board
#18AmnesiaCanePosted 3/18/2013 9:31:27 AM
I lost two very good recently acquired weapons from the Torgue Campaign. I sold off the ones that I replaced them for, too, and my poor Sal hasn't recovered yet.
#19FBlade24Posted 3/18/2013 10:06:46 AM(edited)
I played all weekend and didn't have a single problem. Makes me think twice about rushing home to play tonight tho. I haven't purchased the expansion DLC yet so I wonder if it has something to do with that.

Edit: I do remember downloading the patch however.
---
1 to 0
#20JustinTheJaggedPosted 3/18/2013 10:00:51 AM
Raptorkitty posted...
Steve0314 posted...

My game started freezing after the patch too, but I fixed it by making sure I had over 2% with all of my BAR bonuses.

Huh, could that really be causing it? Because I have more than that in everything but critical damage.
---
Gamer for life, 31 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.