Black Hole Shield Drop Rate

#11MrImpatient35Posted 3/17/2013 4:33:31 PM
I got mine solo in about 10 tries. It is my top 5 fav shields. I love it because if I get downed, that shield makes it incredibly easy to get back up. Sometimes I dont even have to shoot anyone. The shield will kill someone and I'll get revived.
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.
#12JimiMorrison187Posted 3/17/2013 4:50:37 PM
Crap...keep forgetting this shield exists. Guy never dropped it for me even though I never farmed him. I'll add it to my list. Unless...I get lucky and it spawns in the Leviathan Treasure Room, whcih I think I will glitch right now for a bit. I got a Level 50 Legendary Class Mod in there earlier and I was just going to farm Vermi aftger that so that made my day (wasn't using the glitch eithr was during the story mode):D
---
If you like Terraria and can't wait for Starbound check out Darkout too (Greenlight it!): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=98158224
#13KRAZ3X360(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 4:56:21 PM
I'm still working on Forman Rusty. No luck yet.
#14killbot357Posted 3/17/2013 5:25:52 PM
Solo here, too.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Etrian Odyssey IV, Borderlands 2
#15KRAZ3X360(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 6:05:10 PM
I got one but its a level 48 ):
#16Wallcrawler8878Posted 3/17/2013 6:32:36 PM
KRAZ3X360 posted...
So how is the shield? I read about what it does an thought it would be fun to have.

Its pretty nice, once the shield goes down it sucks all enemies toward you like a singularity grenade and lights them up for about 86k nova damage. It kills a lot of enemies and knocks the crap out of some of the tougher ones so you can finish them up with weapons fire pretty easily.

Having to wait for it to fully recharge between novas is the only drawback for me, I get impatient hiding and waiting for it to fully charge back up.
#17Steve0314Posted 3/17/2013 9:59:25 PM
Wallcrawler8878 posted...
KRAZ3X360 posted...
So how is the shield? I read about what it does an thought it would be fun to have.

Its pretty nice, once the shield goes down it sucks all enemies toward you like a singularity grenade and lights them up for about 86k nova damage. It kills a lot of enemies and knocks the crap out of some of the tougher ones so you can finish them up with weapons fire pretty easily.

Having to wait for it to fully recharge between novas is the only drawback for me, I get impatient hiding and waiting for it to fully charge back up.

Gaige has a solution to that problem called blood soaked shields. It fully restores shield upon a kill. So here is how I worked it. Shield goes down, pulls enemies in, blasts them with 113k shock dmg, kills enemies. Sheild is fully regenerated. Rinse and repeat. Easyp easy lemon squeezy.
---
GT: Steve0314
#18KRAZ3X360(Topic Creator)Posted 3/17/2013 10:28:12 PM
What are max stats for a black hole shield?
#19Steve0314Posted 3/17/2013 10:43:59 PM
KRAZ3X360 posted...
What are max stats for a black hole shield?

No idea... I think 113k is one of the top dmg wise though... Its pretty insane. I can dupe it for you if you want. Just send me an invite... Ill be on for another 20 min or so.
---
GT: Steve0314
#20Axel7174Posted 3/17/2013 11:46:25 PM(edited)
I find it almost hard to believe that some people have gotten this shield in 10-20 tries. Yet, people in this topic, people on other forums, and even a guy on youtube have gotten the Black Hole in just a few tries. In the latter case, he got the shield three times in around 20 tries, including twice back-to-back.

Made me feel pretty good about farming it. Yet 120+ tries later I have not seen a single drop of it. I'm stunned.

I'm thinking this Zaford event has messed up the drop rates for legendary shields somehow. All I saw were white/green shields, and some grenade mods and cash. He dropped one blue shield right before I took a break around the 100 try mark. Waited for the event to end and even went offline to be safe and still no luck.

Just... ugh.
---
"If you come here, you'll find me...I promise..." ~Squall Leonhart
"Tonight's the night we silence you, there's nowhere left to run." ~ADTR