What are the best artifacts?

#11SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 3/18/2013 4:46:15 AM
Mayhemers posted...
With running the Legendary mod, I like to use Blood of the Seraphs to keep the health regen going (as I use chars that don't have regen skills).

Why not use the blood of the seraphs mod? It's only .1% difference (if I remember correctly) in regen rate, and you get increased max health, as well.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#12WretchedOwlPosted 3/18/2013 5:03:05 AM
I always use the extra damage relics.. I pretty much get an awesome relic, and then just build a set around it. My commando uses a full explosive damage set with a 30% explosive dmg relic and he destroys everything.
---
A lying tongue hates those it crushes, but a flattering mouth works ruin. -- GT: Wretched Owls
#13SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 3/18/2013 5:14:30 AM
WretchedOwl posted...
I always use the extra damage relics.. I pretty much get an awesome relic, and then just build a set around it. My commando uses a full explosive damage set with a 30% explosive dmg relic and he destroys everything.

Does grenade damage apply to explosions or something? I don't remember what it was that made Axton better with Explosive weapons.
---
#14WretchedOwlPosted 3/18/2013 6:20:30 AM
SuprSaiyanRockr posted...
WretchedOwl posted...

Does grenade damage apply to explosions or something? I don't remember what it was that made Axton better with Explosive weapons.

As long as you have a grenade that does explosive damage, yeah. That combined with 5/5 in steady makes grenades and rocket launchers deal massive damage. I also spec into Do or Die, which pretty much guarantees me a second wind with my Sticky Longbow Meteor Shower. Do or Die also gives you an extra 10% to grenade and launcher damage as well, so in total with the relic, that buffs explosive damage grenades and rockets an extra 65% and 60% in damage, not counting my badass rank for an extra 16% grenade damage.
---
A lying tongue hates those it crushes, but a flattering mouth works ruin. -- GT: Wretched Owls
#15SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 3/18/2013 6:23:34 AM
WretchedOwl posted...
WretchedOwl posted...

As long as you have a grenade that does explosive damage, yeah. That combined with 5/5 in steady makes grenades and rocket launchers deal massive damage. I also spec into Do or Die, which pretty much guarantees me a second wind with my Sticky Longbow Meteor Shower. Do or Die also gives you an extra 10% to grenade and launcher damage as well, so in total with the relic, that buffs explosive damage grenades and rockets an extra 65% and 60% in damage, not counting my badass rank for an extra 16% grenade damage.

Oh, so Axton isn't more effective with, say, Torgue shotguns for example?

I've had a look through the skill tree once. I don't remember there being any reference to explosive damage. Are such builds all based around rockets and grenades, or have I missed something?
---
#16Violent_ShadowPosted 3/18/2013 6:42:08 AM
JimiMorrison187 posted...
I think Stockpile is the one I want.

Can you get it with +3 grenades and still ahve 2-3 ammo boosts? Mine just has shotguns. I NEVER see this relic though and I was farming the treasure room in Scarlett about 15 times and never saw one of these.

Basically is the reason I asked about this since I have seen dozens of them and they all are blue ones and a rare purple that stinks like Explosive damage +27%...derp

You can get up to +70% capacity on 2 gun types with +4 grenades or a variation of 3 different weapon types with +70% ammo capacity. i've quite a few of them and i'm currently rocking one on my Cataclysm Siren.
---
"Beautiful lies beget ugly truths."
#17WolfLinkXPosted 3/18/2013 6:47:42 AM
I usually use the artifacts that give you damage resistance. It usually is either some resistance to shock, corrosive, and non-elemental. Or fire, shock, and slag resistance.
I prefer the first one.
---
Currently Playing: Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3, Borderlands 2, and Gears of War 3.
Waiting list: Rainbow Six Patriots
#18WretchedOwlPosted 3/18/2013 6:52:17 AM
WretchedOwl posted...
WretchedOwl posted...

Oh, so Axton isn't more effective with, say, Torgue shotguns for example?

I've had a look through the skill tree once. I don't remember there being any reference to explosive damage. Are such builds all based around rockets and grenades, or have I missed something?

No, there's nothing in Axton's skill tree that ups explosive damage shy of the grenade and rocket skills, which work for any type of damage. But I just find using the explosive relic with all explosive damage weapons makes Axton amazing. The extra power for the grenades and rockets are just a bonus, and since I don't spec into survival at all, I need them for a quick second wind, as I go down quite a bit. I've also tested the damage from the rocket pods on the turret, and they are indeed affected by the explosive damage relic as well.
---
#19Demon SlicerPosted 3/18/2013 9:33:58 AM
CD rate doesn't matter to me. Battles are usually over by the time I've used it and I don't need it again.

Health is only an issue against raid bosses usually, and really it won't matter either way with 40% more health in most cases.

On Sal right now I never need to use the Zerk more than once anyways so no need for cooldown. Besides I have the LEgendary Class mod so that cuts it in half anyways.

I almost always would prefer more damage, or grenades. Especially with Sal since he can toss 2 at once and he uses 2 guns at once.

FfYL every time I die is when someone goes and hides behind a corner, or I die from DoT damage after they are all dead so that isn't gonna do anythng for me. XD

You're a Zerker, that explains why you don't care about CD rate/health =P

I'm a Zero player, and having a fast CD rate means I can keep Death's Mark applied pretty much 100% of the time on the boss, which is an additional 20% damage.

So like I said, it all depends on what you play.
---
GT: Makes It Rayne
"Incendite tenebras mundi" - "Liberi Fatali"
#20JimiMorrison187(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 12:13:59 PM
CD rate doesn't matter to me. Battles are usually over by the time I've used it and I don't need it again.

Health is only an issue against raid bosses usually, and really it won't matter either way with 40% more health in most cases.

On Sal right now I never need to use the Zerk more than once anyways so no need for cooldown. Besides I have the LEgendary Class mod so that cuts it in half anyways.

I almost always would prefer more damage, or grenades. Especially with Sal since he can toss 2 at once and he uses 2 guns at once.

FfYL every time I die is when someone goes and hides behind a corner, or I die from DoT damage after they are all dead so that isn't gonna do anythng for me. XD

You're a Zerker, that explains why you don't care about CD rate/health =P

I'm a Zero player, and having a fast CD rate means I can keep Death's Mark applied pretty much 100% of the time on the boss, which is an additional 20% damage.

So like I said, it all depends on what you play.

LOL...yeah. He's the last character for me to play, but people like Gaige and Zer0 I might use one of the CD, or health boost ones.

Axton I think I was using the shield one with capacity, delay, and rate, which was good. He already has a skill that gives you like 6 grenades and I think my class mod for him gave me 5 more so no need for the relic. Gaige was too weak for raid bosses imo. DT didn't distract them all that much. If anyone I would want a CD rate bonus for her since her health and shields are so low. She's my favorite character to play with though.

The Damage Res. one might be pretty good too actually. Cutting 20%+ non-elem damage along with 30%+ on a couple elements wouldn't be a bad thing for certain raid bosses.

It sucks though because I glitched the treasure room for a couple hours yesterday and only found a couple purple relics and they were both junk. At this point i may just go after the Terra one to get Health Regen since my class mod doesn't ahve it anymore. I had a really hard time taking the high health regen and 40% gun damage one off for the legendary mod too. You just get way too many bonuses with t to turn it down. I wish that thing had Money Shot on it though. 800% damage on the last shot+another 40% from a weapon swap+some sort of damage relic would be very nice. XD
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/Kwelity/avila2.jpg