Who has solo'd Pyrocaustic Pete the Ultra Invincible without Sandhawk?

#1The_Hungry_OnePosted 3/18/2013 11:47:30 AM
As the topic title asks, I'm wondering who has defeated the boss without the Sandhawk+The Bee combination. I don't have the Sandhawk anymore, and I was curious how difficult he may be with the fight severely drawn out without the aid of a Conference Call alternative.

If you have defeated the boss, and you did it solo and without any illegitimate tactics like Evil Smashing, then how hard did you find it? What did you do, and what did you use, with what character?

I don't mind tactics like using the environment to the advantage, that's fair enough, but I'd like it to be kept as clean as possible in terms of abuse.
---
Long days and pleasant nights.
#2RaptorkittyPosted 3/18/2013 11:49:45 AM
Is he in Big Game Hunt? I imagine I probably could with my Zerker.
---
GT: KittyKitty13 Playing: Borderlands 2
Official Dual GSoA on the Dark Souls board
#3capnovanPosted 3/18/2013 11:51:16 AM
Raptorkitty posted...

he's in Torgue
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#4Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/18/2013 12:07:00 PM(edited)
i have. though i do have an infinity. not totally necesary, but it makes it pretty easy

done it without the infinity as well, but it is more of a challenge. i dont use the sandhawk for my farming. i use my infinity/bee on my fire rate builds. goes down pretty easily.

a bee helps a lot in this fight since you can kite him so easily. a resisting version (corro or fire) is even better to cut down on the DoT.

Strat i use

best shock weapon and a bee. you should be able to down his shields before he novas for the 1st time. you can try and hide from the novas if you want to.

switch to your best damage dealer. i either use my infinity or a harold (you can buy one if you can fight pete. just bar brawl until youve got enough tokens and farm the machines)

keep him slagged as much as possible since he doesnt resist it, and go to town kiting him and dealing damage.

a good AoE grenade is nice for when you need to use a valve. just run through tuen and toss a grenade at the base of the water. if it doesnt kill every mob, they should at least all be weak. the stormfront is amazing for this. if you dont have one, any AoE grenade should work

ive done it without the bee as well, but it takes a bit longer. booster shields work great with his DoT. it makes the boosters pop constantly. the big boom blaster seraph shield is amazing for this fight. you will have a constant supply of grenades and rockets to use on pete and the mobs

good luck. keep at it. pete isnt all that tough

EDIT: i have done this with both zero and axton with little trouble.

buy a DP harold and you will be fine. sandhawk is effective, but not having one isnt a game breaker for this fight. entirely possible without it or the bee
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#5RaptorkittyPosted 3/18/2013 11:58:55 AM
capnovan posted...
Raptorkitty posted...

he's in Torgue

Then I'll have to run through that and test my skill.
---
GT: KittyKitty13 Playing: Borderlands 2
Official Dual GSoA on the Dark Souls board
#6resealablePosted 3/18/2013 12:00:36 PM
I did it with zero, a rapier, love thumper, and rubi. Only takes a few minutes.
#7davinthegreat98Posted 3/18/2013 12:00:39 PM
Bested pete will salvador and a fabled tortoise. required a lot of running around.
---
Not changing this sig until i fix my time machine.
Finished on 8/26/2012
#8Demon SlicerPosted 3/18/2013 12:01:53 PM
You don't need the Sandhawk at all, any weapon that does good damage will do. DP Harold for example.

I go into Deception, hit the button to summon him, throw a Slag Crossfire, throw Kunai to D. Mark him for an addition 20% damage, pew pew his face, go into Deception again, slag/mark, etc etc. When he first pulses, run to the valve, remove DoT, go into Deception, D.Mark/Slag Pete, rocket the adds(Badaboom is what I use for this), rinse and repeat.

The only attack that hits me is his pulse, otherwise he just chases me around the whole time. I do use the Flying Sandhawk personally, but it's certainly not required.
---
GT: Makes It Rayne
"Incendite tenebras mundi" - "Liberi Fatali"
#9The_Hungry_One(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 12:16:27 PM
Zer0 is the character I will be using, and instead of the Love Thumper, I'll be using the Bandit maylay shield which has a recharge of about 6.5 seconds and adds about 24,000 to my melee. Using Love Thumper would be too risky I feel, as I'd it constantly depleted to make full use out of it. I have it in my inventory anyway at all times, so I suppose I could give it a try.

I haven't actually reached him yet, either, but I will do soon as I'm about to fight Badassasaurus. I just wanted to resource how people fight him without the Sandhawk, and try to anticipate what I can do from the start before I even get there. Preparation is half the battle.
---
Long days and pleasant nights.
#10gunsndrosesPosted 3/18/2013 12:17:39 PM
I've soloed him countless times now with my gunzerker. Unkempt Harold and the Slagga complement each other beautifully.
---
My name is Ozymandias, king of kings.