Who has solo'd Pyrocaustic Pete the Ultra Invincible without Sandhawk?

#11Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/18/2013 12:21:19 PM
The_Hungry_One posted...
Zer0 is the character I will be using, and instead of the Love Thumper, I'll be using the Bandit maylay shield which has a recharge of about 6.5 seconds and adds about 24,000 to my melee. Using Love Thumper would be too risky I feel, as I'd it constantly depleted to make full use out of it. I have it in my inventory anyway at all times, so I suppose I could give it a try.

I haven't actually reached him yet, either, but I will do soon as I'm about to fight Badassasaurus. I just wanted to resource how people fight him without the Sandhawk, and try to anticipate what I can do from the start before I even get there. Preparation is half the battle.

just making sure. you are aware that roid shields add the bonus damage when the shield is depleted.

people like the thumper because it has a HUGE recharge delay that allows it to stay depleted so they do bonus roid damage for extended periods.

use the thumper in conjunction with a rubi (eviscerating if you have it) and you should not have any trouble staying alive. the roid damage will heal you when you have rubi equipped
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#12The_Hungry_One(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 12:21:35 PM
Would anyone here say that Pyro Pete is the easiest of the raid bosses to defeat when playing solo?
---
Long days and pleasant nights.
#13Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/18/2013 12:23:06 PM
The_Hungry_One posted...
Would anyone here say that Pyro Pete is the easiest of the raid bosses to defeat when playing solo?

i will say that. so long as you can handle the DoT and pipe mobs.

he doesnt have a OSKO like terra knocking you off the ledge, and most of his attacks are super easy to avoid.
---
#14The_Hungry_One(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 12:26:04 PM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
The_Hungry_One posted...
Zer0 is the character I will be using, and instead of the Love Thumper, I'll be using the Bandit maylay shield which has a recharge of about 6.5 seconds and adds about 24,000 to my melee. Using Love Thumper would be too risky I feel, as I'd it constantly depleted to make full use out of it. I have it in my inventory anyway at all times, so I suppose I could give it a try.

I haven't actually reached him yet, either, but I will do soon as I'm about to fight Badassasaurus. I just wanted to resource how people fight him without the Sandhawk, and try to anticipate what I can do from the start before I even get there. Preparation is half the battle.

just making sure. you are aware that roid shields add the bonus damage when the shield is depleted.

people like the thumper because it has a HUGE recharge delay that allows it to stay depleted so they do bonus roid damage for extended periods.

use the thumper in conjunction with a rubi (eviscerating if you have it) and you should not have any trouble staying alive. the roid damage will heal you when you have rubi equipped

I am fully aware that the roid shield apply their bonuses when depleted, and the fact that the Love Thumper has such a high recharge delay is my concern, as that means I have no shield, and therefore my main source of healing would be Decepti0n as I have no Rubi. That said, I could possible use a Bad Touch, as I believe that heals for 2% of damage caused, so I could simply use that.

I think the best way to do it is simply get there first and fight him to see how well I fair, and then I can actually work out what I need due to my weaknesses.
---
Long days and pleasant nights.
#15Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/18/2013 12:41:28 PM(edited)
The_Hungry_One posted...
The_Hungry_One posted...

I am fully aware that the roid shield apply their bonuses when depleted, and the fact that the Love Thumper has such a high recharge delay is my concern, as that means I have no shield, and therefore my main source of healing would be Decepti0n as I have no Rubi. That said, I could possible use a Bad Touch, as I believe that heals for 2% of damage caused, so I could simply use that.

I think the best way to do it is simply get there first and fight him to see how well I fair, and then I can actually work out what I need due to my weaknesses.

ah. just making sure. didnt realize you had no rubi. if you happen to have saved your PT1 version the healing effect is the same %12.

any moxxi gun will get you the healing. not sure if the percentage from the bad touch will be enough or not. worth a shot though for sure

i can post the zero build i use if you'd like. its a cunning bore build. doesnt require much in the way of equipment, and it works well on him. let me know if you want it
---
#16TsurukePosted 3/18/2013 1:00:03 PM(edited)
Solo'ed him with Zer0 without the need of crutches (Bee+Fibber/Sandhawk) or exploits (KSS Glitching) -- challenging with certain skills and equipment, but not that hard.

Something like running with a Cunning B0re Zer0 with Rubi+Thumper/HoT or Slagga+Scorpio+Stormfront+BBB, etc...
---
XBL GT/PSN: Tsuruke.
#17WretchedOwlPosted 3/18/2013 1:13:10 PM
I've soloed him on my commando, but its impossible to put out the damage necessary without using my DP Unkempt Harold and Alkaline The Bee. I mean... short of abusing the multi projectile bee bug, I don't see any other way to put out the damage necessary without turning the valves so many times that the mobs become more of a problem than Pete himself. I almost got him using only my Kerblaster and Ravager with an Inflammable Flame of the Firehawk, which was easy for managing the mobs when my shield was out, but I still got overwhelmed before I could kill him.
---
A lying tongue hates those it crushes, but a flattering mouth works ruin. -- GT: Wretched Owls
#18resealablePosted 3/18/2013 1:13:53 PM
All the fun is in the risk. Its why I don't wash off the acid. I just keep rubi out when deception isn't available and during deception so my kunai damage fully heals me, and then switch to the rapier for the attack. This way I still have fun as it allows a chance at failure. I think getting a second wind on him is a way better feeling than getting a legendary.
#19PensatoPosted 3/18/2013 1:23:47 PM
The_Hungry_One posted...

Pete and Terra are the easiest.
#20JimiMorrison187Posted 3/18/2013 1:26:18 PM(edited)
The_Hungry_One posted...
The_Hungry_One posted...

ah. just making sure. didnt realize you had no rubi. if you happen to have saved your PT1 version the healing effect is the same %12.

any moxxi gun will get you the healing. not sure if the percentage from the bad touch will be enough or not. worth a shot though for sure

i can post the zero build i use if you'd like. its a cunning bore build. doesnt require much in the way of equipment, and it works well on him. let me know if you want it

Bad Touch only heals on elemental damage so it's worthless for this kind of thing. You have to have a Rubi for it since that is the only one that heals based on ANY damage.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/ripvanwallace/SCAN001.jpg