Borderlands 2 - Got a refund on the Season Pass today

#11killbot357Posted 3/18/2013 1:57:55 PM
To be clear: you beat all the DLC, decided you didn't like it, then got a refund?

Do you regularly go to movies, watch the entire movie, then walk out and demand a refund?
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Etrian Odyssey IV, Borderlands 2
#12SinisterBladePosted 3/18/2013 2:04:16 PM
Dont be too hard on the TC guys, he has valid points.
The DLC's show many times a lack of optimization and lack of innovation. If you have the eyes to see it, much of the DLC was clearly rushed. BGH is a horrible mess of poor layout and design, an astounding lack of balance, and just general redundancy. Clearly they got so lazy with this already short DLC, they made many enemies obscenely OP, forced you run through bloated areas lacking in quick travel or even abundant CaR's, and dotted broken mobs everywhere to slog on the already horrid experience. BGH was a royal **** up, nothing more than a sloppy chore to play. Torgue was mostly incredible by contrast, though still has bugs and the cobra's insultingly low DR. Scarlet's is fun but underwhelming, and virtually every Seraph weapon found here is terrible. The DLC's also have quite a few bugs and just annoying stuff throughout.

I dont regret buying it or feel people should not, but also acknowledge blatant flaws and aggravation we as the buyers should not have to endure.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#13calistud4evPosted 3/18/2013 2:04:39 PM
The chance of this happening are slim to none. The can of worms that would of been unleashed if true is mind blowing. Any and all could claim there DLC for any game was sub-par and demand a refund. In the process stripping microsoft and its developers of millions upon millions of dollars. Im sure the 7,000 lawyers had thought of this when drafting the Terms and Conditions. Now if the content was unable to download or corrupted in someway we'd have a different story. It's hard for me to find any scenario in which your story seems plausible. Yet I don't want to be "that guy",so all I can say is congrats bro! That's awesome!
---
"Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor bastard die for his."-G. S. P.
#14killbot357Posted 3/18/2013 2:11:43 PM
SinisterBlade posted...
I dont regret buying it or feel people should not, but also acknowledge blatant flaws and aggravation we as the buyers should not have to endure.

Eh, I dunno. Maybe TC values the $8 or so each DLC costs more than I do. If I have fun for an hour with DLC, I'm not that mad about the cost. BGH was easily my least favorite, but it was still more fun than say, anything related to Tiny Tina in the main game.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Etrian Odyssey IV, Borderlands 2
#15JimiMorrison187Posted 3/18/2013 2:27:26 PM
Let's just all cut to the truth. TC is lying. HE didn't get a refund. They don't give refunds.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/ripvanwallace/SCAN001.jpg
#16Dante89373Posted 3/18/2013 2:44:57 PM
killbot357 posted...
To be clear: you beat all the DLC, decided you didn't like it, then got a refund?

Do you regularly go to movies, watch the entire movie, then walk out and demand a refund?
#17Kpt_KapowskiPosted 3/18/2013 3:04:17 PM
SinisterBlade posted...
The DLC's show many times a lack of optimization and lack of innovation. If you have the eyes to see it, much of the DLC was clearly rushed. BGH is a horrible mess of poor layout and design, an astounding lack of balance, and just general redundancy. Clearly they got so lazy with this already short DLC, they made many enemies obscenely OP, forced you run through bloated areas lacking in quick travel or even abundant CaR's, and dotted broken mobs everywhere to slog on the already horrid experience. BGH was a royal **** up, nothing more than a sloppy chore to play. Torgue was mostly incredible by contrast, though still has bugs and the cobra's insultingly low DR. Scarlet's is fun but underwhelming, and virtually every Seraph weapon found here is terrible. The DLC's also have quite a few bugs and just annoying stuff throughout.

lol
---
Borderlands 2 BAR: 78673
#18ZurickSavesYOU(Topic Creator)Posted 3/18/2013 3:43:21 PM
I actually thought I was helping you guys out and letting you know MS is willing to give you a refund on the content you purchased without realizing that Gearbox clearly doesn't care about you the player any longer.

I didn't realize the majority of players here were willing to accept substandard quality. Personally I feel Microsoft should keep the money, but charge Gearbox instead of me for what I bought.

For those who asked, I couldn't eve be arsed to install Hammerlocks. I played the first one, thought eh, it's ok. I started Torgues and was pretty appalled. I was waiting to see what was the general consensus on Hammerlocks was and Gearbox's future plans. After seeing Gearbox's "Teaser" for a new character I was like "Ok, that could be cool, but I still don't see why I'm being charged separately, again, for something essential to the game.

Characters ARE essential to a game. Mecromancer should have been free dlc to encourage you to purchase the Season pass, or have been included. It's like SFxT selling you 1/3rd of the roster later or if Madden tried to sell you the teams after you bought the game.

Still I was willing to buy them, but after hearing that Gearbox's focus on the next batch of DLCs, and "Season 2" before we even have seen the 4th DLC is pretty bold on their behalf. This is a lot like the same crap they just pulled with fans of Aliens like myself.

It wasn't a matter of the coin or whatnot. It was just simply principal. You sold me this, but instead I got this, so I would like you to give me my $ back.

To those I offended, my apologies. I guess it's all just a matter of perspective in the end.
#19Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/18/2013 3:55:33 PM
ZurickSavesYOU posted...
I actually thought I was helping you guys out and letting you know MS is willing to give you a refund on the content you purchased without realizing that Gearbox clearly doesn't care about you the player any longer.

I didn't realize the majority of players here were willing to accept substandard quality. Personally I feel Microsoft should keep the money, but charge Gearbox instead of me for what I bought.

For those who asked, I couldn't eve be arsed to install Hammerlocks. I played the first one, thought eh, it's ok. I started Torgues and was pretty appalled. I was waiting to see what was the general consensus on Hammerlocks was and Gearbox's future plans. After seeing Gearbox's "Teaser" for a new character I was like "Ok, that could be cool, but I still don't see why I'm being charged separately, again, for something essential to the game.

Characters ARE essential to a game. Mecromancer should have been free dlc to encourage you to purchase the Season pass, or have been included. It's like SFxT selling you 1/3rd of the roster later or if Madden tried to sell you the teams after you bought the game.

Still I was willing to buy them, but after hearing that Gearbox's focus on the next batch of DLCs, and "Season 2" before we even have seen the 4th DLC is pretty bold on their behalf. This is a lot like the same crap they just pulled with fans of Aliens like myself.

It wasn't a matter of the coin or whatnot. It was just simply principal. You sold me this, but instead I got this, so I would like you to give me my $ back.

To those I offended, my apologies. I guess it's all just a matter of perspective in the end.

and where pray tell have they stated that they are abandoning work on the current 4th DLC campaign to work on a yet unconfirmed 2nd season pass??

you decided to make a purchase of DLC prior to knowing the main details of the add ons. you went into this agreement knowing full well what you were getting. 4 campaign DLCs. by june 2013. we have received 3 so far with 1 to come. you knowingly went into this agreement to "buy them blind" so to speak because you were afforded a %25 reduction in price. that was the deal

if anyone renigged on the deal it was you. you knew exactly what you were getting and thus far 0 promises made to you have been broken.

the gaige DLC was a thank you to the fans who showed enough faith to preorder the game. it was never promised to be included in the season pass. if you didnt want to adsorb the risk of preordering the game, that was on you. the DLC for the mechro was $10 for people who didnt preorder.

show us a link that says they are moving on to other new DLC. yep. they are making a new character. nothing has been confirmed about a ew season pass though. the 4th DLC will be released by the promised deadline. if it isnt, then you have a right o complain.

all im seeing is you making a deal and then refusing to stand by it even though you have received nothing short of what you were promised
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#20capnovanPosted 3/18/2013 4:02:16 PM
ZurickSavesYOU posted...
It was just simply principal. You sold me this, but instead I got this, so I would like you to give me my $ back.

They sold you 4 story DLC and that's exactly what you'll get.

ZurickSavesYOU posted...
This is a lot like the same crap they just pulled with fans of Aliens like myself.

aaaaanndd here it is, the TRUE reason behind it all

ZurickSavesYOU posted...
hearing that Gearbox's focus on the next batch of DLCs, and "Season 2" before we even have seen the 4th DLC is pretty bold on their behalf.

Show me where gearbox is saying anything regarding a 2nd Season Pass.
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!