When would it be better for me to start the DLC?

#1GunningSoulPosted 3/18/2013 8:51:18 PM
I apologize in advance if this question has already been asked.

I'd like to have opinions, when should I start the DLC? I've played Borderlands 2 to death last year, got a commando to level 50 and did most of what was available back then. I stopped playing before the DLC came out and I have been contemplating making a new character, a mechomancer, and finally get to enjoy the expansions.

Would it be better to finish the campain first, start True Vault Hunter mode and then hop in the DLC? Or should I just get to level 20-30 and then start them? I'd just like to have scaled ennemies and loot that isnt quickly defunct as I make progress. Hopefully, I'd like to have a challenge out of the DLC, I dont want to tear through underleveled mobs and breeze through everything without getting a fight.

Again, apologies if this topic is redudant. Also, thank you for any insight.
---
The things of me? Well I am tolding you;
I have turned into very funny, ha ha ha!!
#2JimiMorrison187Posted 3/18/2013 8:55:30 PM(edited)
Beat Warrior and then play the DLC so everything will scale.

The Hammerlock DLC is actually pretty hard.
---
If you like Terraria and can't wait for Starbound check out Darkout too (Greenlight it!): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=98158224
#3calistud4evPosted 3/18/2013 9:04:58 PM
I recommend waiting and starting with a level 50 character on play through 2.5. This way all enemies will be scaled to you. The one thing to make sure you do NOT do is the following. Don't enter a DLC under level 50 unless that's the LV you want your enemies to stay at. For ex. You enter Oasis (pirates DLC) at LV37 well let's say you do a few missions then head back to the regular game. Upon re entering oasis later on you will find the enemies are still at that old lv37 when you might be LV47 or whatever. This is all predicated on what I know as of now. If there's been a patch then dismiss it. The best thing to do is save playthrough 2 dlc's until your LV50 and on PT2.5

Have fun!
---
"Now I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor bastard die for his."-G. S. P.
#4JkickitPosted 3/18/2013 9:24:40 PM
I finished the main story and doing TVHM at the moment. Once I'm done with TVHM, I'm going to do the DLC. I'd say that's the best time to get it.
---
Deal with it- http://tinyurl.com/amdcu8s FF XIII/Skyrim = 100% -- GT: Gears of Wario
Now Playing: Borderlands2/FFXIII-2/PMD Blue Rescue Team
#5JimiMorrison187Posted 3/18/2013 10:26:19 PM
The DLCs all have a bunch of Raid bosses too so there is a challenge no matter what you do. Doing them solo is a real fight. They are meant for 4-player co-op...lol
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/ripvanwallace/k3u0zo.jpg
#6ShinterLPosted 3/19/2013 5:32:41 AM
I did the main game, then the DLC in PT1, then TVHM and repeated the DLC once I got to 2.5. Having done that, I would suggest just waiting till you hit 2.5 to do the DLC's, since you will for the most part be overleveled if you try to do them in PT1, which means all the rewards are pretty useless (unless you plan on passing them down to new characters).

You could always play through some of them at the end of PT1 if trying to get some levels before TVHM, but the first 2 both start at level 30, and Hammerlock can start at 35, so that would probably be the most obvious one to do for leveling purposes.
#7Evil SquallPosted 3/19/2013 8:47:58 AM
I did the main game, then the DLC in PT1, then TVHM and repeated the DLC once I got to 2.5. Having done that, I would suggest just waiting till you hit 2.5 to do the DLC's, since you will for the most part be overleveled if you try to do them in PT1, which means all the rewards are pretty useless (unless you plan on passing them down to new characters).

You could always play through some of them at the end of PT1 if trying to get some levels before TVHM, but the first 2 both start at level 30, and Hammerlock can start at 35, so that would probably be the most obvious one to do for leveling purposes.

That. Do them at the end of Playthrough 1 (or during if you want) then save the PT2 DLC runs for later. Like if they release new levels, id say wait til you're caped out again. Thats what I do, play them on part one just to play them and let them sit in PT2.
---
Currently Playing: Borderlands 2 : Maya Lvl 50
It's not until you lose everything that you are free to do anything
#8jreed1337Posted 3/19/2013 9:29:12 AM
JimiMorrison187 posted...
The DLCs all have a bunch of Raid bosses too so there is a challenge no matter what you do. Doing them solo is a real fight. They are meant for 4-player co-op...lol

eh, i did all of sir hammerlocks solo and didn't have too much trouble. just jackelstein really, took me a while to kill that thing.
---
1+3+3=7
#9JimiMorrison187Posted 3/19/2013 9:59:00 AM
JimiMorrison187 posted...

eh, i did all of sir hammerlocks solo and didn't have too much trouble. just jackelstein really, took me a while to kill that thing.

Yeah, but you and me...we are hardcore. TC I assume is just on of those mysterious "casuals".
---
If you like Terraria and can't wait for Starbound check out Darkout too (Greenlight it!): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=98158224