Possible solution to game freezes.

#1Steve0314Posted 3/19/2013 4:51:25 PM
So my game has been freezing and I saw a few ppl on this board were having the same problem. First I thought it was the latest update. But I dug and dug. Turns out you have to use your BA points to fill out ALL of the BA skills. I have only been filling out 10/14. If you dont fill out all of your BA skills then you run the risk of game freezes. I lost my lv 3 zero due to this. Not a hard blow but it could have been significantly worse if I was playing w/ one of my lv 50s. If you are experiencing this problem here is a link to solve it.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?p=3624385

If this doesn't help I'm srry. It seems to be what my problem is and seeing as other people have similar symptoms I thought I would share my findings. Hope this helps. Cheers.
---
GT: Steve0314
#2WretchedOwlPosted 3/19/2013 4:54:46 PM
Yeah, this happened to me, and I couldn't even play online til I got my stats evened out. Ironically enough, I was playing offline in PT1 when I turned on my console to find my BA ranks got wiped for a second time, but upon filling out all my bonus stats somewhat evenly after getting my BA rank restored by Gearbox, there was no freezing whatsoever after that.
---
A lying tongue hates those it crushes, but a flattering mouth works ruin. -- GT: Wretched Owls
#3N7Spectre707Posted 3/19/2013 5:28:39 PM
I'm surprised gbx hasn't fixed this yet.

Does disabling the BAR upgrades prevent freezing temporarily?
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#4JustinTheJaggedPosted 3/19/2013 5:38:35 PM
I'll have to try that out. I'm only missing critical damage, so that should be easy enough to fix.
---
Gamer for life, 31 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.
#5N7Spectre707Posted 3/19/2013 5:47:42 PM
Also I highly, highly, highly suggest you back up your character saves to flash drive on a fairly regular basis.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#6Steve0314(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 6:43:29 PM
Just bumping for people to see.
---
#7capnovanPosted 3/19/2013 6:52:15 PM
N7Spectre707 posted...
Also I highly, highly, highly suggest you back up your character saves to flash drive on a fairly regular basis.

this. I've played too many Bethesda games. That has got me into the habit of back ups.
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#8sailormacrossPosted 3/19/2013 7:46:01 PM
hi my bl 2 game freezes at the begining of disc before selection and freezes up at map loading screen. have np with anything else. i do make backup saves
---
anime and jpop and pretty japanese girls fan ::::::::::::::::::::perhaps there was an age where people dreamed of the possibilites of outer space (gundam wing)
#9Steve0314(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2013 9:34:46 PM
sailormacross posted...
hi my bl 2 game freezes at the begining of disc before selection and freezes up at map loading screen. have np with anything else. i do make backup saves

From what I've researched that's a different problem. Its been plaguing players since the beginning of the pirate DLC I believe. Some people dont even have that DLC which means its in the compatibility pack i would think. They have released numerous patches trying to fix that bug with hit and miss results. My advice would be to go to here:
http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/anonymous_requests/new
and write your problem. See if they can help you directly. There is also a ton of people who are experiencing the same problem as you. Some have found fixes. Here is the link to the forum but just FYI its about 300pgs and a lot of arguing.
http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=150907
I wouldn't post it on Randy P.'s Twitter account. Apparently anyone who posts about that particular bug gets called an "Idiot Troll" by Pitchford himself. IDK if tha'ts true but that seems to be what the topic is about around pg 250. [IDK the exact pgs but it was pretty far in there]
---
#10sailormacrossPosted 3/20/2013 4:28:10 AM
Steve0314 posted...
sailormacross posted...

From what I've researched that's a different problem. Its been plaguing players since the beginning of the pirate DLC I believe. Some people dont even have that DLC which means its in the compatibility pack i would think. They have released numerous patches trying to fix that bug with hit and miss results. My advice would be to go to here:
http://support.gearboxsoftware.com/anonymous_requests/new
and write your problem. See if they can help you directly. There is also a ton of people who are experiencing the same problem as you. Some have found fixes. Here is the link to the forum but just FYI its about 300pgs and a lot of arguing.
http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=150907
I wouldn't post it on Randy P.'s Twitter account. Apparently anyone who posts about that particular bug gets called an "Idiot Troll" by Pitchford himself. IDK if tha'ts true but that seems to be what the topic is about around pg 250. [IDK the exact pgs but it was pretty far in there]

thank you very much. rare to find helpful and kind replys
---
anime and jpop and pretty japanese girls fan ::::::::::::::::::::perhaps there was an age where people dreamed of the possibilites of outer space (gundam wing)