Why are people so in love with the Infinity?

#1gunsndrosesPosted 3/19/2013 4:32:42 PM
I mean, I have 5 of them now. 4 through farming, 1 through trading.

I've studied their statistics very carefully. I've looked at videos online of people's Infinities, and examined their stats. Mine aren't poor quality. Sure, some can have some pretty good fire rates, but the lemniscate firing pattern deters accuracy, and the damage isn't all that spectacular.

I don't understand their allure. Just because they shoot forever? Seems lame, to me, on anybody but a Keep Firing Gunzerker- and even then, that isn't as powerful as some (most) of Sal's other builds.

So why is everybody so eager to have them? Why are they so commonly revered?

Other pistols come to mind that I find to be infinitely (pun, I know) more satisfying. The Unkempt Harold is without a doubt my favorite gun in the game; the Hornet is insanely powerful; and the Maggie will be amazing once the multipellet glitch is patched.

Idk. Explain to me why they're so loved.. They don't seem like they are worth the effort needed to farm them.
---
My name is Ozymandias, king of kings.
#2JustinTheJaggedPosted 3/19/2013 4:35:30 PM
I find I only really like the shock one as an off hand for Salvador and a back up weapon for Gaige. That might change if I ever found a slag one with a blade, but I doubt those even exist.
---
Gamer for life, 31 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.
#3nilla151Posted 3/19/2013 4:38:16 PM
no slag infinities dont exist. not legitimately anyway

the allure is the simple fact that it has infinite ammo and does a good respectable amount of damage nothing less nothing more.
---
I got 3 bad touches before I got my first good touch. I haven't gotten a single bad touch since and I spent 2 hours trying for one tonight.
#4Wallcrawler8878Posted 3/19/2013 4:41:44 PM
I find them useful if Im wielding a weapon that consumes a high amount of ammo per shot on my pistol build zerker.

Unkempt Harold consumes 6 ammo per shot, Binary Thunderball and Evie consume 4, so its nice to keep up some steady offense in the offhand for free, while reaping the bonuses from my Sheriff's Badge, Divergent Likeness, and I'm Your Huckleberry. (+67% damage dual pistols)
#5capnovanPosted 3/19/2013 4:45:15 PM
Never. Stop. Firing.
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#6xXBossfight69XxPosted 3/19/2013 4:47:27 PM
I find then useful when soloing certain boss no reloading so you can constantly be doing damage.
#7JimiMorrison187Posted 3/19/2013 4:50:08 PM
It is very rare I run out of ammo, but I suppose it would come in useful if I did. With the Bee I'd imagine that never having to reload would be a pretty good perk from it even if the damage isn't that high. DPS is probably very close to something else whyou have to reload.
---
DARE you not to laugh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6PCXF2NfMg
#8Epic_McDudePosted 3/19/2013 5:08:36 PM
Didactically speaking, seminal evidence seems to explicate the fact that your repudiation of entropy supports my theory of space-time synthesis. Of this, I am irrefutably confident.
---
"Fight for them, then, and die for their sins!" -Dracula, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night
#9VeritasAbIratoPosted 3/19/2013 5:18:47 PM
I like it for farming with zero with the deputys badge, I think that's the pistol one, and then the skill where the first bullet in the clip has a good damage bonus then whatever other boosters, it's like a chainsaw of lead and your chosen element. That's really only when I'm in a hurry though and just doing run after run. It removes alot of the challenge imo. Its fun shredding the hell out of anything though.
#10DarkDemon373Posted 3/19/2013 5:31:55 PM
Infinity + Evil Smasher glitch

Don't have to re-initiate the glitch and it is broken. The smasher is fairly easy to obtain (if you still have the quest open). The pistol is harder to farm for.
---
PKMN BLK2: 0175-9152-2318