Gearbox hides their Bad Graphics with CellShading. Compared DukeNuke or Aliens

#1The_Big_DeekPosted 3/20/2013 10:56:24 AM
so i bought a Gearbox game Borderlands. i wondered why the graphics looked cartoony instead of Realistic.

then i bought another Gearbox game, Duke Nuke, the graphics looked like 1st Gen Xbox 1 Graphics.

then i bought another Gearbox game, Borderlands 2 and i wondered again why do the graphics look cartoony and not Realistic like most other FPS games.

then i bought another Gearbox game, Aliens Colonial Marines where the graphics looked liked 1st Gen Xbox 1 Graphics.

i then realized why Gearbox doesnt make a FPS game with realistic graphics. they CANT. they tried Twice with Duke and Aliens but the graphics in those games were terrible. so Gearbox said ok lets go back to Cell Shading for Borderlands 2 to hide the bad graphics.

i guarantee you 100 bucks that if Borderlands 1 or 2 had realistic graphics instead of cell shading they both wouldve bombed in sales like Duke or Aliens did.

thats my correct opinion. thanks 4 reading.
---
COD4 >>>>>> BO1 > BO2 >>>>> MW3 >> MW2 > COD3 > WAW > COD2 > COD1
#2jreed1337Posted 3/20/2013 10:58:08 AM
The_Big_Deek posted...
s
then i bought another Gearbox game, Borderlands 2 and i wondered again why do the graphics look cartoony and not Realistic like most other FPS games.

thats my correct opinion. thanks 4 reading.

lol. gotta get that cookie cutter feel eh?
---
1+3+3=7
#3KellyRipyaPosted 3/20/2013 11:01:41 AM
Well Gearbox themselves realized that which is why they overhauled the graphics in the first place.

I doubt the game they originally had in mind would have gotten anywhere the same amount of attention and praise: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WSvTqfmv3DE
---
I love what I destroy and destroy the thing I love
GT: Althea N Hell
#4killbot357Posted 3/20/2013 11:02:56 AM(edited)
lol @ good graphics = realistic graphics
Go back and play an FPS with 'realistic graphics' released two years ago and tell me how good the graphics are by today's realistic graphics standards.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Etrian Odyssey IV, Borderlands 2
#5fredbeatswilmaPosted 3/20/2013 11:04:20 AM
Well this was the original beta for the 2nd game but they decided to overhaul it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FznJwBlGGOk
---
uh huh, herbal derbally berbil urbil
#6The_Big_Deek(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 11:05:23 AM
killbot357 posted...
Go back and play an FPS with 'realistic graphics' released two years ago and tell me how good the graphics are by today's realistic graphics standards.

i am playing a realistic graphic FPS.

i am now playing Aliens Colonial Marines which looks like it has 4 year old graphics. guess who made it. GEARBOX.

why dont you say thanks to them for the obaminations of Duke Nukem or Aliens which they developed. or are those the games Gearbox wants to forget ever existed.
---
COD4 >>>>>> BO1 > BO2 >>>>> MW3 >> MW2 > COD3 > WAW > COD2 > COD1
#7killbot357Posted 3/20/2013 11:07:26 AM
The_Big_Deek posted...
killbot357 posted...

i am playing a realistic graphic FPS.

i am now playing Aliens Colonial Marines which looks like it has 4 year old graphics. guess who made it. GEARBOX.

why dont you say thanks to them for the obaminations of Duke Nukem or Aliens which they developed. or are those the games Gearbox wants to forget ever existed.

I didn't play Aliens or Duke Nukem because they looked like boring FPS games to me.

I dunno, I don't really care much about graphics. I'm more interested in good gameplay or interesting games, like Borderlands.

Looking at your signature, I can see you don't care much about gameplay or interesting games.
---
#8N7Spectre707Posted 3/20/2013 11:08:05 AM
I like cel shaded graphics. It's pretty much always easy on the eyes. Even "realistic" games show their age over time, but I can play cel shaded games even from ps2 era and never get bothered by the graphics.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#9MechOf17thPosted 3/20/2013 11:10:09 AM
If you want "realistic graphics" stop posting on gamefaqs and enjoy life outside your parents basement, basement dweller.
---
Bow down and kiss the ring.
#10killbot357Posted 3/20/2013 11:10:10 AM
N7Spectre707 posted...
I like cel shaded graphics. It's pretty much always easy on the eyes. Even "realistic" games show their age over time, but I can play cel shaded games even from ps2 era and never get bothered by the graphics.

This is exactly my point. It's why The Wind Waker still looks great, and Twilight Princess looked like crap when it was released.
---