Im not getting all the hatred for duping.

#1Wallcrawler8878Posted 3/20/2013 7:03:38 PM
You so much as mention this word in the GBX forums, you get every elitist coming out of the woodwork to crawl up your ass and call you a cheater.

I would think that GBX would be encouraging the community to help one another out, to be able to enjoy all aspects of their game. instead it seems they prefer we bash our heads against the wall repeating the same task over and over and over with nothing to show for it.

I just dont get it. How does everyone having Legendaries hurt the game? Its not like its some MMORPG where millions of players can interact with one another throughout the entire game world.

Ive heard the argument that if people had all the legendaries nobody would have any reason to play the game anymore. Thats pretty stupid in my opinion. I play Borderlands because to quote Sal "SHOOTING THINGS IS FUUUUN!!".

That being said, I get pretty effin tired of shooting the same thing over and over for six hours trying to get a new gun to shoot something with, and I dont get it because someone at Gearbox believes Ill quit playing their game if I get it.

Thats the dumbest thing Ive ever heard of.

Ill trade my stuff if someone wants to out of fear theyre being set up by the elitist group they got going on over there on the GBX forums where you have to sign a post swearing fealty to the leader and promise that your gameplay will be "pure". Hell, its ALL duped anyway. I dont know anyone with half a brain cell that hasnt backed up their character files.

Do they really think that we as players would risk our in-game items with people we dont know without backing them up?
#2xboxBUNZILLAPosted 3/20/2013 7:17:25 PM
Don't worry they'll all come out now...
---
KaBoom1322 Posted 2/26/2013 12:56:24 PM
My BAR is only 20k :( ..
#3Azrael0206Posted 3/20/2013 7:19:33 PM
xboxBUNZILLA posted...
Don't worry they'll all come out now...

---
Assistant Manager at Foveroula and Acid's Pawn Shop
Pokemon Black FC: 2709 5858 9913
#4brawl4funPosted 3/20/2013 7:20:45 PM
BEGONE DEMON!!!!....

Like that?
---
GT: PeskyBurrito2 Honk Honk!
PS4---> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JWxJODNPwA
#5Wallcrawler8878(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 7:22:18 PM
Probably, and I dont mean for this to come off as a troll topic. What I mean is that Im far more likely to play the game more if Im constantly getting new guns, than if Im just spinning my wheels getting nothing.

One of the members here dropped me a Twister shotty today, and my wife is literally about to become violent with me because Ive done nothing but blast through every area I could think of with my new toy.

This is why I play the game, not to sit and repeat something a thousand times for nothing. I get that there needs to be some sense of accomplishment, but come on.
#6WretchedOwlPosted 3/20/2013 7:31:55 PM
I agree with you on this, but I think their mindset is a huge hatred for gamers with the idea of "false entitlement" thats being thrown around a lot on these boards.

Like players that jump into games and just ask for random guns without having to work for it themselves. That being said, there's a huge difference between beggars and people getting duped weapons that they don't feel like farming themselves.

I've had kids jumping into my lobby asking for weapon after weapon, and that gets really really annoying. Not everyone's like that, but they're usually categorized as such, and I think thats where all the hatred for duping comes in.

Personally, I don't care either way. I'll come into your lobby, drop my entire inventory and dashboard if you want me to. I want you to have just as much fun blowing s*** up as I do, and as I always say, there's nothing wrong with sharing the love, as long as its appreciated and returned if possible. Big stress on 'if possible' in my case because the guns I'm willing to get duped for me and use are very... specific.
---
A lying tongue hates those it crushes, but a flattering mouth works ruin. -- GT: Wretched Owls
#7KellyRipyaPosted 3/20/2013 7:32:01 PM
I love it, there have many great people here spreading the wealth so that players whose luck may not have been that good get to experience all the game has to offer. Plus most people have already beaten the game many times over, are capped at 50 on all their characters so it's just a fun way to spend the interim trying out some new weapons before the level increase/new DLC.
---
I love what I destroy and destroy the thing I love
GT: Althea N Hell
#8killbot357Posted 3/20/2013 7:35:13 PM
I don't really care about cheating or duping. What I find annoying is people coming to the board and posting:

"need all legendaries level 50 dupped no reward"

And making new topics requesting a dupe for an item that was just requested 10 minutes ago in an identical thread. Mostly it's just annoying to see people asking for all the rarest equipment or power leveling without offering anything in return.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Etrian Odyssey IV, Borderlands 2
#9WretchedOwlPosted 3/20/2013 7:39:54 PM
killbot357 posted...
I don't really care about cheating or duping. What I find annoying is people coming to the board and posting:

"need all legendaries level 50 dupped no reward"

And making new topics requesting a dupe for an item that was just requested 10 minutes ago in an identical thread. Mostly it's just annoying to see people asking for all the rarest equipment or power leveling without offering anything in return.

LF all element infinites duped. PLZZZZZZZ.

Yes, this kind of thing does come off as bothersome. Which like I mentioned before, gives anyone who dupes/wants a weapon duped a bad name because of inconsiderate beggars.
---
A lying tongue hates those it crushes, but a flattering mouth works ruin. -- GT: Wretched Owls
#10HOODFLYPosted 3/20/2013 9:06:39 PM
I was asking to trade /dupe but i gave back
---
In the land of the blind a man with one eye is the king