Well that was Awesome...

#1ResidentGertsPosted 3/20/2013 7:54:25 PM
So my game froze while loading my gunzerker. Then I turned my xbox off and on. As you may have guessed by now, my main character was gone. I have lost most of my oranges, and my best character, which I happen have only a couple hundred of hours into.

This sucks, guess I'm done with this game for now...unless someone has some suggestions, which I doubt.

In b4 back up your saves (I know I'm an Idiot).
#2KellyRipyaPosted 3/20/2013 7:58:55 PM
Sorry for your loss, no judgment here
---
I love what I destroy and destroy the thing I love
GT: Althea N Hell
#3phillyALLDAYPosted 3/20/2013 7:59:58 PM
Although I do feel your pain, and I get why you someone would feel disheartened after losing so much progress and loot, I would actually look forward to starting over from scratch and finding it all over again!

Then again that mindset applies less to this type of game than it does towards for traditional RPGs.
---
"I'm all for laughing at death, but only when he can't hear or see me doing it."
#4ResidentGerts(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 8:03:59 PM
phillyALLDAY posted...
Although I do feel your pain, and I get why you someone would feel disheartened after losing so much progress and loot, I would actually look forward to starting over from scratch and finding it all over again!

Then again that mindset applies less to this type of game than it does towards for traditional RPGs.

I did a lot of farming, and after just counting I lost 21 level 49-50 oranges plus other good uniques.
#5xHuckleberryPosted 3/20/2013 8:05:11 PM
Try to find someone willing to run the game with you. Take this time to make a new char so atleast its a semi-different experience as well. The guns can always be found again, or im sure you can easily find someone to dupe for you.

Ive lost a few saves myself so i know how it is. Ive also pretty much farm-grinded raid bosses while leveling up 2 of each class/character or i would help you myself.

In fact i still might, hell i duno.
#6N7Spectre707Posted 3/20/2013 8:25:45 PM
I can't stress this advice enough.

Get a USB flash drive. Regularly back up your saves. This won't help you now, but it can prevent this from happening to you again in the future. If one of my save files corrupted I would have two backups to fall back on. I do this in most games I play. You can never be too cautious when it comes to your game saves.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#7MGunzCPosted 3/20/2013 8:45:15 PM
Also, you could create some Mules and give copies of your really good stuff to them. That way at least your items would be protected.
#8ResidentGerts(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2013 8:56:40 PM
MGunzC posted...
Also, you could create some Mules and give copies of your really good stuff to them. That way at least your items would be protected.

Funny part is I was in process of starting to do that, but I had only really moved the oranges that I don't use. Right now I'm fairly busy with work and stuff, so when I had an hour or so to play I would actually play the game as opposed to backing things up.

Oh well, I'm guessing these oranges would have been obsolete with the level cap increase, so I guess that softens the blow a little. Lesson learned, I'll move on. Thanks for the sympathy.
#9MGunzCPosted 3/20/2013 9:19:00 PM
Now you finally get to use that Flakker you've been storing! Yay!
#10JkickitPosted 3/21/2013 1:47:02 AM
I know that feel TC, happened to me in Gears of War 3.

I have to say, it isn't all that bad. Find some people here or on the gearbox site to go through the story with you again. I'm sure you'll also find people on here and on the gearbox site who'll dupe/donate some guns to you. (Though farming for a few won't hurt).
---
Deal with it- http://tinyurl.com/amdcu8s FF XIII/Skyrim = 100% -- GT: Gears of Wario
Now Playing: Borderlands2/FFXIII-2/PMD Blue Rescue Team