I'm getting bored of using melee with Zer0.

#11Wallcrawler8878Posted 3/22/2013 2:35:43 AM
Kpt_Kapowski posted...
Wallcrawler8878 posted...
Maybe Im missing something, but the Skullmasher seems kinda junky to me.

I have the Chikamin variant, something like 9300 or so X5, but then they smack you with that lovely -66% damage stat, and what was once a pretty awesome damage stat becomes pretty average.

Over longer distances, which is naturally what a sniper rifle should be, it gets worse still because the pellets spread out, and not all of them hit your target.

I found myself running out of ammo a lot with this rifle, and not getting a lot of kills.

Id be happy to trade it to you if you get tired of farming SoM, and Pete for it, as it pretty much just sits in my bank as more of a trophy than an actual tool.

the -66% damage is already factored in.

As for Jakobs only, its waaaayyy fun. a relic helps alot with recoil and accuracy recovery, or mag size if you prefer that. I used a Skookum Muckamuck, a Two Fer or Trick Shot Maggie, a Docs or Rustlers Striker, and a Hammer Buster. Good times were had. I suppose you could substitute a good Coach Gun, Quad, or Twister for the Striker, and the Skully you want for the Muckamuck.

When I rolled this build, I just stuck with my Deadly Sniper com.
'''

Are you sure on the 66%? It really doesnt feel like its doing the 45k base it should be if all the pellets hit. It feels like its doing the damage of all my other non elemental rifles that do about 20-22k.

Maybe its just my suckage at using it.
#12The_Hungry_One(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 2:38:08 AM
The -66% damage is already factored in, which is why the damage is what it is. Otherwise, it would be insane and a stupidly overpowered gun.
---
Long days and pleasant nights.
#13Wallcrawler8878Posted 3/22/2013 2:43:14 AM
The_Hungry_One posted...
I'm liking the thought of an all-Jakobs build. I have a Straight Shootin' Maggie, but I think the Two Fer is definitely worth getting. I want the Skullmasher, but damn is SoM annoying. Gearbox screwed us over when it comes to the WEP; running to SoM (even from the Annex) is annoying, only to find that his loot flies out of bounds when you kill him.

What's so good about the Striker, and where would I get one from, and what about the Hammer Buster? Are there any other worthwhile guns from Jakobs? It doesn't necessarily need to be a Legendary.

Man, just let me drop you that Masher. I honestly do not use it. Ive tried, and its just not working out for me.

I also have the Barbed Striker. Its got pretty nasty damage on it, the melee damage boost, and if youve put any points into Zero's ability to reload faster, the constant need to reload after 2 shots really isnt bad because he does it so quickly. Its not a gun I use regularly, but if someone were theming a Jakobs build, its definately one of the shotties Id suggest.
#14Kpt_KapowskiPosted 3/22/2013 4:04:41 AM
The_Hungry_One posted...
I'm liking the thought of an all-Jakobs build. I have a Straight Shootin' Maggie, but I think the Two Fer is definitely worth getting. I want the Skullmasher, but damn is SoM annoying. Gearbox screwed us over when it comes to the WEP; running to SoM (even from the Annex) is annoying, only to find that his loot flies out of bounds when you kill him.

What's so good about the Striker, and where would I get one from, and what about the Hammer Buster? Are there any other worthwhile guns from Jakobs? It doesn't necessarily need to be a Legendary.

Old Slappy drops the Striker, and McNally drops the Hammer Buster.

The Striker is inherently accurate, and it has a built in 70ish % crit boost. A Docs will have 130ish % crit boost. Pretty much the best shotty for precision killin'.

I like the Hawk Eye as well, although the large zoom can be annoying at close range. The Rex and Elephant Gun can also be really useful, as iirc neither has an ADS movement speed penalty. If you can find a Gatling Gun with decent parts, they can be really good as well.
---
Borderlands 2 BAR: 79138
#15The_Hungry_One(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 4:51:10 AM
Wallcrawler8878 posted...
Man, just let me drop you that Masher. I honestly do not use it. Ive tried, and its just not working out for me.

I also have the Barbed Striker. Its got pretty nasty damage on it, the melee damage boost, and if youve put any points into Zero's ability to reload faster, the constant need to reload after 2 shots really isnt bad because he does it so quickly. Its not a gun I use regularly, but if someone were theming a Jakobs build, its definately one of the shotties Id suggest.

I may take you up on that offer, but I don't want it for free. SoM seems like a pain in the ass to farm, and not all that fun to reach, either. I'll hunt Slappy for the Striker, but where do I find McNally?

Also, Kapowski, where can I get the Hawk Eye, out of curiosity?
---
#16Kpt_KapowskiPosted 3/22/2013 5:15:08 AM
McNally is in the Dust, in the valley adjacent to the Hodunk Speedway. You can get the Hawk Eye from the seraph vendor in dlc3.
---
Borderlands 2 BAR: 79138
#17Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/22/2013 5:35:20 AM(edited)
be forewarned with mcnally and the buster.

his drop rate on TVHM is brutal. akin to doc mercy.

your best bet for a level 50 hammer buster is pyro pete id say. ive gotten a few from him.

also, i really love the striker. works great for high crit builds. i need to farm myself a docs at some point.
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#18Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/22/2013 5:37:43 AM
The_Hungry_One posted...
So I'm thinking about going back to the original build I had before, where I went down to B0re on the Sniper tree and down to Death Bl0ss0m on the Cunning tree. However, I like my Legendary Hunter COM, and I feel that the Cunning/Sniper hybrid doesn't really benefit from this COM as much as Cunning/Bloodshed.

Despite this, I'm still bored of using melee and want to put out a higher consistent DPS and still put out impressive burst damage that Zer0 is known for. To date, the highest damage I've dealt is a nifty 10972K using Captain Blade's Rapier and a 30% strength relic. With me melee build though, my DPS isn't that good, and despite massive damage like this happening from time to time, it doesn't make up for the low DPS, I feel.

Also, my current melee build is mostly useful when the target has <25% health remaining and that's when the big numbers come in, but despite that, I want a change. I remember having alot of fun using B0re and a fast firing Hyperion shotgun against Terramorphous and especially BNK-3R where B0re tends to annihilate BNK-3R in a matter of moments. My main issue is finding a good COM. I'm not too bothered about not using my Legendary Hunter COM, but the build is going to be about killing the standard foes and bosses (including the harder "raid" bosses), and putting out consistently high DPS with even higher burst damage thanks to Decepti0n.

I'm asking for advice on COMs and opinions on what skills to take. Thanks for reading this stupidly long post.. I seem to be making a habit of this..

quoted directly from the sniper build thread since wretchedowl asked for it. figured since you wanted to see what others were running.

i use this build ATM

http://talent.87bazillion.com/2/assassin.php?505051300051505103510000000000

you can switch OSOK and velocity if you like, but i use my infinity and snipe/reload frequently, so i get a lot out of the OSOK buff

my build is based around sniping when i have a chance and pistols at mid/short range

i use a blue disturbed stalker COM that adds +26% pistol fire rate +33% pistol mag size and +33% it also adds +6 to rising shot and +5 to counter strike

that is why i have 1 point in CS. the COM gives a total of 6 so its wirth the point. since i carry a slag evis rubi, i can do some very solid melee damage when i get an opportunity.

the purple distrubed stalker gives a bonus to follow through which isnt possible to add to the build, the blue is superior in every way.

i also use a sheriffs badge so my base infinity fire rate is around 180% without any other buffs. with OSOK, it tears things apart.

i like the evolution shield for good survivability

my normal gear loadout is a few sniper. i almost always carry my skookum muckamuck, and my shock skorry white death

i always carry my infinity. i love standard anarchists as well, but they dont get the constant OSOK bonus

i always have my evisceration slag rubi equipped. works well with buffed counterstrike, even on a non melee build, gives me a slag gun, and gives me instant full health when i use death blossom with it equipped.

the 4th spot it whatever i feel like at the time. it is often a harold, a b**** SMG, a striker shotgun, or a rocket launcher. doesnt matter. whatever you like or need at the time.

this build is a ton of fun to play. works well sniping. and rips enemies apart at close/mid range.

also works well for raid bosses. ive soloed terra, pete, gee, hyperious and vora with this build. never tried dexidous.

i havnt ever gotten verm to spawn solo with this character, so i cant comment there (kinda a moot point given the difficulty in getting verm to spawn solo anyways)
---
#19The_Hungry_One(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 9:08:07 AM
I've just had a look at your build, Argyle, and it's extremely similar to my own. I don't have that one point in C0unter Strike, and instead of having points in Tw0 Fang, I put those five points into Ambush. I also have a full five points in Innervate. On the Sniper tree, I have currently have five points in Precisi0n, but I wonder if perhaps it would be better to put those into Killer. Even against Terramorphous, that Killer skill can probably come into use after destroying a tentacle.

I may not go for that Hammer Buster. I don't fancy pitting my luck against such terrible odds, as I don't have much luck in the grand scheme of things. If I go for the Striker, what is generally a good prefix for it?

What's funny is that I did actually find the Hammer Buster in the Treasure Chamber, but literally got rid of it a couple of days ago. I suppose I did so because of that "wheel mag" it has.
---
#20Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/22/2013 9:32:36 AM
The_Hungry_One posted...
I've just had a look at your build, Argyle, and it's extremely similar to my own. I don't have that one point in C0unter Strike, and instead of having points in Tw0 Fang, I put those five points into Ambush. I also have a full five points in Innervate. On the Sniper tree, I have currently have five points in Precisi0n, but I wonder if perhaps it would be better to put those into Killer. Even against Terramorphous, that Killer skill can probably come into use after destroying a tentacle.

I may not go for that Hammer Buster. I don't fancy pitting my luck against such terrible odds, as I don't have much luck in the grand scheme of things. If I go for the Striker, what is generally a good prefix for it?

What's funny is that I did actually find the Hammer Buster in the Treasure Chamber, but literally got rid of it a couple of days ago. I suppose I did so because of that "wheel mag" it has.

a few differences here and there, but the general concept is pretty much the same.

killer isnt amazing for raid bosses just based on the fact that there arent always trash mobs available to activate it.

should work fine for terra, and gets some limited use against pete. overall, i dont feel that optics and precision do all that much TBH, but its your call. i often put 3 in killer and 1 in each of those. depends on my mood or what im doing

ambush can be nice if playing with other people, but i like 2 fang personally just because i like putting out a lot of rounds in short order. it can be annoying when it happens on a sniper or rocket launcher.

fun fun build though. i tried melee, and while effective, it just wasnt for me. ive loved this build since i started using it though. lots of fun and very versatile
---