My turret beat the campaign before I did

#1CrazycatdudePosted 3/21/2013 11:31:36 AM
So my first borderlands 2 play through came to an end yesterday. I decided to give the commando a try since I never played the soldier in Borderlands 1. I have to say though, it felt like a hollow victory, just standing there armed to the teeth with some pretty awesome blues and purples, watching my turret "wreck face". I'm now giving the new siren a shot and it's much more satisfying. I feel like I'm more involved rather than watching my pet kill everything.
#2KellyRipyaPosted 3/21/2013 11:41:54 AM
That's why you should really only use the Turret/(Or DT with Gaige) in only the rare cases when you're completely overwhelmed in a mob of people or your shields are down and you're headed for FFYL. Anything else and it really does make the game boring and any battles won a pyrrhic victory .
---
I love what I destroy and destroy the thing I love
GT: Althea N Hell
#3Crazycatdude(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 11:45:16 AM
Good point, I never really thought of that. That's probably what I'll do whenever I get the chance to give the Mechromancer a try.
#4CoolBeansAvlPosted 3/21/2013 11:46:06 AM
Conversely, my first two playthroughs were with Zer0 and Maya, so when I made a Commando, I was so glad to have the turret to f*** s*** up and take the heat off me.
---
http://i.imgur.com/98y63.jpg http://i.imgur.com/yOcp8.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/wdX6S.jpg
#5fredbeatswilmaPosted 3/21/2013 11:47:08 AM
Crazycatdude posted...
Good point, I never really thought of that. That's probably what I'll do whenever I get the chance to give the Mechromancer a try.

If you are going to give the mechro a shot and don't want deathtrap destroying everything avoid the bff tree.
---
uh huh, herbal derbally berbil urbil
#6The_Hungry_OnePosted 3/21/2013 11:50:14 AM
I really want to use the Commando, but I cannot stand the thought of that stupid backpack. If Axton did not have that stupid backpack, he'd be a cool looking guy. I have the Shadaloo head too, and it makes Axton look like M. Bison (especially when in Red Fraction), but that stupid backpack...

Did I mention I don't like that stupid backpack?
---
Long days and pleasant nights.
#7KellyRipyaPosted 3/21/2013 11:51:02 AM
Yes, with Mechro just concentrate on the second and third tree. You'll be an Anarchy-stacking, Shock machine and will only be using DeathTrap to aggro in mobs of people or when you need respite to heal. But you won't feel the need to use it much though because you'll be so dangerous all on your own.
---
I love what I destroy and destroy the thing I love
GT: Althea N Hell
#8capnovanPosted 3/21/2013 11:59:12 AM
Deathtrap is even worse than the Turret. My first Mechro build was buff up DT as much as possible. And it was boring (for me).
Changed her build, focusing more on her shock/elemental buffs with anarchy. Much more fun to play.
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#9PDXRoverMechPosted 3/21/2013 12:10:42 PM
i always forget to use my turret. i'm a lvl 21 or so and i think i've used it twice.
#10Crazycatdude(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 12:32:10 PM
Yeah I kinda only want Deathtrap as a tank so I can hang back and get some sweet headshots in. I like sniping in this game since it's actually challenging.