Maggie; A decent gun to use?

#1BreezyBriiPosted 3/21/2013 1:58:40 PM
I have two dastardly Maggie's. one for my Mechro, one for my siren. I then proceeded to give them the sheriff's badge, since all my other relics boost up elements.
I noticed then the Maggie hasn't been doing as much damage as I would expect it to do. Even with my bee shield, it takes awhile to cut through enemies. I was wondering if I was doing anything wrong? I mean, the gun itself, I really like, but I'd just wish it helped me kill things faster.
---
GT : MiZZ nErDiE
#2Wallcrawler8878Posted 3/21/2013 2:02:33 PM
It used to be awesome when every pelled received the full bee shield amp damage. Now the amp damage is divided across all the pellets, so now the guns arent as great.

Youre better off snagging a double penetrating Unkempt Harold. That gun is beast without the bee shield.
#3BreezyBrii(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 2:04:17 PM
Urgh. I dislike torgue though.
---
GT : MiZZ nErDiE
#4Violent_ShadowPosted 3/21/2013 2:19:21 PM
You just need to use one.. i promise, you won't go back lol
---
"Beautiful lies beget ugly truths."
#5tony8669Posted 3/21/2013 2:23:58 PM
It's ok for a pistol. And if you can get a Two-fer Maggie, even better.

Basically Maggie is a pistol version of a shotgun, and shotguns are great.

The only two pistols I care for are Infinity and Maggie.
#6Redrum0351Posted 3/21/2013 2:25:45 PM
Two fer Iron is pretty bad ass!!!
---
GT: REdrUM0351
#7Violent_ShadowPosted 3/21/2013 2:44:59 PM
Redrum0351 posted...
Two fer Iron is pretty bad ass!!!

This, i got one of these from Warrior a while back, insane damage @15k x2
---
"Beautiful lies beget ugly truths."
#8MegaPainKingPosted 3/22/2013 1:53:46 AM
Maggie is currently bugged, but a purple iron does about same damage Maggie used to do but without the multiple pellets
---
GT Mega Pain King
#9Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/22/2013 5:13:10 AM
MegaPainKing posted...
Maggie is currently bugged, but a purple iron does about same damage Maggie used to do but without the multiple pellets

the bug hwe is a talking about is a problem with all multi pellet weapons. damage bonuses are not being properly applied to each pellet anymore, so the bonus from the sheriffs badge is gimped ATM.

hopefully this will get fixed on consoles with the next big patch (it apparently cannot be fixed using the hotfix feature). its fixed on PC, so you have to hope that consoles will get it as soon as we get a large patch
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#10demonwithinPosted 3/22/2013 7:29:21 AM
I was under the impression that having any +% to damage on multi-projectile guns divided amongst all projectiles is how it was intended to work. Then, I found out that PC had the bee shield 'fix' and had since gone back to how it was working when the game released.

The whole thing leaves me very confused.
---
"You think I'm Vicious?! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT VICIOUS IS!!!!!!!!" Spike Spiegel