The big door in the Fridge?

#1Kitda9Posted 3/21/2013 3:59:47 PM
You know the big double door in the fridge that opens to an area with the loot box protected by an electrical fence that you can disable by looking for 4-5 fuse boxes? Its not open, and I could have sworn it should have been open by now. How do I open it?

Just to let you guys know, its my first time in the Fridge after Sanctuary is teleported away and I might have known how the door opened before but I haven't played the game since last year (just started playing again and wanted to level up my Gaige)
---
"I reject your reality and substitute my own." Adam Savage of Mythbusters
#2HappyGoNowherePosted 3/21/2013 4:05:50 PM
You have to start the mission for Scooter where you go after Shorty. It caught me out the second time through as well.
#3fakesnoop77Posted 3/21/2013 4:06:40 PM
It'll open the second time you visit the fridge. There is a mission to free Shorty IIRC and the door will open up
---
Fitter, happier, more productive, like a pig in a cage on antibiotics
#4RaptorkittyPosted 3/21/2013 4:38:05 PM
It opens during the mission with Shorty.

Though don't ask me how to open the door with the frozen rat. No clue on the one.
---
GT: KittyKitty13 Playing: Borderlands 2
Official Dual GSoA on the Dark Souls board
#5tony8669Posted 3/21/2013 5:19:41 PM
Raptorkitty posted...

Though don't ask me how to open the door with the frozen rat. No clue on the one.

Shoot the ice sculpture, which activates the checkpoint. Then die and respawn there.

I believe that's a challenge for the map.
#6RaptorkittyPosted 3/21/2013 5:44:01 PM
tony8669 posted...
Raptorkitty posted...

Shoot the ice sculpture, which activates the checkpoint. Then die and respawn there.

I believe that's a challenge for the map.

Why did I never think of that. -_-

And it is a challenge.
---
GT: KittyKitty13 Playing: Borderlands 2
Official Dual GSoA on the Dark Souls board
#7ShinterLPosted 3/21/2013 5:47:45 PM
For that challenge, it is possible to destroy the frozen rat with a grenade instead of killing yourself. I think a bouncing betty is your best bet.

Although there is a chest in there I think, so respawning in there isn't a horrible plan.