Are decent Vladof assault rifles rare?

#1CrazycatdudePosted 3/22/2013 7:39:00 AM
I've only ever gotten a "blue" Vladof twice. Which is sad because they're my favorite AR since they have a high rate of fire and decent accuracy. The only ones I ever find are whites or the occasional green, but even the greens are relatively rare.
#2JkickitPosted 3/22/2013 8:07:40 AM
ARs sadly, aren't too good in this game. The best Vladof you can get is a Blaster [Vladof]. Shredifier is a lot of fun, but not as good as the Blaster.
---
Deal with it- http://tinyurl.com/amdcu8s FF XIII/Skyrim = 100% -- GT: Gears of Wario
Now Playing: Borderlands2/FFXIII-2/PMD Blue Rescue Team
#3xHuckleberryPosted 3/22/2013 8:14:52 AM
You can get some nice ARs from all the manufacturers, but they obviously wont be near as good as legendary gear.

Some of my fav ARs are dahl with vladolf barrels.
#4Jambi_ManPosted 3/22/2013 9:16:44 AM(edited)
I really enjoy using those Vladof AR's. Not as powerful as other options, but I think they're fun. The blue/purple ones are hard to come by though. My best one outside of e-techs is a purple Resolute Guerrilla(fire), that thing is pretty rad. I'd say your best bet to get a good one is in the Treasure room of Scarlett's dlc....same thing with the e-techs too.

--
No son, never. The blood stays on the blade. One day you'll understand.
#5killbot357Posted 3/22/2013 9:24:23 AM
I'm a fan of the Kitten, and Vladof blasters in general.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Etrian Odyssey IV, Borderlands 2
#6BloodgiftDemonPosted 3/22/2013 9:25:27 AM
*Minor boss name spoilers*

I've had pretty consistent drops from BNK-3R, Terramorphous, and The Warrior, in regards to acquiring decent purple-rarity Vladof ARs.

However, even with optimal parts (Vladof Grip, etc.), the "best" purple ARs I've found were still terrible compared to Legendaries.

Although, E-Tech Vladof ARs are pretty fun.
#7jloewensteinPosted 3/22/2013 10:54:04 AM
Jambi_Man posted...
I really enjoy using those Vladof AR's. Not as powerful as other options, but I think they're fun. The blue/purple ones are hard to come by though. My best one outside of e-techs is a purple Resolute Guerrilla(fire), that thing is pretty rad. I'd say your best bet to get a good one is in the Treasure room of Scarlett's dlc....same thing with the e-techs too.
--
No son, never. The blood stays on the blade. One day you'll understand.

Here's a person of good taste

Vladof ARs are the AKs of the game, basic, reliable and lethal. They even look like AKs, what is cool for itself. Of course, I'm talking about the single barrel vladof AR, not the minigun/gatling type (they're great too, but I think of them more as supressive fire machine guns, not ARs).

The lack of power is relative, if you consider the insane rate of fire. Those of you anarchists fans knows what I mean. You can use them to CQC, medium range, and, with a vladof allegiance, even to snipe. Ammo consumption is high, but AR ammo is not an issue in this game.

They can be guerrillas (jackobs barrel), renegades (dahl barrel) or just "rifles" (vladof or bandit barrel). Don't let the generic name of these last impresses you. I have a bandit barrel Severe Rifle and love it, with its 9.7 firerate and 90% accuracy. Desperately looking for a pure vladof one.

One tip to farm puples like these is that kind of topic that you see here often "Hey dude, I've been killing pete/terra/etc all day, join my game and clean the trash to me, please". People use to pay attention only in legendaries, forgetting good stuff on the ground.
#8HappyGoNowherePosted 3/22/2013 11:01:21 AM
Vladof ARs sre some of my favourite guns in the game. Fair clip size, reasonably good power and an amazing fire rate without the recoil being too nuts. I've had a ton a different levels and they've all done me well.
#9JimiMorrison187Posted 3/22/2013 11:10:06 AM
I love Vladof guns in general. I like the TMP pistols and the ARs quite a bit.

All of my E-Tech ARs are Vladoffs too so they are good E-Techs anyways.

They aren';t the best damage, but I love firing them since the fire rate is so high.

Their sniper rifles are my favorite too. White Death/Lyuda is my favorite gun I think.
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/ripvanwallace/karnoldthumbsup.gif
#10capnovanPosted 3/22/2013 11:41:18 AM
killbot357 posted...
I'm a fan of the Kitten

yes
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!