Smh when...

#1FAILUREtoreplyPosted 3/22/2013 8:03:40 AM
After playing nearly 300 hrs of this game and I just realized that some scoped weapons with an element has the element emblem at the top right....

My face was similar to http://themetapicture.com/whaaat/
---
Who gives a s*** what you believe? In thirty seconds you'll be dead, and I'll blow this place up and be home in time for Corn Flakes.
#2PorrimMaryamPosted 3/22/2013 8:04:34 AM
I am fairly certain that is a Maliwan, Maliwan's that I use tend to have the symbol.
#3ClarifinatiousPosted 3/22/2013 8:04:44 AM
Haha, I just recently noticed that as well!
---
I am the true coward, hiding from sincere expressions
like a vampire in the nude who hides from the light.
#4SinisterBladePosted 3/22/2013 8:11:17 AM
I caught on to that fairly quick, but still with all my supposed knowledge of this game certian things still surprise me.. to the amusment of the group. Buncha tr0lls! xD
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#5FAILUREtoreply(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 8:29:45 AM
The gun that noticed the emblem was indeed a Maliwan. Slagged Rubi with a Hyperion sight to be exact. Slagged emblem looks kick ass haha

That's the wonders of Borderlands 2, so many things to discover and some many references to pop culture! My favorite is the TMNT reference.
---
Who gives a s*** what you believe? In thirty seconds you'll be dead, and I'll blow this place up and be home in time for Corn Flakes.
#6SinisterBladePosted 3/22/2013 8:44:55 AM
“Welcome to DIE!” is one of my favorite reference quotes. Anybody know else know what thats referencing?
Hint:its related to the poor localization team translations of old. xD
---
What is a man?!
#7PorrimMaryamPosted 3/22/2013 8:46:49 AM
Magneto from an old Arcade game if I remember correctly.
#8sharkercheatPosted 3/22/2013 8:49:58 AM
x-men game.
---
GT: THE BREEZE NC
#9SinisterBladePosted 3/22/2013 9:10:47 AM
Yep. :D
Back when arcade games where almost all great. X-Men Arcade was so great, I miss those quarter sleeve carrying days.
---
What is a man?!
#10WretchedOwlPosted 3/22/2013 11:30:18 AM
My favorite reference might just be the Squall of Violence challenge for killing enemies with bladed guns, in reference to Squall and his Gunblade from FF8. And the fact that Flyboy mentions Bahamut when you're climbing his tower is pretty cool too.

And then there's the Sandhawk. The wiki says that the red text is a reference to some random named Errol Flynn, but I can't help but notice that the bullet pattern is a very slow flying bird. Harry Potter reference anyone?

The Weasley family owl was named Errol, and he was very old and slow. I'm convinced its a reference to him.
---
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.
-- GT: Wretched Owls