Smh when...

#11JimiMorrison187Posted 3/22/2013 11:34:21 AM
Think I noticed it when I got to PT 2.

Now I look at tit trying to see how many different symbols they use. See a new one every once in a while. Like some sort of barcode symbol was on a corrosive gun I had earlier.
---
http://assets.sbnation.com/assets/968921/walldunk_medium.gif
#12JimiMorrison187Posted 3/22/2013 11:40:02 AM(edited)
My favorite reference might just be the Squall of Violence challenge for killing enemies with bladed guns, in reference to Squall and his Gunblade from FF8. And the fact that Flyboy mentions Bahamut when you're climbing his tower is pretty cool too.

And then there's the Sandhawk. The wiki says that the red text is a reference to some random named Errol Flynn, but I can't help but notice that the bullet pattern is a very slow flying bird. Harry Potter reference anyone?

The Weasley family owl was named Errol, and he was very old and slow. I'm convinced its a reference to him.

I thought it might be HArry Potter too, but it definitely could be Errol Flynn, or just be In Like Flynn, which refers to him supposedly. This makes me think it is right in the Wiki.

You never heard of Errol Flynn? He's not some random. He's an old movie actor. Specifically he was Robin hood, and in the Wiki it says The Sea hawk.
---
If you like Terraria and can't wait for Starbound check out Darkout too (Greenlight it!): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=98158224
#13WretchedOwlPosted 3/22/2013 11:39:20 AM
JimiMorrison187 posted...
My favorite reference might just be the Squall of Violence challenge for killing enemies with bladed guns, in reference to Squall and his Gunblade from FF8. And the fact that Flyboy mentions Bahamut when you're climbing his tower is pretty cool too.

And then there's the Sandhawk. The wiki says that the red text is a reference to some random named Errol Flynn, but I can't help but notice that the bullet pattern is a very slow flying bird. Harry Potter reference anyone?

The Weasley family owl was named Errol, and he was very old and slow. I'm convinced its a reference to him.

I thought it might be HArry Potter too, but it definitely could be Errol Flynn. Especially since it has "In" at the beginning which means "In like Flynn" and that refers to him.

You never heard of Errol Flynn? He's not some random. He's an old movie actor. Specifically he was Robin hood.

No, but then again I don't tend to immerse myself in movies too much. But even so, I don't know what the actor that played Robin Hood could have much to do with a bird.
---
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.
-- GT: Wretched Owls
#14JimiMorrison187Posted 3/22/2013 11:42:18 AM(edited)
JimiMorrison187 posted...

I thought it might be HArry Potter too, but it definitely could be Errol Flynn. Especially since it has "In" at the beginning which means "In like Flynn" and that refers to him.

You never heard of Errol Flynn? He's not some random. He's an old movie actor. Specifically he was Robin hood.

No, but then again I don't tend to immerse myself in movies too much. But even so, I don't know what the actor that played Robin Hood could have much to do with a bird.

Says right in the Wiki. He was in The Sea Hawk.

"In Like Flynn" refers to him too, so it is probably him.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In_like_Flynn

That reference makes it much clearer as a reference to him.

The term is often believed to refer to movie star Errol Flynn. Flynn had a reputation for womanizing, consumption of alcohol and brawling. His freewheeling, hedonistic lifestyle caught up with him in November 1942 when two under-age girls, Betty Hansen and Peggy Satterlee, accused him of statutory rape.[1] A group was organized to support Flynn, named the American Boys' Club for the Defense of Errol Flynn (ABCDEF); its members included William F. Buckley, Jr.[2] The trial took place in January and February 1943, and Flynn was cleared of the charges. According to etymologist Michael Quinion, the incident served to increase Flynn's reputation as a ladies' man, which led to the popular phrase "in like Flynn".[3]

---
If you like Terraria and can't wait for Starbound check out Darkout too (Greenlight it!): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=98158224