Is Anarchy Worth it?

#11gunsndrosesPosted 3/23/2013 10:27:08 AM
lol @ "Gaige sucks."

Anarchy is beast mode with certain guns (Jakobs / Torgue shotguns come to mind). I have never been too fond of LBT, but I won't deny it's potency. BFF is obviously powerful, albeit very, very boring.
---
My name is Ozymandias, king of kings.
#12KellyRipyaPosted 3/23/2013 10:32:15 AM
Also I highly highly recommend taking advantage of all of Gaige's electric buffs and using something like this build here http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=192482

You don't have to copy it to the letter but it will help you recognize which skills are crucial to a character whose the second best elemental based in the game next to Maya. And personally I think Gaige's action skill is more handy in a bind, and I only send DT out when I'm about to enter FFYL and need him to aggro enemies or bring my shield back up.
---
I love what I destroy and destroy the thing I love
GT: Althea N Hell
#13ProcrastinaterPosted 3/23/2013 12:33:54 PM
The only reason people say to get Discord is because of accidental reloading.

You have no idea how frustrating it is to have 100+ stacks of Anarchy and go to pick up an item on the ground or open a locker/box/whatever and the game not recognizing it quick enough and having you reload and lose all of it.

Gaige tends to yell when you f*** up like that.
---
Procrastinater - So Good
~*Board 8 Late Night Crew*~
#14KellyRipyaPosted 3/23/2013 12:39:06 PM
I could attest to that, so many times I've lost stacks because of holding the button to clear out chests and having my gun reload accidentally. Now I usually switch to a gun that's already loaded whenever I'm highly stacked and about to open a chest.

Yah Gaige is all, "Wait... Did I just... UGG!" during premature ejaculation of an ammo clip.
---
I love what I destroy and destroy the thing I love
GT: Althea N Hell
#15RaptorkittyPosted 3/23/2013 1:11:10 PM
KellyRipya posted...
Yes it's absolutely worth it. Believe me, I played 27 levels using Gaige without Anarchy because I didn't want to focus on my reloading. But I'm here to tell you that when I finally put that point in Anarchy I had wished I was using it the entire time. There is honestly nothing but benefits from it in terms of the damage you will inflict as long as you keep your stacks no higher than 150 (which is all you'll need for +250 damage bonus).

I don't use Discord or even Close Enough because I have no problems with accuracy below 150 stacks. Sniper rifles are my primary weapon which is another reason I was wary of Anarchy but again, there's been no detriment to my accuracy at all at that level of stacks.

So go for it, take it from someone whose played Gaige both ways.

This.

Only problem I've had with Anarchy is deciding point allocation because I'm making a Shock Gaige.
---
GT: KittyKitty13 Playing: Borderlands 2
Official Dual GSoA on the Dark Souls board
#16MechOf17thPosted 3/23/2013 1:37:20 PM
Procrastinater posted...
The only reason people say to get Discord is because of accidental reloading.

You have no idea how frustrating it is to have 100+ stacks of Anarchy and go to pick up an item on the ground or open a locker/box/whatever and the game not recognizing it quick enough and having you reload and lose all of it.

Gaige tends to yell when you f*** up like that.

I've accidentally reloaded a number of times but you get used to being careful and quick with her. If you're about to accidentally reload you can swap weapons fast and cancel it. That's what I got used to doing if I almost reload.
---
Bow down and kiss the ring.
#17MystearicaGrantPosted 3/23/2013 7:27:35 PM
An easy way to Reload without losing Stacks, is to put the gun into your Inventory, then back on the d-pad. The gun will have a filled clip, and your Anarchy stacks are left alone.
---
Spell card! Diamond Will ~ Unbreakable Determination!