My 2 cents on duping.....if anyone cares

#1chuckleswoodPosted 3/23/2013 6:23:51 PM
I didn't dupe in the first BL at all. I wasn't against it I just didn't know about it to be honest
and never played with people online. When I got BL 2 I played legit and didn't cheat at all
until level 50. Once I hit 50 I had A LOT of weapons duped for me, and pretty much had
everything I needed. I thought it was awesome at first, but about 2 months ago I decided to
drop everything that was duped for me and farm the loot I wanted myself. I've gotten several legendary's, and some really nice unique blue's since then. Let me tell you it's so much more fulfilling when you farm for yourself. So to all the people who dupe I seriously recommend not doing so, and getting the gear yourself. I'm not by any means anti duping now or anything you just get so much more out of the game when you play legit. I will say though as far as duping goes what does annoy me is when the board gets flooded with people wanting stuff for free after hardly farming themselves.

PS
Shout out to Kaboom, killbot, and kapowski. You guys are awesome, and thank you for helping to keep this board in check.
---
"There it is you guys.....Mee-krob"
#2BansheeNTDmodePosted 3/23/2013 6:28:10 PM
Most of the duped items nowadays come from modding i.e. save editors. Hence everyone duping is basically a cheater cheater pants on modder..
I ran into a legendary soldier lvl 20 last night.. That class mod is a 50 legit there are no lvl 20 terramorphous.. So many cheaters..
#3Jambi_ManPosted 3/23/2013 6:29:19 PM
Word. I've known & felt this since I got the game at midnight release. So much more rewarding to get your own gear. The mass dupers come and go, but the legit borderlanders endure, and remain.
---
No son, never. The blood stays on the blade. One day you'll understand.
#4Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/23/2013 6:30:55 PM
chuckleswood posted...
I didn't dupe in the first BL at all. I wasn't against it I just didn't know about it to be honest
and never played with people online. When I got BL 2 I played legit and didn't cheat at all
until level 50. Once I hit 50 I had A LOT of weapons duped for me, and pretty much had
everything I needed. I thought it was awesome at first, but about 2 months ago I decided to
drop everything that was duped for me and farm the loot I wanted myself. I've gotten several legendary's, and some really nice unique blue's since then. Let me tell you it's so much more fulfilling when you farm for yourself. So to all the people who dupe I seriously recommend not doing so, and getting the gear yourself. I'm not by any means anti duping now or anything you just get so much more out of the game when you play legit. I will say though as far as duping goes what does annoy me is when the board gets flooded with people wanting stuff for free after hardly farming themselves.

PS
Shout out to Kaboom, killbot, and kapowski. You guys are awesome, and thank you for helping to keep this board in check.

Totally agree with you. Same reasons i dont like to dupe

Also, i would like to ask a favor of people who post dupe threads. Please just refer to it as duping rather than trading. I ask you to do this as a courtesy to people who do not dupe but like to trade.

There is a difference and it does get annoying to continue going into threads labeled as trades when they are in fact dupes

The majority of people, including myself, do not really care if you dupe. Just call ot what it is please.
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#5capnovanPosted 3/23/2013 6:31:23 PM
BansheeNTDmode posted...
I ran into a legendary soldier lvl 20 last night.. That class mod is a 50 legit there are no lvl 20 terramorphous.. So many cheaters..

Was it a Legendary Soldier or a Slayer of Terramorphous? They're 2 different COMs
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#6Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/23/2013 6:37:18 PM(edited)
capnovan posted...
BansheeNTDmode posted...

Was it a Legendary Soldier or a Slayer of Terramorphous? They're 2 different COMs

This does make a difference. It is very possible to have a legendary soldier mod at lower than lvl 50. If it was terra, it was modded, but not necessarily if it was a legendary soldier. I have a legit lvl 30 leg hunter mod
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#7Kpt_KapowskiPosted 3/23/2013 6:37:00 PM(edited)
BansheeNTDmode posted...
Most of the duped items nowadays come from modding i.e. save editors. Hence everyone duping is basically a cheater cheater pants on modder..

just to be clear, a LV 20 Legendary Soldier is possible. A LV 20 Slayer of Terra isn't.

Edit: lol ninja'd
---
Borderlands 2 BAR: 80437
#8nilla151Posted 3/23/2013 6:52:30 PM
Yeah I have a 30 legendary soldier.
---
I got 3 bad touches before I got my first good touch. I haven't gotten a single bad touch since and I spent 2 hours trying for one tonight.
#9WretchedOwlPosted 3/23/2013 6:55:14 PM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
capnovan posted...
BansheeNTDmode posted...

This does make a difference. It is very possible to have a legendary soldier mod at lower than lvl 50. If it was terra, it was modded, but not necessarily if it was a legendary soldier. I have a legit lvl 30 leg hunter mod

a friend and I actually decided to farm Pete in my PT1 the other day and got a very nice lv30 Legendary Soldier mod. Unfortunately for me, my commando is already 50, but my friend has a commando at 26, so lucky him. I wouldn't doubt if he used it up to lv50.
---
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.
-- GT: Wretched Owls
#10Wallcrawler8878Posted 3/23/2013 8:10:05 PM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
chuckleswood posted...

PS

Totally agree with you. Same reasons i dont like to dupe

Also, i would like to ask a favor of people who post dupe threads. Please just refer to it as duping rather than trading. I ask you to do this as a courtesy to people who do not dupe but like to trade.

There is a difference and it does get annoying to continue going into threads labeled as trades when they are in fact dupes

The majority of people, including myself, do not really care if you dupe. Just call ot what it is please.

What does it matter? Does a duped weapon have lower stats?

Heres an FYI. Most people that are "trading" (handing over an item, for one in exchange), are letting an item go that they have backed up on another file. Theyre just going the long way around about doing it.

If its simply you that doesnt want to dupe your item, then its probably you who as a courtesy should let that be known if you respond to someone in a trading thread.

I ALWAYS offer to let the other person dupe their item. I consider that to be more of a courtesy than demanding they surrender an item for one of mine, when theres no intelligent reason that both players cant have the items.