My 2 cents on duping.....if anyone cares

#11Kpt_KapowskiPosted 3/24/2013 2:13:59 AM
Wallcrawler8878 posted...
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
chuckleswood posted...
I didn't dupe in the first BL at all. I wasn't against it I just didn't know about it to be honest
and never played with people online. When I got BL 2 I played legit and didn't cheat at all
until level 50. Once I hit 50 I had A LOT of weapons duped for me, and pretty much had
everything I needed. I thought it was awesome at first, but about 2 months ago I decided to
drop everything that was duped for me and farm the loot I wanted myself. I've gotten several legendary's, and some really nice unique blue's since then. Let me tell you it's so much more fulfilling when you farm for yourself. So to all the people who dupe I seriously recommend not doing so, and getting the gear yourself. I'm not by any means anti duping now or anything you just get so much more out of the game when you play legit. I will say though as far as duping goes what does annoy me is when the board gets flooded with people wanting stuff for free after hardly farming themselves.

PS
Shout out to Kaboom, killbot, and kapowski. You guys are awesome, and thank you for helping to keep this board in check.

Totally agree with you. Same reasons i dont like to dupe

Also, i would like to ask a favor of people who post dupe threads. Please just refer to it as duping rather than trading. I ask you to do this as a courtesy to people who do not dupe but like to trade.

There is a difference and it does get annoying to continue going into threads labeled as trades when they are in fact dupes

The majority of people, including myself, do not really care if you dupe. Just call ot what it is please.

What does it matter? Does a duped weapon have lower stats?

Heres an FYI. Most people that are "trading" (handing over an item, for one in exchange), are letting an item go that they have backed up on another file. Theyre just going the long way around about doing it.

If its simply you that doesnt want to dupe your item, then its probably you who as a courtesy should let that be known if you respond to someone in a trading thread.

I ALWAYS offer to let the other person dupe their item. I consider that to be more of a courtesy than demanding they surrender an item for one of mine, when theres no intelligent reason that both players cant have the items.

llololololol
---
Borderlands 2 BAR: 80437
#12The_Hungry_OnePosted 3/24/2013 2:57:15 AM
Hm, I agree with TC. There is only one instance that I've accepted a duped item, and that was the Infinity, and the only reason I accepted it was because I had farmed Doc Mercy personally for nearly 500 runs (an estimate) and because brothers had been farming Doc Mercy as well. Combined, the total number of runs on Doc Mercy was over1,500 and we agreed that whoever found it would dupe it for all three of us.

That is the only instance I've participated in duping, and I don't really justify it; I'm not proud about it, but if Gearbox ever rectifies Doc Mercy's drop rates, then I'll farm for it again.

For everything else though, I've done constant runs to get what I have, including my Hide of Terramorphous, Teeth of Terramorphous, Night Pitchfork, Blood of Terramorphous, Volcano, various Zer0 heads, Axton's Shadaloo head (random drop from Terramorphous) and more, and each of these (though not always used) will remain in my stash. If they take alot of runs to drop, I will keep them and primarily offer them for a fair trade (except the Hide, that is too awesome).

It's much more gratifying to earn it all myself, and I use them all with pride (when applicable), and I'm happy to trade them for weapons I don't have, although I've only done it the once and that was my Volcano for the B****.

I've said to xboxBUNZILLA once before "I don't always play Borderlands 2, but when I do, I do it properly", and I stay true to that to this day, and I always will.
---
Sorry, did that hurt? That "sorry" was sarcasm. I am not sorry.
#13Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/24/2013 5:51:38 AM
Wallcrawler8878 posted...
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...

i would like to ask a favor of people who post dupe threads. Please just refer to it as duping rather than trading. I ask you to do this as a courtesy to people who do not dupe but like to trade.

There is a difference and it does get annoying to continue going into threads labeled as trades when they are in fact dupes

The majority of people, including myself, do not really care if you dupe. Just call ot what it is please.

What does it matter? Does a duped weapon have lower stats?

Heres an FYI. Most people that are "trading" (handing over an item, for one in exchange), are letting an item go that they have backed up on another file. Theyre just going the long way around about doing it.

If its simply you that doesnt want to dupe your item, then its probably you who as a courtesy should let that be known if you respond to someone in a trading thread.

I ALWAYS offer to let the other person dupe their item. I consider that to be more of a courtesy than demanding they surrender an item for one of mine, when theres no intelligent reason that both players cant have the items.

i can pose the exact same question to you. what does it matter to you whether you post dupe or trade?

I always do post that it is a legitimate trade thread (and no. legitimate is not meant to sound high and mighty. there just isnt anything else to call it since people refuse to acknowledge a difference between trading and duping).

out of courtesy to everyone involved, i let it be known right from the start what my intentions and desires are. why is it so hard for people who dupe to just do the same? it is a courtesy to others to call something what it is rather than using a misleading title.

and no. i am not up on a high horse telling others how to play their game. i play it my way, and i dont care how others choose to play. i just ask that they respect the way i play as i do theirs.

no it isnt a question of stats on the gun being different for duped items. the issue is simply that i am not interested in having it duped. no more no less. it is a gameplay choice i and many others have made exactly the same as you choosing to dupe. nobody is wrong or right. it is just a different way of playing. you assuming that everyone still dupes their items is a very narrow and flawed statement. yes we are few and far between, but we do exist.

no. i cannot do anything to prevent someone from copying their item prior to the trade. i know and accept that as something have no control over. when i do post a trade thread, i ask people to be honest, but there is no way to hold them to it. all i can do is ask and keep up my end of the deal. ill harp on it again. it is simple courtesy.

what is the problem with calling a spade a spade? the "legitimate" trading in the community nis already limited enough thanks to duping. it is tough enough to find people who want to actually tade rather than dupe, and that is made exponentially more difficult by people who refuse to acknowledge a simple difference in terminology.

i do avoid duping threads. i do look when people post fro "trades." it is annoying that 95% turn out to be people duping that refuse to just call it what it is.
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#14RaptorkittyPosted 3/24/2013 7:27:33 AM
I say to each his own but the only time I can understand it really though is for rare heads and skins in the area of Vermi. Its bad enough just trying to spawn him.

As for Legendaries, maybe I just have good luck, but Legendaries tend to drop easily for me, I don't understand a need to dupe them.
---
GT: KittyKitty13 Playing: Borderlands 2
Official Dual GSoA on the Dark Souls board
#15KaBoom1322Posted 3/24/2013 7:31:15 AM
Lol.
---
You are not entitled to anything in this game.
#16chuckleswood(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 7:41:33 AM
KaBoom1322 posted...
Lol.

What's so funny Mr. KaBoom?
---
"There it is you guys.....Mee-krob"
#17KaBoom1322Posted 3/24/2013 8:00:37 AM
Wallcrawler.
---
You are not entitled to anything in this game.
#18chuckleswood(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 8:16:01 AM
KaBoom1322 posted...
Wallcrawler.

I'm not, but my girl is :D
---
"There it is you guys.....Mee-krob"