Thoughtlock

#1Wallcrawler8878Posted 3/23/2013 8:02:19 PM
Wow.

I hadnt even tried this skill with Maya because it just didnt sound very good. I decided to check this out with my Siren while using my Cobra rifle, and man it is so damn much fun.

The downside is that I lose my ability to inflict slag/every elemental damage on the guy Im locking, but on the upside, when I thoughtlock someone, nobody shoots at me.

I can basicly survey the field, pick who I want to turn, and then basicly shoot fish in a barrel during the chaos. Should I elect to kill the guy I locked, or his former comrades kill him, the phaselock jumps to another enemy inflicting the helios explosion+converge again and turning that enemy to my cause.

Ive had one phaselock affect like five enemies before the timer ran out. Tons of chaos, helios explosions and singularities.

In mob heavy areas, this capstone is a ton of fun. Id highly recommend checking this out if you havent already.
#2SinisterBladePosted 3/23/2013 8:11:07 PM
Thoughtlocking Badass Enemies, Goliaths and suicide enemies, especially EXP loaders is great to watch, and very tactically sound as well. Especially with the skill where it finds new targets, you can cause complete chaos in the ranks of groups of foes. Win-Win!
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#3Wallcrawler8878(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 8:15:52 PM
SinisterBlade posted...
Thoughtlocking Badass Enemies, Goliaths and suicide enemies, especially EXP loaders is great to watch, and very tactically sound as well. Especially with the skill where it finds new targets, you can cause complete chaos in the ranks of groups of foes. Win-Win!

Ive found that in the presence of suicide enemies, its best to thoughlock the strongest of the bunch, because then the suiciders kill themselves assaulting him. Hilarity at its finest.

When I thoughtlock a suicider, he always seems to drop his bomb and then just kinda wander aimlessly until either the other enemies or myself kill him.

Its also pretty sweet when you see that elemental gunfire coming at you, and you turn that guy on his enemies, especially if its slag. One of the burner bikers had slagged damn near every one of his comrades, making it easy for my Cobra rifle to turn them into chunky salsa with a single shot.
#4SinisterBladePosted 3/23/2013 8:21:50 PM
I should have clarified, I only do that with both skills combined, as the EXPL for example is guaranteed to die, weaken the horde, and cause a new thought lock quickly. Most survivors will not be very hurt or dead, making the lock swaps swifter. Its so damn satisfying to watch a small mob literally kill itself off entirely.

Overall though I agree, but with that combo, IDK I get such so happy watching them kill eachother. Mindgames is my strong suit. :P
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!