My prediction on the new character reveal at PAX later today

#1ShinterLPosted 3/24/2013 5:47:19 AM(edited)
This came to me in a dream last night - yes, I know, I need to get out more.

First, the part I'm pretty sure about: The new character will be revealed at PAX today, and all in attendance at the panel will receive a card with a code to access this character for free. The character will be a lab-modified Psycho, and will be released either later today or on Tuesday, but will be out this week.

The part I'm making up, but sounds reasonable: The character will be a lab-modified Psycho, who can activate a rage mode that sends Eridium into its system (think Bane from Batman). This dramatically increases their speed and damage output, especially melee damage, while also giving health regeneration and damage reduction.

Skill trees will highlight Psycho skills. One tree will enhance features of the Rage mode, another (think Suicide Psychos) will enhance grenade damage and behavior and add in grenade regen, and the last will be a melee tree, including a melee override in which you can throw your melee weapon, a buzz-axe, which features explosive damage.

tl;dr: Free new character access will be given at the Gearbox panel today at PAX, so go if you are there, and if anyone doesn't want their code, let me know ;-)

Edit: I'm also going to take a guess at the class name: Pyscho-Not
#2fakesnoop77Posted 3/24/2013 5:44:31 AM
I certainly think that Eridium will play a huge part with then new character. Maybe using it to help boost stats or something?

Let's face it, we need to use Eridium or other ways rather then just use at as a currency to access raid bosses perhaps.

I also hope that some of the skill tree perks should focus on shotguns
---
Fitter, happier, more productive, like a pig in a cage on antibiotics
#3joeymegsPosted 3/24/2013 6:17:07 AM
That's actually pretty funny. I saw a glimpse of the character on a site, it was a very blurry picture, but the first thought I had was "wow that really looks like Bane from Batman". The only thing better is if his name was something like Vane, or Kane, or Wayne.
---
--
#4BrilloPadKillaPosted 3/24/2013 7:00:27 AM
http://orcz.com/images/thumb/5/5e/Borderlands2psychopack.jpg/576px-Borderlands2psychopack.jpg

here's the leaked picture of the new *rumored*character.
---
XBL Tag = Phantom Phive
PSN Tag = DomNapalm
#5JimiMorrison187Posted 3/24/2013 7:06:37 AM
Those are definitely free packs for those that attend the event.

Since he's actually holding a melee weapon I like it a lot more than just some sort of punchy. You could ahve a lot of things going on with an actual weapon. Super sledgehammers that do AoE damage, some of them could ahve like magic casting of some sort. Some spin attack with it that would shoot projectiles (grenades...teehee)
---
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/Kwelity/avila2.jpg
#6VirtusEtIgnisPosted 3/24/2013 7:11:26 AM
As long as the level cap increase isn't another month away for some stupid reason. :-( I like your ideas, though. That would be pretty cool. I have to admit, however, that if I had the choice to play whatever enemy I wanted (enemy turned good, I mean), I wouldn't pick a psycho. I think I'd rather play a Witch Doctor. Or something. I don't know.
---
Leadership Excellence
A Gentleman and a Scholar
#7ShinterL(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 7:19:27 AM
VirtusEtIgnis posted...
I have to admit, however, that if I had the choice to play whatever enemy I wanted (enemy turned good, I mean), I wouldn't pick a psycho. I think I'd rather play a Witch Doctor. Or something. I don't know.

Yeah, Witch Doctor would be pretty amazing to play as - those ***** always destroy me, especially the fire ones. There are definitely other enemies I'd rather play as too, but I think people have been requesting this one since the first borderlands, and as they are the game cover enemies, they are the most iconic enemy.