The Kids at IGN are on fire about level increase being $5

#31gameslickerPosted 3/24/2013 6:39:17 PM
to any and all complaining about the price increase, i have a solution for you.

its called BING REWARDS. sign up, get credits each day, keep at it everyday and you'll have enough to get a 400 MS point card. use that to buy the level increase. done.
#32RaptorkittyPosted 3/24/2013 7:11:05 PM
gameslicker posted...
to any and all complaining about the price increase, i have a solution for you.

its called BING REWARDS. sign up, get credits each day, keep at it everyday and you'll have enough to get a 400 MS point card. use that to buy the level increase. done.

I use to do that all the time. Such a great program. Wish I could do it from my phone as I use Bing daily.
---
GT: KittyKitty13 Playing: Borderlands 2
Official Dual GSoA on the Dark Souls board
#33xlinerPosted 3/24/2013 7:24:53 PM
Raptorkitty posted...
I think everyone needs to quit being hostile. Its possible to calmly and reasonably discuss points of disagreeing opinions. Some people think it shouldn't cost money, others are fine with it. Stop acting like bickering children(and calling everyone one) and discuss in a mature manner. It helps your argument and people may actually listen to or respect it.

As for me, I don't mind $5 for some extra content. I think its awesome they're putting so much work into post-game content for the fans who want it. I love the idea of 11 more levels that will add countless more hours of game play, not mention not just new weapons, but a new RARITY of weapons. And a 3rd playthrough that scales which happens to be free for everyone. I personally feel they really care about their fans.

I also feel micro-transactions can be very good for the future of gaming if done right. Do it like EA where its just a bunch of extra stuff, and lower the prices of games. Gamers can afford more games while the publishers still make money and possibly even get a boost in sales.

To anyone who read all this, I appreciate it.

$40 for a new game that has micro transactions = more people buying it = more money for the dev/publisher, less stress on gamers for price.
---
Classy Chickens Clan for Halo 4 and Black Ops 2
GT: Vampiric Zealot
#34St0ve1Posted 3/24/2013 7:31:59 PM
diablogamer posted...
How much is too much for you guys 10 bucks 20 bucks ? This is getting ridiculous this is something that should be a free patch as it takes next to no effort to raise the level cap. The only thing that makes this even remotely close to being worth it are the new weapons and that depends on how many they add and if the suck or not. I agrees with the above posters this is a disgusting move very reminiscent of the crap EA pulls.

Be happy we are GETTING a level cap! Kids these days think they should get everything they want, when they want it, it's getting flat out ridiculous! They could have charged more for it! You need to stop complaining and think what it was like before dlc. You were stuck with the original game, no dlc. You obviously are a teenager if you think $5 for a level cap increase whic everyone was demanding for, is ridiculous.
---
Official BROKEN STRAIGHT SWORD of the dark souls board
Official husband of cherche
#35RaptorkittyPosted 3/24/2013 7:37:24 PM
xliner posted...
Raptorkitty posted...
I think everyone needs to quit being hostile. Its possible to calmly and reasonably discuss points of disagreeing opinions. Some people think it shouldn't cost money, others are fine with it. Stop acting like bickering children(and calling everyone one) and discuss in a mature manner. It helps your argument and people may actually listen to or respect it.

As for me, I don't mind $5 for some extra content. I think its awesome they're putting so much work into post-game content for the fans who want it. I love the idea of 11 more levels that will add countless more hours of game play, not mention not just new weapons, but a new RARITY of weapons. And a 3rd playthrough that scales which happens to be free for everyone. I personally feel they really care about their fans.

I also feel micro-transactions can be very good for the future of gaming if done right. Do it like EA where its just a bunch of extra stuff, and lower the prices of games. Gamers can afford more games while the publishers still make money and possibly even get a boost in sales.

To anyone who read all this, I appreciate it.

$40 for a new game that has micro transactions = more people buying it = more money for the dev/publisher, less stress on gamers for price.

Exactly the point I was making. Its a win-win situation. Hell, they could even start at $50.
---
#36diablogamerPosted 3/25/2013 9:23:28 AM
St0ve1 posted...
diablogamer posted...
How much is too much for you guys 10 bucks 20 bucks ? This is getting ridiculous this is something that should be a free patch as it takes next to no effort to raise the level cap. The only thing that makes this even remotely close to being worth it are the new weapons and that depends on how many they add and if the suck or not. I agrees with the above posters this is a disgusting move very reminiscent of the crap EA pulls.

Be happy we are GETTING a level cap! Kids these days think they should get everything they want, when they want it, it's getting flat out ridiculous! They
could have charged more for it! You need to stop complaining and think what it was like before dlc. You were stuck with the original game, no dlc. You obviously are a teenager if you think $5 for a level cap increase whic everyone was demanding for, is ridiculous.

You know how ridiculous you sound ? I should be happy they are supporting a game they created and are profitting from and hope to continue to profit from in the future. Why would they not support it ? If you are as old as you make yourself out to be then you should remember all the support pc games got back in the 90s with expansions and free patches and updates etc. A dev supporting its game is nothing new maybe it is if you have only been a console gamer over the years but PC gamers have been getting support for years
---
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very
persistent one" Albert Einstein
#37RaptorkittyPosted 3/25/2013 9:38:23 AM
diablogamer posted...
St0ve1 posted...
diablogamer posted...

Be happy we are GETTING a level cap! Kids these days think they should get everything they want, when they want it, it's getting flat out ridiculous! They
could have charged more for it! You need to stop complaining and think what it was like before dlc. You were stuck with the original game, no dlc. You obviously are a teenager if you think $5 for a level cap increase whic everyone was demanding for, is ridiculous.

You know how ridiculous you sound ? I should be happy they are supporting a game they created and are profitting from and hope to continue to profit from in the future. Why would they not support it ? If you are as old as you make yourself out to be then you should remember all the support pc games got back in the 90s with expansions and free patches and updates etc. A dev supporting its game is nothing new maybe it is if you have only been a console gamer over the years but PC gamers have been getting support for years

Forgive me if I sound ill-informed but isn't that more easily done on the PC? I know things on the 360 have to go through all kinds of certification and the like, and I believe they also have to pay MS for even the smallest patch. I have no idea if purely PC titles have to go through anything like that, or if my information is entirely accurate. But if I am correct, then that would make a huge difference, would it not?
---
#38shotgunweilderPosted 3/25/2013 9:41:46 AM
StormWolf12 posted...
A drink cost less than 5 bucks, lol.

Unless it's scotch, lol.
---
GT: KG SolidGold
"Foolish is he who spits into the wind. A fool he is for doing it twice."- KG himself
#39GigabomberPosted 3/25/2013 10:25:21 AM
Emir_Parkreiner posted...
If you didn't buy the season pass why would you even care at this point?

This is the point. They've got us season passers on the hook already, so who else cares? more than half of the dlc has been mediocre already.