I didn't play borderlands 1, give me a rundown of pearlecents?

#1davinthegreat98Posted 3/24/2013 2:20:40 PM
how do you spell and pronounce them and what were they?
---
Not changing this sig until i fix my time machine.
Finished on 8/26/2012
#2gunsndrosesPosted 3/24/2013 2:25:58 PM
Pearlescent (Pearl - ess - ent)

More rare than legendary weapons. In many cases, more powerful, as well. Have a cyan color (very light blue).
---
If you don't use proper grammar, you're a communist.
-George Washington, First President of the USA
#3Steve0314Posted 3/24/2013 2:38:36 PM
Basically Legendaries on steroids... Only 1 pearl per gun. Example there is only 1 pearl Shotgun... Where as their are like 10 legendary shotguns. Extremely rare.
---
GT: Steve0314
#4MystearicaGrantPosted 3/24/2013 2:43:35 PM
In Borderlands 1, they were generally even more powerful the Legendaries. You could see 50+ Orange/Legendary equips before finding a Pearl. They *had* a Light Blue stream coming from them, much like what quest items in BL2 now use.
---
Spell card! Diamond Will ~ Unbreakable Determination!
#5Jambi_ManPosted 3/24/2013 2:54:36 PM
Pearlescents are friggin dope. That is all.
---
No son, never. The blood stays on the blade. One day you'll understand.
#6drake_skullPosted 3/24/2013 2:57:27 PM
The Bessie(Sniper) for instance could if you got good enough parts could 1 shot Craws Weak points. I got lucky and got 1.
---
"If your going to ask someone to save the world, make sure they like it the way it is"
http://www.youtube.com/user/Drakeskull23
#7N7Spectre707Posted 3/24/2013 3:14:47 PM
MystearicaGrant posted...
In Borderlands 1, they were generally even more powerful the Legendaries. You could see 50+ Orange/Legendary equips before finding a Pearl. They *had* a Light Blue stream coming from them, much like what quest items in BL2 now use.

It should be mentioned that oranges were fairly common in BL1. You actually had a reasonable chance of finding one in a chest as you played normally, NOTHING like BL2. Pearls in BL1 were about as rare as oranges are in BL2. That means pearls in BL2 are going to be really difficult to get I bet.

There will be a storm of LF threads I'm sure. One lucky person will find and dupe a pearl, and then that dupe will spread throughout the community lol.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#8AlleRacingPosted 3/24/2013 3:42:04 PM
Also, there was only one pearl per manufacturer, with the exception of Atlas, making both a shield and a revolver. Not all pearls were necessarily more powerful than their legendary counterparts, but most were very formidable at the very least. Here's a run down on all of them:

Atlas Aries
- A very powerful revolver with a transfusion healing effect (very few weapons in BL1 could heal at all, so this was notable) and shock element. It surpassed the Maliwan Defiler in raw damage and approached the Jakobs Unforgiven, sans critical bonus.

Dahl Jackal
- A shotgun turned into a grenade launcher. It was fairly powerful and had a large magazine, but the arcing shots made it hard to use and it didn't end up terribly effective.

Hyperion Nemesis
- Arguably one of the best weapons in the game. It was primarily a shock elemental repeater pistol that had a chance to fire between 1 and 4 extra corrosive projectiles in a cross pattern. It was ludicrously powerful against nearly everything, and could even spawn with the Invader scope from the Hyperion legendary pistol of the same name, making it full auto while zoomed with an increase in fire rate.

Jakobs Bessie
- Easily the most powerful sniper rifle in raw damage, with a massive critical multiplier. The only thing that came close to it was the Skullmasher.

Maliwan Tsunami
- A corrosive and shock SMG that fired bullets that travelled in a diagonal wave pattern, shock projectiles would slant one way, corrosive projectiles would slant the other way, non elemental projectiles wouldn't slant. On paper, it was similar to the Hellfire, but the slow projectile speed and lower proc chance made it much weaker.

S&S Serpens
- A corrosive machine gun with a massive magazine capacity and high proc chance, its projectiles travelled in a slithering snake-like pattern. The more pronounced the curve, the better the proc. Arguably the best corrosive weapon in the game.

Tediore Avenger
- A fairly powerful semi-auto rifle with ammo regeneration and a decent critical bonus. Kind of like a BL1 version of the Hammer Buster with ammo regen.

Torgue Undertaker
- A very high damage rocket launcher with a large radius, slightly weaker and smaller than the Torgue Redemption, but it only consumed one ammo per shot instead of 4 and had normal projectile speed.

Vladof Stalker
- A machine pistol with ricocheting bullets, wasn't very powerful.

Anshin Rose
- A fast recharging, lower capacity shield that regenerated 300 health every time it depleted, probably became the model for the Neogenator.

Atlas Omega
- A better than purple shock-resist shield.

Pangolin Ironclad
- Highest shield capacity in the game with a very long recharge delay.
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#9resealablePosted 3/24/2013 3:43:24 PM
Nope, weapons are dropable (duh) so they have a code. so I'm sure they will all be available the day of the update.
---
Tediore: Because loading is faster than reloading.
#10capnovanPosted 3/24/2013 3:47:36 PM
N7Spectre707 posted...
Pearls in BL1 were about as rare as oranges are in BL2. That means pearls in BL2 are going to be really difficult to get I bet.

Probably like the Cobra
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!