They're literally charging money for a level increase and rare weapons

#101Xero_StarrePosted 3/26/2013 4:04:59 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#102Xero_StarrePosted 3/26/2013 4:11:04 AM
gamestar9999 posted...
this is why i will never buy season passes. got 2 good dlcs 1 lame and then this crap without even an add on to go with it. so i would of saved 5 bucks and been stuck with something i didnt even want(big hunt), wow thanks.

dont get me wrong though ive enjoyed this game plenty but i was expecting some knoxx quality dlc not this BS.

You do realize that the level cap DLC isn't the Season Pass's terminating DLC, right? It's just a bonus for those who bought the SP. We still have the upcoming campaign DLC that will end the SP. So, when that campaign DLC comes out, us SP owners will have 2 really well done campaign DLCs, 1 really well criticized campaign DLC, 1 level cap and added playthrough DLC, and 1 campaign DLC we know very little about right now.
---
GT: ECS Daemon
#103garubladorPosted 3/26/2013 7:15:00 AM(edited)
Erik_P posted...
I'm pointing out that its unlikely GB made it tough to increase the level cap without breaking the game balance based on Achievement text; they knew they were going to do it at some point. They're just lying because they know people are gullible.

You're saying that 10 characters of flavor text invalidates everything else that's been said about the cap increase and all of the in-game evidence that the whole game was scaled with a level 50 cap in mind. No one who's thought about it at all believes that flavor text is that important.

It's clear you are totally ignoring every single good argument and just relying on a few logical fallacies at this point. You have not acknowledged any logical rebuttal anyone has made nor have you given any logical evidence that anything you've said has any merit. Cherry picking single lines of text without acknowledging any of the surrounding arguments is terrible rhetoric and anyone with the tiniest bit of critical thinking skills will easily see that you don't actually know what you're talking about.

Plus there's all of the evidence that they are not just out to screw us over. The season pass which gives four, $10 DLC's and the level increase for $5 is something that you don't see often in games that offer paid DLC's. A whole extra playthrough that wasn't offered in the last game that's given to all players for free is another. All of the Shift codes and special events is yet another way that they're offering continued support at no extra cost if the effort required isn't too great. Why is this one thing totally different despite the mountain of evidence that they probably won't recoup their R&D cost on it? Oh, that's right, 10 characters of flavor text that doesn't even contain the word, "Free."
#104HappyGoNowherePosted 3/26/2013 7:18:36 AM
I hope whoever named that achievement got punched in the dick.
#105SolidStryderPosted 3/26/2013 8:48:19 AM
People are complaining about this? Stop being so poor.
#106Thunderbolt210Posted 3/26/2013 9:08:54 AM
we as gamers really need to stop playing both sides of this corporate coin. in one hand when a company like EA releases sim city to all the horribleness that it had happen we as consumers can speak with our wallets and not buy the game.

but on the other end if a game is really good we as gamers should be willing to support the people who put hard work and effort into a game you love. i love borderlands 2, i love what they did and i want to support that 5 dollars is not breaking the bank if u dont think its fair thats fine but dont say its wrong or evil.
---
Read before you mod
dedicated to the moderators of Gfaqs
#107gamestar9999Posted 3/26/2013 10:15:04 AM
Xero_Starre posted...
gamestar9999 posted...
this is why i will never buy season passes. got 2 good dlcs 1 lame and then this crap without even an add on to go with it. so i would of saved 5 bucks and been stuck with something i didnt even want(big hunt), wow thanks.

dont get me wrong though ive enjoyed this game plenty but i was expecting some knoxx quality dlc not this BS.

You do realize that the level cap DLC isn't the Season Pass's terminating DLC, right? It's just a bonus for those who bought the SP. We still have the upcoming campaign DLC that will end the SP. So, when that campaign DLC comes out, us SP owners will have 2 really well done campaign DLCs, 1 really well criticized campaign DLC, 1 level cap and added playthrough DLC, and 1 campaign DLC we know very little about right now.

I was not aware a new campaign dlc was still in the works, thanks for clarifying that I feel better now lol. still don't like season passes though.
#108Xero_StarrePosted 3/26/2013 10:36:58 AM(edited)
I respect that fact that you don't like the idea of Season Passes, I personally think if it's a game where a SP is justified, like BL2 or a heavily MP based game, then it's fine. I just figured I'd let you know there is still one more DLC that is part of the SP left, since a level cap DLC wouldn't be a major DLC like the campaign ones.
---
GT: ECS Daemon
#109Nanis23Posted 3/26/2013 11:15:44 AM
People that say "if you dont like it dont buy it" are the reason video games company are acting like that
Same goes for Valve,they released a skin for a hero in Dota 2 that cost 35$
Yeah,dont like it dont buy it? See you in a few days when you will need to pay for the option to carry more than 2 guns in Borderlands 3
#110James_JonesPosted 3/26/2013 11:18:34 AM
LOL at all the sheeple in this topic.

They all probably support DRM too.

OUR CORPORATE MASTERS TELL US WHAT TO LIKE.
---
We steal from beggars, and ask for understanding.