They're literally charging money for a level increase and rare weapons

#151garubladorPosted 3/27/2013 7:26:16 AM
Erik_P posted...
Yes, because I'm not a naive, gullible child.

That's the message you're sending pretty clearly. Either you're gullible enough to believe that a tiny bit of flavor text is more definitive than all of the math, observations and reports from the developers themselves (which is a logical problem because if you don't trust them, why believe the flavor text?), or you think that the flavor text was probably just a mistake.

I've responded to people's arguments; I can't help you just disagree with me and refuse to see the scam that the industry is pulling

You're responding, but not responding using rational arguments. With my arguments you've only cherry picked single sentences and have not addressed a vast majority of what I have written. I have clearly disputed most, if not all of your points with logical arguments. I know it's because you do not have any rational arguments against them and just "feel" like they're wrong but are either too proud or too naive to admit it.

You make some good points I'll give you that, but it still doesn't change the fact that we have to pay for a level increase.

Just like we did before but this time they had to re balance the entire game to do it and they're giving us another playthrough for free. So people complained becasue we hadn't gotten a level increase like before then they complain because we had to pay for it like before. Which is it, should they do things the same or different? These are the types of logical fallacies I'm talking about.

There's no question that the game scales differently from before. You can easily look up the numbers on how it was done in both games and see that it's not the same. Every single number given for gun damage, character health, enemy health, enemy damage, shield capacity, grenade damage and various other stats prove it. It's obvious to anyone that's done the math (some people in this thread have done it for you) that it would take a lot of work to redo all of that scaling to make the game playable with a new level cap. They have to charge for work that they do or else they won't be able to afford to work on games after the initial release. Post release content costs money and is optional. Not acknowledging that just supports the fist thing I quoted.
#152N7Spectre707Posted 3/27/2013 12:04:04 PM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
kylekillgannon posted...
Except that changing the level cap is indeed just that. Adjusted an integer. It's not rocket science, it's just changing a value to be 61 instead of 50. The rest of the game takes care of experience and scaling of stats.

did you just completely ignore all the math that i posted in the other thread explaining why it is so much more than that?

yes, changing the level cap from 50 to 61 might not be the most difficult coding effort in the world.

the issue comes (as i explained) from the way the game scales. exponential scaling means that the higher and higher the level goes, the larger the gap between the player and the enemies becomes.

it gets to a point where killing enemies becomes almost impossible when you are an equal leveled character using equal leveled gear.

here are the #s again.

this is the issue. not simply changing the level cap maximum variable and calling it a day. they cant just raise the cap and release because using the current scaling system, it would in fact make the game totally unplayable

Lvl 1 __ P/Q= 1,000 ___ P(layer) 100%, M(onster) 100%
Lvl 2 __ P/Q= 1,017 ___ P 113%, M 115%
Lvl 10 _ P/Q= 1,171 ___ P (100*1.13^9)%=300%, M 352%
Lvl 25 _ P/Q= 1,524 ___ P (100*1.13^24)%= 1878%, M 2863%
Lvl 50 _ P/Q= 2,362 ___ P (100*1.13^49)%= 39888%, M 94231%
Lvl 55 _ P/Q= 2,579 ___ P (100*1.13^54)%= 73491%, M 189532%
Lvl 60 _ P/Q= 2,815 ___ P (100*1.13^59)%= 135402%, M 381217%

this is the quantified increase in player vs enemy strength using the games current exponential scaling system. it is about balance. the work did not come from the devs having to change the cap. the work came from having to make sure tha game was playable once his change was made

this game is not the same as bl1. the linear scaling made it realistic to simply plug in a new integer for the cap because doing so did not make every enemy exponentially stronger than the player per level. it didnt destroy the balance

EDIT: and NO i am not a programmer. i just understand how math works

No no, you see, you're just a condescending jackass. Also insert sentence with the phrase "change a single integer" here.

/sarcasm.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#153H_Panic22Posted 3/30/2013 5:01:12 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#154chuckleswoodPosted 3/30/2013 5:37:46 AM
TC is a clown.
---
"There it is you guys.....Mee-krob"
#155H_Panic22Posted 3/30/2013 6:23:04 AM
chuckleswood posted...
TC is a clown.

...and poor.

"Companies have the nerve to charge money for things! My paper route doesn't afford me the means to spend $5 for things I want!"

And TC's entire argument collapses on Tuesday when his Mom throws a 400 point card down the basement stairs.
---
Gamertag= H Panic22
#156Cpt_of_IndustryPosted 3/30/2013 7:59:44 AM
Erik P. Topic

He's literally crazy.
---
The Jersey Guy
#157Cpt_of_IndustryPosted 3/30/2013 8:01:31 AM
Seriously? Who complains when everyone intelligent has the season pass?

I mean if you couldn't manage to save up $20 in what like 5 months the game has been out? Maybe it's time to rethink your life.
---
The Jersey Guy
#158chuckleswoodPosted 3/30/2013 8:04:56 AM
Cpt_of_Industry posted...
Seriously? Who complains when everyone intelligent has the season pass?

I mean if you couldn't manage to save up $20 in what like 5 months the game has been out? Maybe it's time to rethink your life.

LOL.

Come to think of it how was he able to afford to buy Borderlands in the first place.
---
"There it is you guys.....Mee-krob"
#159Cpt_of_IndustryPosted 3/30/2013 8:09:57 AM
Lol, Erik_P you know the bank gives me like $50 every 2 months or so just by using my credit card to buy things? You literally get free money left and right if you took the time to look.

There is nobody this crazy to actually have your opinion. I seriously am glad you're just a troll. If you could even make an account on gamefaqs that means you at least have electricity, a computer, and internet. Your life can't seriously be this sad.
---
The Jersey Guy
#160Hardcore74LeoPosted 3/30/2013 8:20:07 AM
Erik_P posted...
Don't be a businessman. Companies are about profit. Thats it. Nothing else. I'm trying to figure out what you think businesses are. Its not like they are here for the sole purpose of pleasing you.

I'm well aware of how companies operate. But charging for something that used to be standard, or having microtransactions are shady business practices.

It's a shame that people actually defend what Activision or EA does.

You do realize that the level cap increase was never free in the first one right? You got it with the purchase of the campaign dlc. So if I recall correctly you get the new true ultimate vault hunter mode, pearls, and a level cap for 5 dollars. I don't see the complaint here for an extra 10+ hours of gameplay.

And microtransactions are part of the gaming world now. Pretty soon you're going to have to just learn to deal with it. Either don't spend your money or do spend it. But if it was your business you would just give all dlc away for free wouldn't you?