They're literally charging money for a level increase and rare weapons

#91Erik_P(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 5:41:05 PM
H_Panic22 posted...
ITT: Achievement flavor text is a binding agreement for additional free content 10 months after the fact and in perpetuity throughout time.

Did I say that? No.

I'm pointing out that its unlikely GB made it tough to increase the level cap without breaking the game balance based on Achievement text; they knew they were going to do it at some point. They're just lying because they know people are gullible.
---
Yippee ki yay Mr Falcon
#92KTG2Posted 3/25/2013 5:49:29 PM
H_Panic22 posted...
ITT: Achievement flavor text is a binding agreement for additional free content 10 months after the fact and in perpetuity throughout time.

Did I say that? No.

I'm pointing out that its unlikely GB made it tough to increase the level cap without breaking the game balance based on Achievement text; they knew they were going to do it at some point. They're just lying because they know people are gullible.

Or it could actually be difficult to balance around new gear/fights/difficulty. Look at the way they balance WoW. You're just leaning on the same handful of "arguments" to suggest your entitlement is justified.
---
Now replaying: Grandia
#93youngunner2123Posted 3/25/2013 6:30:47 PM
It also includes back pack increase and more eridium to carry

So there waaaah!!! Go cry somewhere else
---
Your arms are too short to box with GOD!!!
#94demonwithinPosted 3/25/2013 8:30:27 PM(edited)
Here is a great summation of what is happening here:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-03-21-entitled-gamers-corrupt-press-and-greedy-publishers

Here's two great quotes that help summate the summation:

"When even the best work brings with it a measure of abuse, it becomes difficult to filter out the unreasonable complaints from the ones that actually have a really good point."

And

"We have three groups of people, each of which has entirely legitimate reasons to show distrust and disdain toward the other two."
---
"You think I'm Vicious?! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT VICIOUS IS!!!!!!!!" Spike Spiegel
#95gamestar9999Posted 3/25/2013 8:27:14 PM
this is why i will never buy season passes. got 2 good dlcs 1 lame and then this crap without even an add on to go with it. so i would of saved 5 bucks and been stuck with something i didnt even want(big hunt), wow thanks.

dont get me wrong though ive enjoyed this game plenty but i was expecting some knoxx quality dlc not this BS.
#96kinggoldfingerPosted 3/25/2013 8:47:13 PM
I like Big Hunt, the side quests are entertaining.
---
The Princess is in another Castle.
Punching trees gives me wood.
#97DOUBLEZ22Posted 3/26/2013 12:16:34 AM
This far in and only like one other person has pointed out that you also technically had to pay for the level cap increases in BL1. They were tied to the DLCs in that game. So I don't really see how them putting the entire 11 levels and new weapons (also possible backpack upgrades and eridium upgrades apparently) into one DLC is a bad thing.

But again it comes down to, "If you don't like it/want it, then don't buy it" as simple as that.
#98kylekillgannonPosted 3/26/2013 12:24:44 AM
DOUBLEZ22 posted...
This far in and only like one other person has pointed out that you also technically had to pay for the level cap increases in BL1.

One of them was connected to a very large add on. The other one was simply a patch.

Because it's stupidly easy. So easy you can literally just patch it in without much of a second glance at what you're doing.
---
History is written by those who have hanged heroes.
#99neo_strike3Posted 3/26/2013 12:44:40 AM
The game was complete as soon as they launched so any additional content they wanted to add they have all rights to charge for it.stop acting.like an entitled brat tc.

They could of abandoned the game as soon as it launched since they are not required to make DLC for games . They choose to. I could only imagine how it was for u back in the day when game companies didn't event male DLC and soon as the game was released that was the final product glitches and.bugs in all . Once u finished the game there was no hope of a "add on" or expansion DLC . Yet for some reason u believe they should keep making content that they should fork over to u for free.

Ur whole argument of what if they don't get weapons to drop is ignorant. It's like saying what if u can't beat one of the story DLC does that mean they ripped u off? . Ur paying for the rxoierence and opportunity not the end results
#100kylekillgannonPosted 3/26/2013 12:53:12 AM
neo_strike3 posted...
stop acting.like an entitled brat tc.

Unless you're being ironic, this is the point people stop listening to you and start thinking you're just a blind fool who has no position to contention.

The stuff is all fine and dandy. But I debate on whether or not it's worth 400 MSP.
---
History is written by those who have hanged heroes.