Here's A New, Limited Edition Borderlands 2 Loot Chest!!

#1SolnotPosted 3/24/2013 10:27:17 PM
http://kotaku.com/5992143/heres-a-new-limited-edition-borderlands-2-loot-chest

Gearbox's last Borderlands 2 loot chests were such a hit, they decided to make a new version to match the style (aka diamond plated) of the in-game chests in the sequel.

It's a collaboration with Think Geek, and they're only releasing 5,000 of them.

The chests will be stocked with new content, including redeemable in-game legendary weapons or items that will scale to your character's specific level. It also comes with a Goliath mask that you-your real, fleshy self-can wear, as well as a Shift code (found on the back of your mask) to redeem a customizable Goliath head for your in-game self. There's some art in there, too: wanted posters for each of the original vault hunters.

It'll be available in May for $99.99 on Think Geek's site, or ShopGearbox.com (for international folks, you can pick one up at forbiddenplanet.co.uk).
#2KellyRipyaPosted 3/24/2013 10:44:10 PM
That's just too much money for virtual toys in a cute box. But it will sell out because of that 'only 5000 made' description, that kind of sales ploy just pushes all the right buttons for some people.

Doesn't even include the game. I'd buy it for maybe half that price but a hundred bucks is madness.
---
I love what I destroy and destroy the thing I love
GT: Althea N Hell
#3SuprSaiyanRockrPosted 3/24/2013 10:50:40 PM
I might get it if I'm not broke by then.
---
GT/PSN: SuprSaiyanRockr
Efficiency>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Nostalgia. Always.
#4Blade_Of_IcePosted 3/24/2013 10:59:04 PM
is the loot chest and actual loot chest now or is it still just a crappy box?

Was beyond pissed that i didnt pre-order the loot chest edition when the game came out and was completely relieved when i discovered it was just a box without the tacklebox like shelves the in game chests have.
#5demonwithinPosted 3/24/2013 11:26:06 PM(edited)
They didn't show what the interior of the 'new' loot chest, but looks nearly identical on the outside. It just has the diamond plating that are on the chests now. So, barring it saying otherwise on thinkgeek, assume it's the same as the ultimate loot edition of the game.

The $100 they want for it is far to expensive for $50 dollars of merch in a super fancy package. 4 posters=$32, Two sheets of decals=$10, and a bunch of those legendary code cards which might be collectible, but don't really have value because of trading/duping.
I neglected to factor the mask, which might very well be worth the rest of the cost if it's of good quality. Just can't justify the money for the mask, which is just going to be used as a paperweight.
---
"You think I'm Vicious?! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT VICIOUS IS!!!!!!!!" Spike Spiegel