Level Cap cost

#1BTzzPosted 3/25/2013 12:16:00 AM
I have money, so that's not the issue, but can't this be a principle thing?

Paying $5 for essentially no new content, just a level cap, one which is EXACTLY THE SAME as the level cap increase from the first game and costs money this time?

Honestly? I feel like my good faith is being taken advantage of. They released 3 DLC packs that added ****-all with the expectation that a level increase would come soon to alleviate some of the problems. I feel like I wasted my money on the two DLC packs that I did buy.

Again, this isn't an issue of cost, morseo the idea that I'm being taken advantage of as a consumer. I was ready to jump back in when the level cap dropped, ready to buy the DLC I skipped and get back into the game. Now? **** it.
#2WretchedOwlPosted 3/25/2013 12:18:06 AM
K have fun playing a different game then.
---
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.
-- GT: Wretched Owls
#3KaBoom1322Posted 3/25/2013 12:19:28 AM
This game is just awful.
---
You are not entitled to anything in this game.
#4The_KiriyamaPosted 3/25/2013 1:02:54 AM
It's amusing that in your argument you mention being screwed because you were waiting for some kind of promised level cap raise. Nothing was promised, it was mentioned as a future possibility. It might cost you five bucks, but mate, a season pass is there for a reason. It's a show of faith, you put your faith in the company, and you get rewards for it.

Do you always get the best deal? No, not always. But I think we did pretty well here. I mean, I pre-ordered BL2, and for that, I was given the Creature Slaughter Dome AND the Mechromancer character for free. I bought the season pass, and I got alright, but not amazing DLC's, which I really enjoyed regardless, at a cheaper rate than anyone who didn't buy the season pass.

You have bought, individually, two DLC's which come not far short of the price I paid for my season pass. If you buy the third DLC, you will match it. But as far as i'm concerned, I paid 35 quid for my BL2, and something like 20 quid for my season pass. I dunno what that is in dollars, but I would guess it's around 80+.

Well you have to, if you want them, buy each of the DLC's, at 10 bucks a pop. That's forty right there. Plus sixty for the game, that's 100 dollars. Plus ten for the mechromancer, another ten for the Psycho, and another five for the level cap.

I feel like your complaints based around the 'principle' of being charged for extra content. Are just straight up wrong, sorry. It's extra content, you pay, in general, for extra content. You wouldn't buy a sausage roll and then expect to get another sausage roll for free just because they made more of them and you bought one already.

Maybe your complaint should be, "I didn't buy the season pass, and I feel like I got screwed--", I guess that would at least in some way, be a little more valid. Anyway, sorry you're not happy with it, i'm ecstatic, as far as any season pass is concerned, they ARE getting a free level cap raise.
---
GamerTag: TheKiriyama
Currently Playing: Battlefield 3, Borderlands 2, Dark Souls, Red Dead Redemption
#5Guillermo55Posted 3/25/2013 1:08:47 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6The_KiriyamaPosted 3/25/2013 1:14:23 AM
Guillermo55 posted...
Yes, it's stupid. The worst part of it is you can't even discuss it here because rabid fanboys can't comprehend that someone wouldn't be willing to throw money at Gearbox for no reason. Just look in any topic about this, it's sickening that people are so happy to willingly eat the bull**** thats put in front of them.

Hilarious.
---
GamerTag: TheKiriyama
Currently Playing: Battlefield 3, Borderlands 2, Dark Souls, Red Dead Redemption
#7D1TremerePosted 3/25/2013 3:06:40 AM
I can understand someone feeling that the DLC isn't worth the money or even being offended at the fact they are charging for it, what I dont understand is why anyone feels the need to discuss it.

You have a subjective opinion, act on it as you will. That should be all that's necessary.
---
PSN: BlackSheep121, 360 Tag: D1Tremere, Steam ID: D1Tremere
#8Violent_ShadowPosted 3/25/2013 3:27:27 AM
Obviously these topics aren't going to end anytime soon. Not that i'm bashing on anyones opinion or complaint or whatever. However, i'm beginning to wonder what point (if any) is there in continuing to voice this concern here. I mean, if you have that much of a grievance then why not just voice such a concern on a relevant forum where some noise might actually get noticed..

Yeah, you (and many others it seems) feel that maybe Gearbox currently aren't playing nice with their consumer base (they wouldn't be the first company *cough* capcom *cough*and given the climate, almost certainly won't be the last) but you know, business is business.

Could be worse.. this level cap could have been given to everyone for free and people would still find something to cry foul about without actually thinking it through the picture first. That kind of reminds me of the Tekken Tag 2 DLC backlash that happened on twitter last year.
---
"Beautiful lies beget ugly truths."
#9MacBookAirPosted 3/25/2013 4:17:04 AM
Oh no! $5 for something that the developers spent a long time working on considering they told us themselves that through proper balancing of weapons and enemies it could potentially break the game? I mean you're totally right! How about let's not give them money, and then they never make anything else again! It's not like we're also getting a whole new mode and a brand new gun group.

oh wait...
---
x86-64 is the future. Read why here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/65518901
#10R0880Posted 3/25/2013 4:59:16 AM
Yet people say it is the dupers who are entitled...
---
Saturday is treat day.