Level Cap cost

#31Tru_NavaronePosted 3/25/2013 10:12:33 AM
I will just wait patiently for the GOTY edition.
---
I can tell you why there aint black folk in anime.
*random anime scenario commences* Black folk: **** that!! -dmainev3
#32BTzz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 11:45:34 AM
chuckleswood posted...
It's something they had to put a lot of work and time into. Randy has said this many many times. These types of things aren't free......anywhere, so I don't understand why people are freaking out over having to spend 5 dollars.

"These types of things aren't free."

This exact ****ing thing WAS FREE IN BORDERLANDS 1
#33Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/25/2013 11:46:52 AM
BTzz posted...
chuckleswood posted...
It's something they had to put a lot of work and time into. Randy has said this many many times. These types of things aren't free......anywhere, so I don't understand why people are freaking out over having to spend 5 dollars.

except for the one that wasnt
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#34capnovanPosted 3/25/2013 11:47:42 AM
BTzz posted...
chuckleswood posted...

No. Knoxx increased 11 levels and was not free.
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#35BTzz(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 11:50:22 AM(edited)
capnovan posted...
BTzz posted...
chuckleswood posted...

Knoxx increased it 8 levels, after it had already been increased 11 levels in a free patch.

EDIT: I may have gotten this reversed, where it was 8 levels in the patch and 11 levels in the DLC, but the point still stands. They raised the level cap in a free patch.
#36capnovanPosted 3/25/2013 11:52:18 AM
BTzz posted...
capnovan posted...
BTzz posted...
chuckleswood posted...

Knoxx increased it 8 levels, after it had already been increased 11 levels in a free patch.

Nope Knoxx increased it by 11 and the free update increased it by 8.

In addition, Moxxi's Underdome gave you 2 Skill Points and it wasn't free.

Claptrap's Revolution also gave you 2 Skill points and wasn't free.
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#37Master XPosted 3/25/2013 12:04:37 PM(edited)
11 new levels plus skill points.
New difficulty, unknown if new enemies/re-skins etc.
A whole set of new rarity weapons, Pearls.
Bank and weapon ammo upgrades.
Other stuff as not yet announced.

Ignore the level up then TC, just consider it a "weapon pack" with bonus leveling added. I don't understand WHY long-term players that are still playing and complaining about the price. Surely as a long-time player you have a season pass and will be getting it for free...? DLCs not good enough for you, but defeating the same enemies on the main game over and over to get a few extra levels up IS?

This season pass has been the best value DLC I've ever got. If ONLY other DLC/Season Packs were HALF this good. All you people comparing Gearbox to the "DLC Crook Companies" should be ashamed. Just what in God's name IS good enough for you...? 3 good sized DLCs, a free character, weapon/difficulty/level upgrade pack, a 4th DLC mega expansion (that'll likely be the size of the last 3 DLCs combined, plus likely another free upgrade pack, with likely more extra stuff that we don't know of right now) and maybe other little extras. You complainers are really pathetic, every single Borderlands 2 forum I've been on there's hordes of you. We call you whiners because you ARE. Some people are just incapable of being satisfied.

---
GAMERTAG: Casperstar X "For those of you wondering whether the above made sense, you've just answered your own question."
#38garubladorPosted 3/25/2013 2:03:54 PM
BTzz posted...
EDIT: I may have gotten this reversed, where it was 8 levels in the patch and 11 levels in the DLC, but the point still stands. They raised the level cap in a free patch.

But only after they charged for the first 11-level raise.

The thing with BL2 is they spent a lot of time up front working out the scaling and skill trees with the assumption that 50 would be the level cap. They worked harder to avoid the need for a patch (extra levels). Then people complained that they wouldn't be getting a patch to fix a problem that doesn't exist (i.e. more levels are required), so they went to the trouble to change the game so that it works well with or without the patch (the extra levels), added another playthrough (for free, which wasn't done in the previous game) and added more weapons (which was part of a DLC before, too). Because they had to do all this work to accommodate the players that really wanted the patch that they worked so hard to avoid, they are forced to charge for it.

They're rewarding players that are willing to pay for the first four DLC's all at once with a reduced price for the DLC's plus the level increase. If you compare this to the first game, it's $10 cheaper for four DLC's, an 11 level increase and extra weapons. If you compare not having the season pass it's $5 more expensive, but you have more options on how to spend less money. You can only get the level increase if you want without having to pay $10 for a DLC that you might not want. How popular would Knoxx have been without the level cap increase, pearl weapons and the only raid boss? This way you can just get the increase and the pearls if you don't care about more quests. If you do care about more quests then it makes by far the most sense to buy the season pass.

So people complaining about how it's done this time haven't run the numbers or thought it through. It's way easier to spend less money and you have more options to get the content you want without having to pay for content you don't want. If you want all the content it's also cheaper. As a bonus we're getting a whole extra playthrough that we didn't get before as well. The whole system is an improvement over what we had before.
#39xXBossfight69XxPosted 3/25/2013 2:15:08 PM
What needs to stop is people saying its not hard work. So you all work for gearbox? You all make games? Tell the games you made seriously. If you don't make games work for gear box stfu you don't know what you're talking about whiney little kids. And don't tell me you took a class cuz apparently you suck at or you would be making games. If you don't work directly for a gaming company you don't know what you're talking about pretty much.