Why so much hate for duping?

#1xXBossfight69XxPosted 3/25/2013 5:18:17 AM
Just wondering why people hate on duping so bad? I got the game and didn't play it forever because I was working mad over time and spending time with my women was more important. Then I got free time to play and started way late. I lucked out and got a decent purging infinity 10k+ drop from mercy and that thing helped me acquire some of the stuff that's a pain to get. So I don't see why it's such a huge deal dupe for dupe saves times on farming. I know people like to grind but damn sometimes you farm for 10 hours and get dic. Call me a casual all you want I don't care. I've farmed plenty and I try to start farming groups on here. My point here is I find its ok to dupe say my infinity for a dp Harold. How is that not a legit trade?

And when the new stuff comes out feel free to ask me if I have anything I'll be glad to hook you up with something.
#2Kpt_KapowskiPosted 3/25/2013 5:20:52 AM
Lmao

"how is duping my infinity for a dirty harry not a legit trade", he says.
---
Borderlands 2 BAR: 81289 --- Beware the Lag!
#3R0880Posted 3/25/2013 5:23:56 AM
Because gaming is serious business.
---
Saturday is treat day.
#4Pvt-SpoonPosted 3/25/2013 5:27:09 AM
I don't think most people here care if you dupe or not. Mostly what I've seen are people asking dupers to be clear in their post. Basically, if you want to "Dupe Trade" Post it that way. If you want to "Straight Trade" post it that way. No miss understandings that way.
Anyway, peace my friend, with all the new stuff coming for this game, we are all in for a heck of a ride ; )
---
A pessimist is just an optimist with more experience.
GT:GrandPa40
#5Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/25/2013 5:29:35 AM
dont even really care one way or the other about duping. i dont do it, but if others do, thats their decision.

there are a few things that do irritate me though.

1. people refusal to actually call it duping rather than trading. nobody really cares if you do it, nor can they do anything to prevent you if they wanted to. but referring to it as a trade is annoying to me. i like to do (for lack of a better word) legit trades. it is already difficult enough to find people who like to trade the way i do. all i ever ask is that people call a spade a spade. if its a dupe. just call it a dupe. as a courtesy to people who hold to a different playstyle. it would be greatly appreciated by me and many others.

2. when i get a random PM or XBL message demanding that i dupe an item for someone. it is usually for an item that i was talking about in a weeks old thread. i guess they dug through the old threads and noticed that i talked about an item. i find this to be incredibly rude and irritating. they are not a person i know. no deal was ever talked about, much less ironed out. they just message me and expect me to drop what im doing and dupe an item for them. adding to this, id say about 1/2 of these sorts of messages like this that ive received havnt even been polite.

aside from that, ii couldnt really care less. do whatever you have fun doing.
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#6Violent_ShadowPosted 3/25/2013 5:38:15 AM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
dont even really care one way or the other about duping. i dont do it, but if others do, thats their decision.

there are a few things that do irritate me though.

2. when i get a random PM or XBL message demanding that i dupe an item for someone. it is usually for an item that i was talking about in a weeks old thread. i guess they dug through the old threads and noticed that i talked about an item. i find this to be incredibly rude and irritating. they are not a person i know. no deal was ever talked about, much less ironed out. they just message me and expect me to drop what im doing and dupe an item for them. adding to this, id say about 1/2 of these sorts of messages like this that ive received havnt even been polite.

aside from that, ii couldnt really care less. do whatever you have fun doing.

So much, this. Then i begin to see the point and/or reasoning in Kaboom1322's sig.
---
"Beautiful lies beget ugly truths."
#7xXBossfight69Xx(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 5:38:23 AM
Yeah understand what you are saying. I trade straight across if its something I don't really want or use. I'll even give people stuff if they really want it. I gave away a decent straight bee the other day just because the one I had was better so I gave it to the guy. Makes people enjoy the game when you do things like that. Like starting groups and letting people just take whatever drops just because I like the raid aspect of the game more then the grinding/farming. Had enough of that in wow.
#8Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/25/2013 5:45:26 AM
xXBossfight69Xx posted...
Yeah understand what you are saying. I trade straight across if its something I don't really want or use. I'll even give people stuff if they really want it. I gave away a decent straight bee the other day just because the one I had was better so I gave it to the guy. Makes people enjoy the game when you do things like that. Like starting groups and letting people just take whatever drops just because I like the raid aspect of the game more then the grinding/farming. Had enough of that in wow.

i actually have put a lot of time and effort farming my own gear, but i do the same thing as you. i join raids not even looking for loot at this point. i do it for the fun of the fight and because ive met some cool people to play with.

also, i am more open to the idea of getting that one item youve been dying to get your hands on duped. i havnt done it, but iunderstand it.

what i dont really get is the desire to have every single top tier item dropped on you. TO ME (and i cant stress that enough. others may feel completely different) that kinda kills a lot of the excitement a replayabilty of the game.

there is something to be said for finding an item that is a clear upgrade over what you are using. it happens a lot while leveling. for me it would get very boring and be very disappointing to have every single rare item handed to me off the bat and then be disappointed by every drop from then on.
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#9xXBossfight69Xx(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 5:56:37 AM
Yeah it defeats the purpose of the game if everything is just handed to you. But if I farm forever and not get the anything to drop. Then it's time to trade.
#10ApexMjolnirPosted 3/25/2013 6:32:45 AM
If you don't want to dupe, play with people that don't dupe. End of Story.
---
GT: Wonderpill