Why so much hate for duping?

#11MLBloomyPosted 3/25/2013 5:39:12 AM
xXBossfight69Xx posted...
My point here is I find its ok to dupe say my infinity for a dp Harold. How is that not a legit trade?

Would the Harold be a dupe? Or would the person you're trading with lose a gun (their Harold) and gain another (a copy of your Infinity), while you lose nothing (since you duped) and gain a Harold? Are you duping another person by letting them think the latter? As Argyle_Gargoyle said in his first point, it's all about honesty, which can be easily faked through Internet forums.
#12JimiMorrison187Posted 3/25/2013 5:40:12 AM
Same reason people whine about anything. They feel like they are owed something, and want to be patted on the back for spending 100 hours farming. Nobody gives a crap in a single player/co-op game where you get your gear. As long as you don't suck at it when you play with them. Of course those that hate dupers are always some cheap ass that doesn't invest in a mic, yet want to play online for every game they own. Then come here to whine about it rather than being a real man and just telling the person to please not use duped weapons.

Just because some kid in 9th grade, has no friends, can't drive anywhere, and they have time to do it doesn't mean everyone else does. A guy that is 30 years old, with a full-time job, and a family can hardly spend 8 hours a day playing video games without losing his wife, kids, or job. Priorities. If someone is proud of farming for 8 days straight enough that they are willing to ruin their own lives they are hardly the kind of person anyone should hold in high esteem. LOL
---
If you like Terraria and can't wait for Starbound check out Darkout too (Greenlight it!): http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=98158224
#13Pvt-SpoonPosted 3/25/2013 5:49:33 AM
JimiMorrison187 posted...
Same reason people whine about anything. They feel like they are owed something, and want to be patted on the back for spending 100 hours farming. Nobody gives a crap in a single player/co-op game where you get your gear. As long as you don't suck at it when you play with them. Of course those that hate dupers are always some cheap ass that doesn't invest in a mic, yet want to play online for every game they own. Then come here to whine about it rather than being a real man and just telling the person to please not use duped weapons.

Just because some kid in 9th grade, has no friends, can't drive anywhere, and they have time to do it doesn't mean everyone else does. A guy that is 30 years old, with a full-time job, and a family can hardly spend 8 hours a day playing video games without losing his wife, kids, or job. Priorities. If someone is proud of farming for 8 days straight enough that they are willing to ruin their own lives they are hardly the kind of person anyone should hold in high esteem. LOL

I don't really care if a person dupes or not, but this here made me laugh ... and ingage in a little self reflection lolol. Bravo. I think I might put the game down for the night and take the little lady to dinner and a movie.
---
A pessimist is just an optimist with more experience.
GT:GrandPa40
#14JimiMorrison187Posted 3/25/2013 5:54:58 AM
JimiMorrison187 posted...

I don't really care if a person dupes or not, but this here made me laugh ... and ingage in a little self reflection lolol. Bravo. I think I might put the game down for the night and take the little lady to dinner and a movie.

LOL...I was reflecting while I wrote it.
---
DARE you not to laugh: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r6PCXF2NfMg
#15killbot357Posted 3/25/2013 6:18:52 AM
Mostly I'm sick of seeing duplicate LF threads every day, especially when the TC isn't offering anything in return, and even MORE when he claims to have farmed for hours before resorting to begging.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Etrian Odyssey IV, Link's Awakening DX
#16JimiMorrison187Posted 3/25/2013 6:26:48 AM(edited)
Yeah...we should put in a request for a trading board actually. Make it a split board. There are tons of games on here that need a trading board. Something I'm surprised they don't do more of. Definitely have to sift through tons of:

"LF: Lvl 139883473478 God Gun and someone to beat the game for me while I watch and give me all their loot. I farmed for 11 minutes and I'm sick of this game. Beat it for me. I offer....nothing, not even a thank you. You work for me and you should feel honored to do so."

Some boards have splits when they don't even make any sense. Like the Rockstar games that split the boards just for the DLCs and they mark you for talking about them on the main board. Then boards liek this are just all begging threads...lol
---
Fog Ring Waaaahhhh People glitching to get souls Waaaaahhhh Lightning weapons at low levels Waaaahhhhh
#17Pvt-SpoonPosted 3/25/2013 6:36:45 AM
killbot357 posted...
Mostly I'm sick of seeing duplicate LF threads every day, especially when the TC isn't offering anything in return, and even MORE when he claims to have farmed for hours before resorting to begging.

"Hey buddy, I farmed Doc for minutes ! minutes I tell you. I deserve something for my troubles ! No, not deserve .... owed ... I AM OWED ! .... or owned, not sure which". How dare you have something I do not. Super dupe it for me !

That's how it sounds to me when those threads hit ... lol. Not all, but more than not.
---
A pessimist is just an optimist with more experience.
GT:GrandPa40