Ever find a "great" weapon only for it to end up being garbage?

#1curtlandPosted 3/25/2013 7:05:36 AM(edited)
I found my FIRST "over 10,000 damage" weapon yesterday... a green Torgue rocket launcher to be exact, and I was SOOOOOOO excited to use it!

The damn thing couldn't hit water if it fell out of a boat.

;_;
---
Only idoits can't spell.
#2killbot357Posted 3/25/2013 6:52:28 AM
I remember feeling this way the first time I picked up a Torgue AR.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Etrian Odyssey IV, Link's Awakening DX
#3JimiMorrison187Posted 3/25/2013 7:01:56 AM
All the time.

The ones that always confuse me are the Jakobs AR's.

You know they are always very high value with a huge sell price, but they just aren't that great. Sure they offer very high damage, but they always have clips of like 12, rarely any sort of scope, and no auto-fire.
---
I Support: http://www.bl2wiki.com/images/thumb/0/0c/Vladof_logo.png/400px-Vladof_logo.png
#4MRDINO98Posted 3/25/2013 7:08:03 AM
Its called the flakker.
---
GT : Mr Dino1022
#5Azrael0206Posted 3/25/2013 7:12:18 AM
JimiMorrison187 posted...
All the time.

The ones that always confuse me are the Jakobs AR's.

You know they are always very high value with a huge sell price, but they just aren't that great. Sure they offer very high damage, but they always have clips of like 12, rarely any sort of scope, and no auto-fire.

My Boss Hammer Buster begs to differ.. >_>
---
Assistant Manager at Foveroula and Acid's Pawn Shop
I'm so bad at BL2, they call me "Nicholas Casual"
#6WretchedOwlPosted 3/25/2013 7:21:34 AM
I spent the longest time reloading the oasis vendor to try and get a perfect Ahab, and I finally found one.. So stoked to use it, so I take it over to thousand cuts to try and plow my way through the loaders to the Bunker, and same thing as TC said. I'm sitting here watching these harpoons sail right through the loaders.. I shoot it at their feet thinking maybe the explosion would get them, nope. Doesn't do any damage whatsoever. I felt royally screwed over.
---
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.
-- GT: Wretched Owls
#7RICKmT3Posted 3/25/2013 7:39:56 AM
In complete contrast, my Ahab absolutely plowed through the loaders I fought when I took mine for a test drive in the Forge while helping a friend do his Torgue dlc. As far as Flakker goes, my friend uses it and it's just a beast shotgun, but he's also figured out the "sweet spot" to get the most "bang for his buck" so to speak. For me though, it would be that Hammerlock's pistol from the dlc. Amazing damage on it, but HORRID rate of fire when you compare it to any other pistol. I'll stick to my Greed and Infinity for pistol work.
#8zhukov1943Posted 3/25/2013 8:08:19 AM
That's how I feel about burst-fire sniper rifles...

QUIT WASTIN' MAH AMMO!!!
---
'Reality,' sa molesworth 2, 'is so unspeakably sordid it make me shudder.'
#9JustinTheJaggedPosted 3/25/2013 9:29:03 AM
With Torgue launchers you really want to get them with the fiddle dee prefix as it makes the rocket fast enough to make their very significant drop less of a issue.

And I have gotten many weapons that looked awesome but I never got much use of out them. The kerblaster and the flakker were both weapons I was extremely excited about but was quite disappointed when I finally got them to drop. The railers are just silly, and not nearly powerful enough to use two ammo per shot. Actually the same could be said for most of the e-tech weapons I found with the exception of the splatguns.
---
Gamer for life, 31 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.
#10Pvt-SpoonPosted 3/25/2013 9:33:48 AM
For me it was the Yellow Jacket .... No sir, I didn't like it !
---
A pessimist is just an optimist with more experience.
GT:GrandPa40