putting any skill point controversy to bed

#1Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/25/2013 11:42:38 AM
havnt seen a lot of talk here about it, but some people seem to believe that the new levels would not provide skill points or that they would do something wierd like 1 pt every 2 levels.

straight from Adam F.

http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showpost.php?p=3875027&postcount=217

not a huge development, but it should put any fears regarding not getting new points to rest
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#2PC28385Posted 3/25/2013 11:46:38 AM
I honestly felt it would have been a bit humorous to not add any more skill points, because honestly that's all the level increase has really been about.
---
PSN: PSHustla | Steam:PC28385
XBOX LIVE: PC28385 | Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pc28385
#3Argyle_Gargoyle(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 11:48:15 AM
PC28385 posted...
I honestly felt it would have been a bit humorous to not add any more skill points, because honestly that's all the level increase has really been about.

it would have been a pretty crazy troll on their part.

"oh. you wanted skill points too??? well, you didnt ask for that"
---
#4RaptorkittyPosted 3/25/2013 11:52:45 AM
Argyle_Gargoyle posted...
PC28385 posted...

I would have found that hilarious.
---
GT: KittyKitty13 Playing: Borderlands 2
Official Dual GSoA on the Dark Souls board
#5davinthegreat98Posted 3/25/2013 11:56:03 AM
WELL they did say the hardest part about a level cap increase was keeping the characters balanced, i guess 11 was the lucky number
---
Not changing this sig until i fix my time machine.
Finished on 8/26/2012
#6VampLordAdamaruPosted 3/25/2013 11:57:30 AM
PC28385 posted...

Bah! I demand enough skill points to get two longbow nuke turrets that can stick to any surface, each have a shield and rocket pods, and can both slag enemies! If Gearbox doesn't make it so I can have all of those turret capabilities, they suck and should go out of business!! Also, enough skill points to max all skills...

...In all seriousness, can you imagine the hilarity that could ensue from having a four-Axton party, each with two longbow nuke turrets, double-slag barrels, shields, maglocks, and rocket pods...?
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
#7PC28385Posted 3/25/2013 11:57:52 AM
The gearbox facebook page would have been a delightful read.
---
PSN: PSHustla | Steam:PC28385
XBOX LIVE: PC28385 | Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/pc28385
#8Argyle_Gargoyle(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 11:59:36 AM
VampLordAdamaru posted...
PC28385 posted...

Bah! I demand enough skill points to get two longbow nuke turrets that can stick to any surface, each have a shield and rocket pods, and can both slag enemies! If Gearbox doesn't make it so I can have all of those turret capabilities, they suck and should go out of business!! Also, enough skill points to max all skills...

...In all seriousness, can you imagine the hilarity that could ensue from having a four-Axton party, each with two longbow nuke turrets, double-slag barrels, shields, maglocks, and rocket pods...?

a multi axton party at the current cap is already insane. so happy i get to run a full explosive axton build while keeping my slag turret. hello DPS machine
---
#9VampLordAdamaruPosted 3/25/2013 12:01:24 PM
a multi axton party at the current cap is already insane. so happy i get to run a full explosive axton build while keeping my slag turret. hello DPS machine

Oh I know how a multi-Axton party is at the moment. But, really, imagine what I described... A four-Axton party with ALL of the major turret skills... Can we say "lag all to hell"...? XD
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!
#10KellyRipyaPosted 3/25/2013 12:01:59 PM
This means new playthroughs for each and every character! I can't wait to see how each one benefits from the additional 11 skill points. So many times I've wished to just have that one or two extra points just to open one more gamechanging skill. I can't believe it'll finally happen next week.

Thanks for posting, the debates about skills points were wearing thin. It seems unimaginable they would charge most for a level increase that didn't include additional skill points.
---
I love what I destroy and destroy the thing I love
GT: Althea N Hell