Gaige or Sal?

#1cookietheifPosted 3/25/2013 6:04:26 PM
Been bouncing back and forth between the two and I can't decide on which to get to 50 first. Sal just started TVHM and Gaige will be there tonight. I'm just so torn but I love them both, halp meh decide D;
---
GT/PSN: Keijho Currently playing Borderlands 2, Dead Island, Skyrim, League of Legends and Dead Space 3
#2Wallcrawler8878Posted 3/25/2013 6:07:51 PM
Sal is ridiculously fun.

I stalled out on my mechro at 14, and just cant bring myself to load her back up. If you like having a robot do everything for you, go with mechro.

If you like to just wreck stuff while regenerating ammo and health, go with Sal.
#3FAILUREtoreplyPosted 3/25/2013 6:13:58 PM
http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=209363

With patience and getting the right gear Sal is a whole lot of fun.

I recently got my Gaige to lvl 50, but I'm not gonna bother with any of the side missions. It was a pain reaching 50
---
Who gives a s*** what you believe? In thirty seconds you'll be dead, and I'll blow this place up and be home in time for Corn Flakes.
#4KellyRipyaPosted 3/25/2013 6:26:49 PM
Gaige because of Anarchy and her elemental buffs. Plus her outfits and heads are much cuter.
---
I love what I destroy and destroy the thing I love
GT: Althea N Hell
#5WretchedOwlPosted 3/25/2013 6:30:25 PM
Depends on your playstyle in my opinion. Alot of people don't like Sal because of the forced hipfiring when gunzerking, which leads to inaccuracy and a lot of wasted bullets. But I hear talk he's the biggest DPS character in the game, and I've seen other people put out some massive damage with him. I haven't used him myself, though.

As for the Mechro, I love her. My full shock build with LBT/BFFs is a force to be reckoned with. I can't stand anarchy though.
---
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.
-- GT: Wretched Owls
#6Pvt-SpoonPosted 3/25/2013 6:30:28 PM
KellyRipya posted...
Gaige because of Anarchy and her elemental buffs. Plus her outfits and heads are much cuter.

Yeah, that's why I played Gaige to 50, the outfits ... and Jack's Face.
Just messing with ya Kelly lol.
---
A pessimist is just an optimist with more experience.
GT:GrandPa40
#7KellyRipyaPosted 3/25/2013 6:33:59 PM
WELL I NEVER!

lol I knew I'd get slammed for that, no worries ^_^. It's true though, Sal's tshirt was too grimy for me. No Bueno!
---
I love what I destroy and destroy the thing I love
GT: Althea N Hell
#8Pvt-SpoonPosted 3/25/2013 6:39:04 PM
I did the LBT / BFF build with Gaige, the 1 point in the Anarchy. I couldn't use the lighter, faster. Correct me if I'm wrong, but that would make my Infinity and some of my launchers useless right ? I have Sal at level 15 right now and it seems like he is going to be a blast with a Slagga in one hand and a bandit smg in the other.
---
A pessimist is just an optimist with more experience.
GT:GrandPa40
#9Aceofblades2k2Posted 3/25/2013 6:41:41 PM
Sal is far and away the most fun I've had with this game.

There is an awesome skill on the left side tree which completely negates inaccuracy during gunzerking, one point in gives you either plus 6% damage if two guns of same type or 6% accuracy if different types.

Try a Sal and don't look back.

Recommendation is to go Brawn to 31 b/c the flipping the bird skill is amazing, and then go down the left tree, put some solid points into the moneyshot, reload fire rate increase, reloading is for chumps, and the skill I just mentioned.

Sorry I'm bad with names but you get the gist of it.

Pair this skillset with one of the mods that gives you increased dps and health regen, add a bee shield (or a flame of firehawk or other melee shield if thats your thing), don a sheriff's badge, an infinity, 1-2 unkempt harolds and either a ruby or a white death... and you have a killing machine on your hands who does ridiculous dps, quick health regen and instantly regains all his health gunzerking and then halfway through gunzerking.

O, and the last round in his clip does +400% damage and he gains 6% damage or accuracy depending on which two guns you choose.
---
,/\[E {}F |}L/\|]ES, "Lance Armstrong Needs Akimbo Testicles- Why is he only allowed one at a time? - SmolledShrimp
#10Aceofblades2k2Posted 3/25/2013 6:43:30 PM
Btw, Torgue!

Unkempt Harold and Ravagers are so much fun its silly. I have yet to find a really good spitter, but then again I have yet to find a really good assault rifle in this game period. I have a good Vladoff E-Tech, but, meh.
---
,/\[E {}F |}L/\|]ES, "Lance Armstrong Needs Akimbo Testicles- Why is he only allowed one at a time? - SmolledShrimp