AAAAAAAAAAH can't NOT brag about my epic luck these past few days

#1ssj954vegitoPosted 3/26/2013 12:37:30 AM
Not only was I able to farm an almost complete set practible[3x shot] Slow hands[only have a normal slag one] but while randomly playing with randoms in the casti caverns, in that spiderant cave with the chest, a spiderant drops an incindiary b!tc4! THEN, I finally get the hellfire which I've longed for for so long, AND just today, get a slagga in TWO tries, UNBRULIEVABUR! And the most IMPOSSIBRU thing just happened to me, the Logan's Gun which I farmed away at whilhelm for a whole day, not only appears, but appears in the chest in opportunity next to the badass constructor spawn, not only did I get a Logan's Gun, I got a Redundant[2X shot] Logan's Gun. This game usually hates giving me chance aquired stuff but HOLY CRAP am I having good luck.
---
proud to be a strange EPic
You ever notice that everything in the universe spins.
#2saika_magoichiPosted 3/26/2013 2:19:38 AM
...because your typing style is so obnoxious, I feel that I need to rain on your parade by telling you that with the coming level cap increase, everything you just found will soon be completely useless. Have a good day.
---
Up, over, and gone! PSN: Saika
#3MystearicaGrantPosted 3/26/2013 2:33:16 AM
Not quite *completely* useless. Yeah they'll fall behind quickly, but Level 50~ Legendaries should be able to hold up to about Level 55~ before being truly outdated.
---
Spell card! Diamond Will ~ Unbreakable Determination!
#4AlleRacingPosted 3/26/2013 2:56:29 AM
MystearicaGrant posted...
Not quite *completely* useless. Yeah they'll fall behind quickly, but Level 50~ Legendaries should be able to hold up to about Level 55~ before being truly outdated.

>what is geometric scaling
---
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/8325/scrunchface2copyfx0.png
http://www.xboxlc.com/cards/default/alle5.jpg
#5MystearicaGrantPosted 3/26/2013 3:31:27 AM
AlleRacing posted...

Yeah, I just saw some stuff on the Gearbox forums about the math, so I am mistaken. Level 50 Legendaries will hold up to about 53, not 55 :P
---
Spell card! Diamond Will ~ Unbreakable Determination!
#6WretchedOwlPosted 3/26/2013 4:40:45 AM
AlleRacing posted...

Yeah, I just saw some stuff on the Gearbox forums about the math, so I am mistaken. Level 50 Legendaries will hold up to about 53, not 55 :P

I dunno about this... I just recently levelled a Zer0 and I used my lv17 Maggie well into my 30s.
---
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.
-- GT: Wretched Owls
#7Argyle_GargoylePosted 3/26/2013 4:50:12 AM
WretchedOwl posted...
AlleRacing posted...

I dunno about this... I just recently levelled a Zer0 and I used my lv17 Maggie well into my 30s.

the scaling isnt as severe in PT1. good items will last far longer.

on PT2, using a weapon 2-3 levels below and enemy (whether its legendary or not) wont get you all that far. a good legendary will last you a bit longer, but once you are 2-3 levels beyond the item, it will be about time to find a replacement, if not sooner

its due to the games current scaling. for each level increaese, the enemies increase by a slightly higher degree than does the player and the players equal level gear.

it isnt an issue early on, but once you get into higher levels, the difference becomes more and more prominent

this is also the reason why GBX was telling the truth when they said balancing the upcoming level increase was so difficult. the higher in level you and the enemies become, the harder and harder it will be to dispatch them at the same level

the ratio is something like a %13 increase for the player and a %15 increase for the enemies. when this is scaled out over 50-60 levels, the difference is pretty huge
---
Crazy? Crazy with low prices on Wind Brahmin. You buy one!!
#8ssj954vegito(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 8:19:30 AM
...because your typing style is so obnoxious, I feel that I need to rain on your parade by telling you that with the coming level cap increase, everything you just found will soon be completely useless. Have a good day.

Please, I've been waiting for the level cap, I'll just have farm some more, so is life. I apologiz if that somehow came off as "obnoxious" but I've never had luck like this in BL ever.
---
proud to be a strange EPic
You ever notice that everything in the universe spins.
#9MyGoodPosted 3/26/2013 9:59:22 AM
No, they will be good for about an hour when he arrives at level 50 with Krieg
---
---
Evolution works in mysterious ways
#10BayouJoePosted 3/26/2013 10:08:02 AM
When I was around level 30 I acquired some level 30 legendaries (don't ask where I got them, it was a cold dark night on some anonymous street corner deep in the city) and they killed quite efficiently up to around level 38-40.
---
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead."