Unlucky or drop rate reduced.

#1volkov123Posted 3/26/2013 10:45:05 AM
I have killed Hunter Hellquist and Madame Von Bartleby like 30 times each after hitting 50. I haven't seen 1 legendary drop. Did they reduce drop rate of the bee and baby maker?

It's getting a little frustrating. So far, it has been all greens and 1 blue grenade.
#2killbot357Posted 3/26/2013 10:48:35 AM
Unlikely. Random number generator is random.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Etrian Odyssey IV, Link's Awakening DX
#3MrImpatient35Posted 3/26/2013 10:49:48 AM
Actually, I was MUCH luckier to get a legendary from Mad Dog in Lynchwood than Madame. The Baby Maker I think it was. I got like...3 from him. Same thing happened to me with Hunter though. I killed him so many times, and got nothing, so I just LFed the Bee.
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.
#4volkov123(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 10:54:50 AM
Thanks. I guess it'll keep grinding. I have also tried Dr. Mercy for the infinity about 20 times with no luck. I will throw mad dog into my rotation as well.
#5MystearicaGrantPosted 3/26/2013 10:58:49 AM
30 times isn't exactly a lot. In fact, it's about one third what I had to do for each of those drops. I had to do about 90-120 kills for my first Bee and Baby Maker.

Now, if this were, say, the HellFire or such, something with a higher drop rate, then this would seem unlucky. Based on my own track record, and those of people I have spoken with, The Bee and the Baby Maker seem to be around 1% or 2% drop rate, while the HellFire seems closer to 4% or 5%.

Between Hellquist for The Bee and Madam Von whatever for Baby Maker, Hellquist is easier to farm, since it's a much shorter distance to get to him, and you can Catch-a-Ride to make it even faster.

Simply, Not Unlucky, Drop Rate is Normal, you just have not gotten Lucky.
---
Spell card! Diamond Will ~ Unbreakable Determination!
#6MrImpatient35Posted 3/26/2013 11:03:08 AM
MystearicaGrant posted...
30 times isn't exactly a lot. In fact, it's about one third what I had to do for each of those drops. I had to do about 90-120 kills for my first Bee and Baby Maker.

Now, if this were, say, the HellFire or such, something with a higher drop rate, then this would seem unlucky. Based on my own track record, and those of people I have spoken with, The Bee and the Baby Maker seem to be around 1% or 2% drop rate, while the HellFire seems closer to 4% or 5%.

Between Hellquist for The Bee and Madam Von whatever for Baby Maker, Hellquist is easier to farm, since it's a much shorter distance to get to him, and you can Catch-a-Ride to make it even faster.

Simply, Not Unlucky, Drop Rate is Normal, you just have not gotten Lucky.

I got both the Hellfire and Baby maker really quickly. A lot less than 30 kills. Maybe 15. Mad Dog seems to drop it way more than madame.
---
I have Dysarthria. It's a Speech problem. Your question is answered now.
#7JustinTheJaggedPosted 3/26/2013 11:16:29 AM(edited)
It seems really random sometimes. When I was farming for a neogenator I had the first one drop in under 5 kills, but then it took almost 60 for the second one to drop. And at least a few hundred more before he finally dropped a level 50 one.
---
Gamer for life, 31 years and counting.
A life without video games is not a life worth living.
#8VampLordAdamaruPosted 3/26/2013 11:23:53 AM
I actually had a Hellfire drop on a PT1 Scorch the first time. I haven't really seen one since, though, admittedly, I haven't exactly farmed for one. Still, first kill is awesome, and it is good for a low-level character (I think it's a level 8 or 9).
---
Founder - IRDC AND Fluffy the Friendly Deathclaw Fanclub
ULCE#: 9,426 of 53,160; Misty is mine!