Zer0 Melee/Gun Hybrid Build

#1WretchedOwlPosted 3/27/2013 10:02:33 AM
So I just got my Zer0 to 50, and I really couldn't decide what class mod to use with him, so I figured I'd try and make something out of the Legendary Hunter mod, and what I came up with seems to be working pretty well for me surprisingly.

Here's my build:
http://talent.87bazillion.com/2/assassin.php?505001500055000100002505510000

Is there anything super important that I'm missing for this playstyle? Anywhere I could replace skill points? I'm completely new to this whole Zer0 nonsense, so I'm looking for pointers. I think its a bit suckish to not have points in Fearless with such an in your face playstyle, but I can't bring myself to take points out of Vel0city because I use the Cobra alot and the bullet speed is nice for that.
---
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.
-- GT: Wretched Owls
#2killbot357Posted 3/27/2013 10:09:28 AM
A distinct lack of a gamechanger, though you can easily solve that problem once you hit 61.
---
XBOX GT: illbzo1
Currently playing: Etrian Odyssey IV, Link's Awakening DX
#3WretchedOwl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 10:13:36 AM
Yeah I was thinking that as I was posting this.. I don't even know which one I'd go for. Death Bl0ss0m probably.
---
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.
#4jloewensteinPosted 3/27/2013 10:17:19 AM
Seems nice to me, as long as you have an evis Ruby always ready. If not, healing could be a problem.
---
Steam: jloewenstein
#5WretchedOwl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 10:21:17 AM
jloewenstein posted...
Seems nice to me, as long as you have an evis Ruby always ready. If not, healing could be a problem.

I should probably get on that. Come to think of it, I don't have any bladed guns in my rotation as of now, and I'm still doing pretty awesome melee damage if I time them right.
---
#6terabientPosted 3/27/2013 12:45:43 PM
If you're using melee at all, Backstab is a really good skill. I'd definitely dump Be Like Water and put those points into Killing Blow and Backstab. (Yes, even with Killing Blow already being ridiculous with the class mod, but I still think that's way better than putting 5 points in Be Like Water. <_< )

I'd pick up Ambush too, maybe move points out of Counterstrike to get it. I think Rising Shot is worth having if you're gunning, but I'm not sure what you could drop in order to get it.

I don't think you need a Rubi if you're using the Legendary Hunter mod but it doesn't hurt to have it just in case. Or if you're going against a raid boss. :P
---
What everyone needs to do is calm down, take a deep breath, and prepare their bodies for the Thunderdome.
GT: janejana
#7WretchedOwl(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 12:57:50 PM
terabient posted...
If you're using melee at all, Backstab is a really good skill. I'd definitely dump Be Like Water and put those points into Killing Blow and Backstab. (Yes, even with Killing Blow already being ridiculous with the class mod, but I still think that's way better than putting 5 points in Be Like Water. <_< )

I'd pick up Ambush too, maybe move points out of Counterstrike to get it. I think Rising Shot is worth having if you're gunning, but I'm not sure what you could drop in order to get it.

I don't think you need a Rubi if you're using the Legendary Hunter mod but it doesn't hurt to have it just in case. Or if you're going against a raid boss. :P

I'd rather have Be Like Water as maxed as possible since I'm constantly switching from melee to shooting. And yeah I was looking at rising shot, but my main source of damage on mobs is a Hammer Buster, which I tend to miss with a lot trying to get those bullets out asap. I may try Backstab though, because I usually play with other people. But I made this spec while I was soloing and in that mindset haha.
---
#8Jambi_ManPosted 3/27/2013 1:31:24 PM
You should try the Execute/Kunai build. Id stay away from 'like water', & shift that to grim. Cut out the sniping tree, add rising shot, innervate, and two fang on your way down to Death Blossom. The gun power you lose is made up for with rising shot & two fang. It's a super fun build, giving you many many ways to kill.
---
No son, never. The blood stays on the blade. One day you'll understand.
#9xHuckleberryPosted 3/27/2013 2:50:28 PM
Heres my tricky infiltrator build.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wisgbYvZeyw

Moxxi weapons do things.