Do We Understand the Concept of a Business?

#1IAmDJNinjaStarPosted 3/27/2013 3:23:25 PM
Okay, so I'm seeing a TON of b****ing and moaning about having to pay for the level upgrade and new character. Apparently some of us here don't understand how business works. They (the company) provides a product or service. In exchange we provide them with compensation. When I bought the vanilla game, I got exactly what was promised. A new borderlands game. I understood that new characters and DLC and ANYTHING else would cost extra. Just like pretty much every other game. Just like most products or services in life. How can anyone here be surprised or angry that gearbox is charging for new content? And it's $5 for levels and $10 for the new character. If you can't pony up $15 when you already own an Xbox, Borderlands 2, and Xbox Live if you plan on downloading anything, you probably should find a cheaper hobby. I don't mean that as an elitist comment. I don't golf or yacht because it's too damn expensive. I can afford video games. I know what the cost was going in. Remember that at the end of the day, gearbox is a business FIRST and your buddy second. They are trying to make money in a crap economy like everyone else. How can you blame them for wanting to make money? I know this has all been said before by others in a bunch of other posts but I had to add my disdain on the subject. I'll end by saying when I was 14 I took a general business class freshman year of high school. I was hoping to learn some new things about money and the economy. They wound up teaching us general principles such as supply and demand. Even then I remember thinking "I already know this! This is literally the MOST general business information you could be taught." And I realized this at 14. How do so many people on here still not grasp how companies make money? Are they all still in middle school?
---
Hi, IAmDJNinjaStar.
#2Steve0314Posted 3/27/2013 3:29:46 PM
So close to being done with this conversation.... and then you post this.... damn. LOLZ
---
GT: Steve0314
#3CapTionisTPosted 3/27/2013 3:39:10 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4Jambi_ManPosted 3/27/2013 3:43:44 PM
I'm with you DJ...

They come on here and cry, they whine, they moan, waaaa waaaa waaaaaa

I see their lips moving, but all I hear is waa waaa waaaaa, sob, sniffle, gasp............ waaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

Whiners gonna Whine.
---
No son, never. The blood stays on the blade. One day you'll understand.
#5IAmDJNinjaStar(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 3:44:03 PM
CapTionisT posted...
didn't read... I shall guess it is b*tchin about people b*tchin. How bout we let those who cannot afford it suffer? Instead of a (at least) new one of these topics every 4 hours.

Being salty about other peoples opinions and financial situations isn't gonna help these things die. Neither is my reply

Hypocrisy ftw

Classic. "Let me throw my two cents in even though I admittedly didn't read it all." Laziness, FTW. God I feel like I'm 14 typing "FTW". Seriously? For the win. Too long to type dude?
---
Hi, IAmDJNinjaStar.
#6CapTionisTPosted 3/27/2013 3:48:56 PM
IAmDJNinjaStar posted...
CapTionisT posted...
didn't read... I shall guess it is b*tchin about people b*tchin. How bout we let those who cannot afford it suffer? Instead of a (at least) new one of these topics every 4 hours.

Being salty about other peoples opinions and financial situations isn't gonna help these things die. Neither is my reply

Hypocrisy ftw

Classic. "Let me throw my two cents in even though I admittedly didn't read it all." Laziness, FTW. God I feel like I'm 14 typing "FTW". Seriously? For the win. Too long to type dude?

Why read when it says the same thing everyone else said? Do not try and take your high horse because your opinion is part of the majority. You literally just took the time to give a business lesson and insult those you do not know because you have the means to get said thing. IMO you are being an arse
---
PSN/GT: CapTionisT
You know you suck as a sidekick, Im just letting you know so that the next time you think you're bad@$$..don't do it ~ Desert Punk
#7FalloutgenuisPosted 3/27/2013 3:51:21 PM
That is a wall of text.
---
Gt: RAW DJ
#8Jambi_ManPosted 3/27/2013 3:54:37 PM
CapTionisT posted...

Hypocrisy ftw

If you can't "afford" a 5 dollar dlc, then you shouldn't be buying an X-box, or the 60 dollar games that come with it.
---
No son, never. The blood stays on the blade. One day you'll understand.
#9IAmDJNinjaStar(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 4:01:14 PM(edited)
Last thing I'll add. I promise. If honesty is being an "arse", that makes me a butt, tail, tush, behind, a**, hiney, and badonkadonk as well. It saddens me how many people mistake honesty as insults or "flaming". Sometimes the truth isn't nice to say. I know that. But the sooner we deal in truths and not in lies and political correctness, we'll all be a great deal better off in life. Think of a world without BS. I could get in on that.

Edit: Apologies on length. Brevity was never my strong suit.
---
Hi, IAmDJNinjaStar.
#10iriswcPosted 3/27/2013 4:03:36 PM
I sure hope that high school class is all you took to have such a narrow view of what's going on with the video game industry