Do We Understand the Concept of a Business?

#11diablogamerPosted 3/27/2013 4:06:22 PM
You guys are right people should be happy to give their money away for little to no content.
---
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very
persistent one" Albert Einstein
#12Carlito424Posted 3/27/2013 4:06:23 PM
IAmDJNinjaStar posted...
Okay, so I'm seeing a TON of b****ing and moaning about having to pay for the level upgrade and new character. Apparently some of us here don't understand how business works. They (the company) provides a product or service. In exchange we provide them with compensation. When I bought the vanilla game, I got exactly what was promised. A new borderlands game. I understood that new characters and DLC and ANYTHING else would cost extra. Just like pretty much every other game. Just like most products or services in life. How can anyone here be surprised or angry that gearbox is charging for new content? And it's $5 for levels and $10 for the new character. If you can't pony up $15 when you already own an Xbox, Borderlands 2, and Xbox Live if you plan on downloading anything, you probably should find a cheaper hobby. I don't mean that as an elitist comment. I don't golf or yacht because it's too damn expensive. I can afford video games. I know what the cost was going in. Remember that at the end of the day, gearbox is a business FIRST and your buddy second. They are trying to make money in a crap economy like everyone else. How can you blame them for wanting to make money? I know this has all been said before by others in a bunch of other posts but I had to add my disdain on the subject. I'll end by saying when I was 14 I took a general business class freshman year of high school. I was hoping to learn some new things about money and the economy. They wound up teaching us general principles such as supply and demand. Even then I remember thinking "I already know this! This is literally the MOST general business information you could be taught." And I realized this at 14. How do so many people on here still not grasp how companies make money? Are they all still in middle school?

Well when you think about it the only people that should really complain are the people that have been gaming for a good time. If your smart and took that course like you said you have you have to realize that there are people that are smart enough to understand that deals like these are kinda lame and have the right to complain. It's like why not release all of the content with the game when its released? You know why? Because companies now realize that there are simple minded people that fall for this crap and say okay lets make a $60 game into a $95 game by releasing content little by little. It's like don't be stupid... People know when they are given a sour deal despite supply and demand. So in conclusion I don't blame people complaining about this. I can go into detail but I won't but to keep it short if your smart... extra content for missions... well okay but paying for bonus content for a level cap well..... not too smart even if it was a penny to pay for.
#13FalloutgenuisPosted 3/27/2013 4:07:33 PM
diablogamer posted...
You guys are right people should be happy to give their money away for little to no content.

Give, as in a choice.
---
Gt: RAW DJ
#14CapTionisTPosted 3/27/2013 4:07:45 PM
Jambi_Man posted...
If you can't "afford" a 5 dollar dlc, then you shouldn't be buying an X-box, or the 60 dollar games that come with it.

Disagree, what if it was a gift? There are many things that could help someone to go to the store and purchase a system and game.

For example, My xbox was a gift and I paid for BL2 and all my games. If do not have a credit/debit card so I would have to purchase a 1600 just to purchase DLC.

I see it as a waste but i did it anyway.
---
PSN/GT: CapTionisT
You know you suck as a sidekick, Im just letting you know so that the next time you think you're bad@$$..don't do it ~ Desert Punk
#15fredbeatswilmaPosted 3/27/2013 4:20:46 PM
It's not whether or not people have the money. It's about said content is worth $5.
---
uh huh, herbal derbally berbil urbil
#16N7Spectre707Posted 3/27/2013 4:35:58 PM
fredbeatswilma posted...
It's not whether or not people have the money. It's about said content is worth $5.

But the content is superfluous. The Vanilla game can be played, completed, and enjoyed as is out of the package, offering enough content to take up literally 100+ hours of a players time. That's way more value than most games already. On top of that, the third playthrough and the backpack increases etc are coming FREE but maybe they should have made it exclusive in the level cap increase DLC just to make it more appealing. That's doing us players a favor right there.

Point is, if you don't feel it's a good deal, then don't buy it. That's fine if you pass on the content because it's worth less than $5 to you. But here's the problem; why are people taking the time to whine and demand something that's not even worth $5 to them? And furthermore, why are people acting like gearbox/2k has somehow wronged them for charging for extra content that they worked on? Either this dlc is worth less than $5 and therefore probably isn't worth complaining about in the first place, or it IS worth $5 or more but people feel so entitled to it they want to get the content without paying for it, despite it being only $5.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675
#17youngunner2123Posted 3/27/2013 4:36:12 PM
CapTionisT posted...
Jambi_Man posted...
If you can't "afford" a 5 dollar dlc, then you shouldn't be buying an X-box, or the 60 dollar games that come with it.

Disagree, what if it was a gift? There are many things that could help someone to go to the store and purchase a system and game.

For example, My xbox was a gift and I paid for BL2 and all my games. If do not have a credit/debit card so I would have to purchase a 1600 just to purchase DLC.

I see it as a waste but i did it anyway.

That's BS!! Best buy and gamestop sell 400 point cards along with

---
Your arms are too short to box with GOD!!!
#18vonVolikPosted 3/27/2013 4:42:51 PM
fredbeatswilma posted...

And this we won't know until it is out and people have played it for a while.

Weather or not they should charge money for this, and how much, would require someone to actually see the books on how many man hours this took to create across the 3 systems. I know Gearbox has said thousands, and other people are saying very little time was spent, but we don't know which is true or if the answer lies in between.

So I guess we will have to wait and see if new weapons, level increase, and playthrough 3.0 are worth it.
#19fredbeatswilmaPosted 3/27/2013 4:49:28 PM
vonVolik posted...
fredbeatswilma posted...

Weather or not they should charge money for this, and how much, would require someone to actually see the books on how many man hours this took to create across the 3 systems. I know Gearbox has said thousands, and other people are saying very little time was spent, but we don't know which is true or if the answer lies in between.

So I guess we will have to wait and see if new weapons, level increase, and playthrough 3.0 are worth it.

Correct. I'm not for either side I just understand them both.
---
uh huh, herbal derbally berbil urbil
#20N7Spectre707Posted 3/27/2013 4:50:22 PM
vonVolik posted...
fredbeatswilma posted...

Even man hours is not a good measure. Some games take 2x,3x, 4x longer to make than other games. Some games take 2x,3x, even 10x the budget to make. But ALL games release at $60 a pop. And just because a game took less time and money to make, doesn't mean it's less worthy of a $60 purchase than a game that took much longer and much more money to make. We should value the content based on what it's going to do for us. If this level cap is going to give you, say, 25 more hours of game time, I'd say that makes it worth it. Etc.
---
"I saw GAMEFAQs with faqs being spelled like faqs instead of facts I figured poor grammar to be welcomed"
-MiKe345675