Do We Understand the Concept of a Business?

#21CapTionisTPosted 3/27/2013 5:54:13 PM
youngunner2123 posted...
CapTionisT posted...
Jambi_Man posted...
If you can't "afford" a 5 dollar dlc, then you shouldn't be buying an X-box, or the 60 dollar games that come with it.

Disagree, what if it was a gift? There are many things that could help someone to go to the store and purchase a system and game.

For example, My xbox was a gift and I paid for BL2 and all my games. If do not have a credit/debit card so I would have to purchase a 1600 just to purchase DLC.

I see it as a waste but i did it anyway.

That's BS!! Best buy and gamestop sell 400 point cards along with

If they have those where you live that is awesome... gamestop and best buy and walmart has

1600 point cards
3pack 800 point cards
4000 point cards

so yea... thanks for the vote of confidence
---
PSN/GT: CapTionisT
You know you suck as a sidekick, Im just letting you know so that the next time you think you're bad@$$..don't do it ~ Desert Punk
#22jloewensteinPosted 3/27/2013 6:00:10 PM
Jambi_Man posted...

They come on here and cry, they whine, they moan, waaaa waaaa waaaaaa

I see their lips moving, but all I hear is waa waaa waaaaa, sob, sniffle, gasp............ waaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.....

Jack's extracted their dad's eye with a spoon?
---
Steam: jloewenstein
#23vonVolikPosted 3/27/2013 6:04:16 PM
N7Spectre707 posted...
vonVolik posted...
fredbeatswilma posted...
It's not whether or not people have the money. It's about said content is worth $5.

And this we won't know until it is out and people have played it for a while.

Weather or not they should charge money for this, and how much, would require someone to actually see the books on how many man hours this took to create across the 3 systems. I know Gearbox has said thousands, and other people are saying very little time was spent, but we don't know which is true or if the answer lies in between.

So I guess we will have to wait and see if new weapons, level increase, and playthrough 3.0 are worth it.

Even man hours is not a good measure. Some games take 2x,3x, 4x longer to make than other games. Some games take 2x,3x, even 10x the budget to make. But ALL games release at $60 a pop. And just because a game took less time and money to make, doesn't mean it's less worthy of a $60 purchase than a game that took much longer and much more money to make. We should value the content based on what it's going to do for us. If this level cap is going to give you, say, 25 more hours of game time, I'd say that makes it worth it. Etc.

I agree with what you said here. My man hours comment was purely for this $5 purchase, and what the company should charge for it.

I agree from my own personal consumer view, that this is worth it, to raise your self 11 levels and go through playthrough 3.0, you should get enough bang for your buck.
#24vonVolikPosted 3/27/2013 6:21:22 PM
CapTionisT posted...
youngunner2123 posted...
CapTionisT posted...
Jambi_Man posted...
If you can't "afford" a 5 dollar dlc, then you shouldn't be buying an X-box, or the 60 dollar games that come with it.

Disagree, what if it was a gift? There are many things that could help someone to go to the store and purchase a system and game.

For example, My xbox was a gift and I paid for BL2 and all my games. If do not have a credit/debit card so I would have to purchase a 1600 just to purchase DLC.

I see it as a waste but i did it anyway.

That's BS!! Best buy and gamestop sell 400 point cards along with

If they have those where you live that is awesome... gamestop and best buy and walmart has

1600 point cards
3pack 800 point cards
4000 point cards

so yea... thanks for the vote of confidence

If you are able to shop over the internet, and don't have any issues with doing it. You can go to Amazon.com and buy 400 points. The code will appear on your computer screen, and you can get it e-mailed to you.
#25CapTionisTPosted 3/27/2013 6:31:42 PM
vonVolik posted...

If you are able to shop over the internet, and don't have any issues with doing it. You can go to Amazon.com and buy 400 points. The code will appear on your computer screen, and you can get it e-mailed to you.

I know but my original statement was stating that every persons' situation is different. For Amazon you need a credit/debit card or Paypal. I have none of those so I have no choice but to overpay for the content.

I saw your link in another topic
---
You know you suck as a sidekick, Im just letting you know so that the next time you think you're bad@$$..don't do it ~ Desert Punk
#26vonVolikPosted 3/27/2013 7:04:28 PM
CapTionisT posted...
vonVolik posted...

I know but my original statement was stating that every persons' situation is different. For Amazon you need a credit/debit card or Paypal. I have none of those so I have no choice but to overpay for the content.

I saw your link in another topic

My apologies for not seeing your entire post, reading these on an old phone with an extra small screen.

Not my topic but I did see the one you were referring too.

The other option, which is probably more expensive than the 1600 ms points would be to get an Amazon gift card, at least you could use that for other things on the site, and not be penned into xbox only content
#27Flow_149Posted 3/27/2013 7:29:51 PM
This topic is new and exciting.
Ironically I see more topics moaning about the complainers then the complainers themselves, go figure.
#28Flow_149Posted 3/27/2013 7:31:31 PM
IAmDJNinjaStar posted...
Do We Understand the Concept of a Business?

To milk the consumer out every single dime that we possibly can! hue hue hue.
#29CapTionisTPosted 3/27/2013 7:32:40 PM
Flow_149 posted...

Ironically I see more topics moaning about the complainers then the complainers themselves, go figure.

This
---
#30demonwithinPosted 3/27/2013 8:41:08 PM(edited)
The real issue here is, somewhere in this current console generation, games went from a product (you pay $20-$60 for a disc with a game on it) to a service (paying $20-$60 for a disc with a fraction of 'BDLC' game on it and the company sells the rest of that game to you in little chunks) and aren't willing to come out and admit that they are trying to completely change the business model to make more money off of the same amount of work. That exudes a certain level of laziness and greed that makes me feel a bit ill. This is compounded by the number of people that not only accept it, but will defend such practices and loudly decry people that take issue with these practices.

Now, if I was to go and say that it's only a matter of time before they sell you the end of a game separately, I would be wrong. However, it's only because Capcom already has done so ("Asura's Wrath" anyone?). To enlighten those who aren't familiar, it was a 4 act game with 3 acts on disc and the 4th act sold separately, which had the end of the games story, for $10 or $15 dollars. Exact price eludes me, but that doesn't even enter into it as they sold the end of the "game". Separately. For 16-25% of the original price of the "game".

TL;DR- To anyone who thinks that the whole situation with DLC can't escalate to the point of having to buy the end of game you already paid for can and already has happened.
---
"You think I'm Vicious?! YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT VICIOUS IS!!!!!!!!" Spike Spiegel