So... Is there some easier way to kill Pete?

#1themagicpainmanPosted 3/27/2013 7:35:26 PM
My friend and I were basically forced to jump up into the safe zones to beat this guy. We could get his shield down fairly easily, but once he went into his pyrocaustic mode that was it. Our weapons tickled his health and that damn unavoidable nova just slowly did us in due to the increasingly difficult enemies spawning. It took a good 10-15 minutes of straight shooting from the safe zones to actually bring his whole health bar down.

Sorry for sounding naive, but I don't understand how people can just say "Oh go farm this guy a ton" like it's nothing. Is there some sort of easier way to damage him?
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#2capnovanPosted 3/27/2013 7:36:33 PM
using the Evil Smasher glitch
---
You can take my Karma, but you'll never take......MY FREEDOM!
#3WretchedOwlPosted 3/27/2013 7:42:14 PM
Your problem seems to be damage output, because if you can't keep up with his novas and have to keep turning the waterfall valves to get his DoT off of you, you can get easily overwhelmed by lv65 mobs, which do more damage than Pete himself.

Personally, I'd say a Bee is a must have for any raid boss. You need a weapon with multiple projectiles that doesn't list it in the tag, such as the Sandhawk or the Unkempt Harold. The Pimpernel from the quest in Washburne Refinery is also a good choice. You also need to keep him slagged almost the entire time you fight him in order to put out the necessary damage as well.

Avoid his melee attacks at all cost and alternate pulling the rats and the spiderants valves so they stay around the same level. A quick way to wipe out these guys is just turn the valve, run through the water, wait a few seconds and toss a nade where they jump out.

Any other questions, feel free to ask! I've soloed him plenty of times, as well as killed him with a group.
---
Some doors are best left closed, because once open, they're easy to walk through again and again.
-- GT: Wretched Owls
#4themagicpainman(Topic Creator)Posted 3/27/2013 7:49:36 PM
Well I don't actually have the Pirate DLC so I can't really use the Sandhawk. But getting some tokens for the Harold should be fairly easy.

At the moment we only have the Bee, CC, Badaboom, and Hellfire for oranges. Bee certainly helped immensely, but I'll have to find a weapon to work better with it.

I'm probably in the minority, but I don't like how they "Fixed" the Bee...
---
"Combine Cloak and Dagger with Boots of Swiftness so CC doesn't stop you from moving faster toward defeat." - Frost_shock_FTW
#5xXBossfight69XxPosted 3/27/2013 7:54:13 PM
Also depends on what your classes are as well. A commando slag turret is very helpful and having him slagged pretty much the whole time makes him easier. Also if you're not a commando. Have someone slag him. A shock sand hawk and a alkaline bee is very helpful. Kite him around if you're not doing the safe jump areas. Also when you drop the waterfalls to get the dot off you. Switch be tween the two. And drop two nades under the fall to kill the baddies that drop out of it quickly. Hope that info was some what helpful. Like said in previous post. Get a weapon with high damage out out like a dp Harold and sand hawk. Also infinitys are good against him for when you are kiting him around and can constantly shoot.
#6BigRobb2389Posted 3/27/2013 8:15:16 PM
the redundant fibber is another good weapon to use.

puts out a ton of damage even without the bee, perhaps allowing you to use a better shield.

it will eat up ammo though. Pairing it with an infinity with the bee shield is a good way to stretch out your ammo reserves, though.

I have yet to beat him legitimately, I farm him using the splash damage glitch with the gunzerker, as you really need some good gear to take him down.

I usually use rubberized slag transfusions against him. though, for slagging him, something like a slag bouncing bonnie or crossfire would be better, or even just a slag bouncing betty. The O-Negative grenade might be a good one to use, I don't have one though.

If you are using grenades for healing, look into the leech perhaps, it wont do much damage, not that any grenade really would, but it will give you healing faster than regular transfusion grenades
---
http://www.last.fm/user/BigRobb/
#7MillkdudzPosted 3/27/2013 8:17:35 PM
It takes a little longer but this os what I do:

There is a safe spot to the left of where you turn around after summoning him. Look on youtube if you can't find it. Eventually he will jump up after you and get stuck. Then you come down and wail on him in between his special attacks. This is not mecessary with the right weopons, but might help you kill hom a few times until he drops something useful and then you can take him out more easily.

As far as weapons, the ones mentioned above are the best, but many different weapons can be useful. I personally (since I dont have a smasher or harold or sandhawk) use a bee of course coupled with a thunderball fists to get his shield down, then I switch to a purple spitter (explosive AR) for his health bar. Usually takes about 6 or 7 minutes. As stated, there are better combos, but mine is serviceable and pete is fairly generous about dropping shock/slag/explosive weapons that will cut down on your time, as well as elemental relics to beef up your damage. The key as everyone says is to keep him slagged as much as possible and dont waste your ammo when he is not slagged. I prefer to use phaselock, but other characters do a fine job as well.
#8EmperorBlackPosted 3/27/2013 8:21:10 PM
Salvador with some reasonably good gear seems to have an easy time killing Pete from what I've seen... I have a level 50 Sal with 2 Redundant Fibbers that do some great 6-figure damage on a regular basis (as long as you keep bouncing the shots off the floor). Even the ridiculously high level Spider-ants and Rats that eventually pop up from turning on the water (I've seen them go as high as level 66!)... they are no match for the double-fibber combo of doom. If a Salvador player has even 1 other player with him then it can almost be considered "easy". Redundant Fibber, man... I haven't really used anything else with Salvador ever since I got those... those guns are like cheat code shenanigans, heh...just stoopid damage numbers...it's beautiful.

*I'm surprised they haven't "fixed" the cheap method of jumping up on the rail and getting him stuck there....but that method apparently still works too.
---
http://community.modnation.com/en-us/players/ZoomSurtr/creations
#9JimiMorrison187Posted 3/27/2013 9:34:16 PM
Fibber is a good choice for sure if you can't get the Sand Hawk. Definitely beastly with 2 of them if you ahve Sal. I think I might try to get a slag one next time so I can use that and a shock one together to keep him slagged and destroyed. Either that or just another sock one and use slag transfusion nades.

You really need 2 Fibbers for Sal because you completely waste your other gun in Zerk since it just goes into the floor. Other than finding a good shotgun that lays a blob of element like slag, but even then you waste a lot of damage potential. I bet one of those E-Tech Darts would work well with the Fibber too since they bounce.
---
Fog Ring Waaaahhhh People glitching to get souls Waaaaahhhh Lightning weapons at low levels Waaaahhhhh
#10xBallyhooxPosted 3/27/2013 9:49:39 PM
BigRobb2389 posted...
the redundant fibber is another good weapon to use.

puts out a ton of damage even without the bee, perhaps allowing you to use a better shield.

it will eat up ammo though. Pairing it with an infinity with the bee shield is a good way to stretch out your ammo reserves, though.

I have yet to beat him legitimately, I farm him using the splash damage glitch with the gunzerker, as you really need some good gear to take him down.

Bee shield, orphan maker (left hand, rustlers preferred), DP Harold, literally any sheriffs badge and your done. The other weapon set can be anything